Opinion AFLX

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be interesting to see constable. I wanted Constable and Worpel over Anus and Petch. However from what we've seen i'm super, super impressed with petch. Not sure on Anus though, need to see him against men in the middle.
That's the thing. No chance any player is going to be selected on AFLX performance. Petr could have scored 10 zooper goals (kill me) In both games and still wouldn't have a chance of debuting round 1.

I am very concerned about us taking Anus over Worpel though. I hope he doesn't end up being Redden Mk2 - inside but not a bull.

Will be interesting to see constable. I wanted Constable and Worpel over Anus and Petch. However from what we've seen i'm super, super impressed with petch. Not sure on Anus though, need to see him against men in the middle.

You want to see Anus in the middle against men?o_O:huh: Really?

What would someone think coming onto our board and reading that?

I loved watching the kids yesterday! Gives me a lot of hope for the future.

have to say after watching today’s games that if they tweak the rules and cut out some of the s**t the game has potential to be half watchable ( The GF tonight was a little less bruise free and more watchable. I think they should award 7 points for outside 40 goals (10 is waaay too much) and do something to slow the game up after a goal is scored - It’s boring as s**t with no celebrations (partly commentary issue). Also it probably wouldn’t hurt to add a player or two to slightly increase the amount of contested possessions. Really there shouldn’t be much difference between AFL and AFL-X in terms of rules imo. I doubt that I’ll ever be a fan, however I’m just saying it from an international marketing point of view.

Bring on the jlt I’m Pumped for the real deal!

I think they should award 7 points for outside 40 goals

* that, get rid of the extra points from a long range idea altogether. Extra points for kicking outside a range that almost any player can reach with reasonable accuracy is stupid. Bring back the goal square and award 10 points for kicking a goal from there, that way we might actually get to see some good contested marking in the game and players trying to sell some candy to get away defenders protecting the goal square.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** that, get rid of the extra points from a long range idea altogether. Extra points for kicking outside a range that almost any player can reach with reasonable accuracy is stupid. Bring back the goal square and award 10 points for kicking a goal from there, that way we might actually get to see some good contested marking in the game and players trying to sell some candy to get away defenders protecting the goal square.
I think the reason it’s done like that is because it’s a good effort for amateurs especially those who are new to the game. I agree with your point (especially in a professional environment) but as it’s marketing for people who have never seen or played the sport to encourage them to emulate the rules I think 7 points is realistic. The problem is that a sport designed for amateurs isn’t appropriate for professionals to play

I am very concerned about us taking Anus over Worpel though. I hope he doesn't end up being Redden Mk2 - inside but not a bull.
Cant be bothered looking at the draft order but wasnt worpel taking long before brayshaw?
If it was out of those 2 I'd take worpel as well but not sure what your concerns are.petrucelle or ainsworth yes as they were taken before worpel

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watched the replay of the Crows game this morning.

You can’t take too much from these games but the lock down small defender role (Cole/ Nelson) still bothers me a bit.

Cole although under sized was a bit panicky when isolated and Nelson gave away an 11 pointer (rushed point and free kick from outside 50) with something that he probably would’ve been pinged for in a regular season game as well.

Rioli the most exciting thing to come from the first game and Petrucelle’s run was good, though got caught out trying to do to much a little bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back