AFLX

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the thinking here guys ? Why is the club wasting it's time on this garbage ?

Garbage how so? Personally I haven't seen it before but I'm quite intrigued for sure.

I used to play AFL 9's and didn't like the turn over ruling on a failed pass so I'm interested to see how this version works. It might be a better version that 7's and 9's?

Garbage how so? Personally I haven't seen it before but I'm quite intrigued for sure.

I used to play AFL 9's and didn't like the turn over ruling on a failed pass so I'm interested to see how this version works. It might be a better version that 7's and 9's?

Could be...I'm just fearing the massive melts when Pendles does his knee playing X..

Could be...I'm just fearing the massive melts when Pendles does his knee playing X..

Not really any different to running around in the pre-season having JLT games and such.... People who get caught up on that stuff need to get over it.

Not really any different to running around in the pre-season having JLT games and such.... People who get caught up on that stuff need to get over it.

I would argue that it is at least a little different.

JLT games are at least played on football grounds with football rules (the AFL's tinkering aside), allowing clubs to get some match fitness in, blood some kids in pseudo-match conditions, test out players in different positions and experiment with match day tactics.

So if a player is injured during a practice match or in training, it was as a direct result of legit preparation for the season proper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many of players?

X for ten?

Line up:

Defence: Oxley Mihocek, Aish

Mids: Lynch, Wills, Broomhead, Blair

Forwards: Crocker, Mayne, Sier

That will do

How many of players?

X for ten?

Line up:

Defence: Oxley Mihocek, Aish

Mids: Lynch, Wills, Broomhead, Blair

Forwards: Crocker, Mayne, Sier

That will do
7 on the field 3 on the bench.

Game 1:
Defence: Goldsack, Crisp
Mids: Varcoe, Hoskin-Elliott, Stephenson
Forwards: Cox, De Goey
Bench: Murphy, Mayne, Smith

Game 2:
Defence: Appleby, Murray
Mids: Treloar, Aish, Thomas
Forwards: Mihocek, Kirby
Bench: Tyler Brown, Broomhead, Oxley

The Grand Final team would mostly be those who played in the second game since its right before the Grand Final

Game 1:

Game 2:

The Grand Final team would mostly be those who played in the second game since its right before the Grand Final
Ta

I hope we dont invest to much time into it. Waste of time, similar to international rules - the second someone does a serious injury, questions will be asked.

It’s 2018.

(1) People have the attention span of a gnat.

Where was I?

Oh, yeah, people have shortened attention spans. They want to see quick results. Twenty20 is killing the 50 overs game (let alone test cricket). AFLX is an experiment to see if people will be more interested in a shortened format of the game. And if over time they are, and if they bring their $$$ with them, then sad to say that it would be time for us old dinosaurs to become extinct.

(2) AFLX offers a more accessible version of the game where folks can have a social run around after work - an alternative to touch rugby - it’s a battlefront in the war between the codes to win the hearts and minds (and $$$) of the public. What better way to promote it than to have AFL teams playing it? It provides legitimacy.

Whats the thinking here guys ? Why is the club wasting it's time on this garbage ?

Doubt the club has any choice. Be interesting to see what sort of teams we put out on the park. Hopefully we load up on kids.

Personally I'm not overly fussed about it, well until such time as a player gets hurt or someone like Kirby or Stephenson takes a game apart.

If they weren't playing AFLX there would have been another round of JLT scheduled anyway.

Why? Honestly why?
AFLX_infographic_v5.jpg

Its pretty much indoor footy outdoors.

Game 1:

Game 2:

Kirby would die if he had to play this, no where to hide your fitness in this version haha

Kirby would die if he had to play this, no where to hide your fitness in this version haha

Conversely, it could be good for him and provide him with some more entertaining running. Only 10 minute halves and 3x I/c options would seem to suit a burst athlete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back