2nds AFLX Tournament

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Dogs. Treat the game with the contempt it deserves. This was always going to happen when Peter Gordon canned the concept on radio last week.

Supporters need to back the club up and not watcb 1 second of this rubbish

Rohan Smith coaching too.

I'll take a gander because I miss footy so much but doubt this will be a winner
This is the trouble though. Everyone says they don’t think it’s a good idea, don’t like it etc.

But then those people watch it and then guess what? AFL gets the ratings it wants and it’s back again next year. Don’t like AFLX. Don’t watch. If you’re that curious just watch highlights the next day.

This is the trouble though. Everyone says they don’t think it’s a good idea, don’t like it etc.

But then those people watch it and then guess what? AFL gets the ratings it wants and it’s back again next year. Don’t like AFLX. Don’t watch. If you’re that curious just watch highlights the next day.

Yessir

I get why they’re doing it - AFL is losing ground to soccer and I’m sure that’s at least in part due to the fact anyone can pick up a round ball and play five a side soccer at a moment’s notice. This is their answer.

If Bont played and did a knee I would burn down AFL house though.

Mate you can do whatever you like. But i just hope that this format is a colossal fail.

If I had to produce a shortened AFL then i would bring all 18 clubs to one stadium. Divide them into groups of six. Each team plays The other 5 teams in its group. Then a final four to compete for a trophy and cash prize. Cash is split evenly between clubs and players. One stipulation for clubs. You must have one of your top 5 paid players in your squad.

$500k for winner, $400k runner up, $250k for finalists. $75k for participating. Wouldn’t play on a rugby size field either. Have 10 players and go normal field. Enable clubs to select club legends if they wish.

To be honest I love the idea of AFLX. I want to be able to play AFLX in a suburban team.

However, I am not crazy about watching our players play it. Maybe it will become a winner, we shall see.

I get why they’re doing it - AFL is losing ground to soccer and I’m sure that’s at least in part due to the fact anyone can pick up a round ball and play five a side soccer at a moment’s notice. This is their answer.

If Bont played and did a knee I would burn down AFL house though.
Afl might be losing ground to soccer in terms of junior participation but a-League is struggling big time. That might have more to do with the FFA though.

I don’t think the AFL need to do this or should, but can kinda understand them trying to sell the game overseas. Really don’t like this format though.

They don't think it's a good idea. That doesn't mean their preconceived ideas are necessarily accurate. I would think people have a right to support their assertions through actual evidence rather than just sticking to them unconditionally.

How anybody could have a strong opinion on the entertainment value of AFLX without having seen a second of it is beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe i will have a look first and make up my own mind, i might
shoot Peter Gordon an e-mail and ask what i should have for
dinner tonight.

You can do as you please, but Peter Gordon is acting in the best interest of our CLUB and in particular our womens team.

Our club has invested massive resources in to our Womens team, it is in its infancy, and the AFL decides to pull reeources from its competiton, to put towards some crazy new concept. How about the AFL let AFLW have some free air space, without starting a new competition that is going to take the attention away from the women.

Peter Gordon has every right to be angry and I won't be wasting 1 minute on the game

I can't wait to watch melbourne go undefeated in stock, become bigheaded and even more entitled then turn to water in the regular season.

Same as essendon.

I’m not sure how so many people can dislike it before they’ve even seen it. You can get injured training and aflx is very similar to drills you do at training.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I really don't care wether it's a good product or not. I simply have no interest in watching another hybrid game.

They don't think it's a good idea. That doesn't mean their preconceived ideas are necessarily accurate. I would think people have a right to support their assertions through actual evidence rather than just sticking to them unconditionally.

How anybody could have a strong opinion on the entertainment value of AFLX without having seen a second of it is beyond me.
Each to their own Dan of many n’s. I just can’t support anything that doesn’t benefit our club at all (too different from regulation AFL to be of benefit to those who play it) and there’s no financial incentive in it for anyone. The only possible thing that can happen is players get injured.

If it doesn’t get ratings, I’m hoping AFL either change the way they do AFLX, or can it all together. And if I want to see how it works I’ll watch the highlights package.

Tbh like the bbl in cricket not my cup of tea.

However, as doggies players will be involved I will record the game to watch at a later datem

Would prefer this comp at a diffeent time of the year but if they can blend in with aflw i am ok with it.

Just do not play ANY of our best 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back