AFLX

Remove this Banner Ad

So that was fun. My last 2 Lions games I've seen live have been Premiership wins. The twos and the X factor... all within 400 metres of each other. Maybe the Lions should fly me to all games now to keep the streak going!

Highlights for me... Robos match winning 10 pointer against the Tigers (Sorry but I can't bring myself to call them zoopers). Thought Corey Lyons was solid in his two games. Good showings from Bundy and Rich. Bailey did some great things for his first outing. Cutler may be another option up forward. Despite the attacking nature of the game, our defensive pressure won us the grand final. We must have racked up the most tackles for the night. Ran hard both ways. Good disposal and decision making all evening. Bring on the real thing... really looking forward to this season.

Dodongo couldn't watch the match as Dodongo HAD to take Mrs Dodongo out for the night. Dodongo had no choice in the matter. Dodongo has slept on the couch about 8 times in the last 3 weeks. Dodongo hates the couch. Dodongo thinks it is uncomfortable so Dodongo had to make it up to Mrs Dodongo tonight.

Mrs Dodongo knew Dodongo wanted to watch the match tonight so that is why Mrs Dodongo chose tonight as the night for Dodongo to take Mrs Dodongo out.

Dodongo is glad the boys won. Dodongo is excited for the season ahead.

Corey Lyons was solid in his two games.
Solid was a good description. I don't know if he'll crack the seniors long term but he seems like the type of player that will keep those on the fringe of the senior side honest - slack off and Corey comes in.

Cuts must have kicked close to 10 goals today. He's pretty accurate in front of the big sticks particularly from distance.
By my reckoning six: 3 ten pointers, and 3 normal goals. Think he only kicked points in the first game. Still a good effort especially against the Giants with 4 goals.

Solid was a good description. I don't know if he'll crack the seniors long term but he seems like the type of player that will keep those on the fringe of the senior side honest - slack off and Corey comes in.
He's a chance for mine. Players who have to work harder to make it are assets long term. His strength tonight was his running, but he also marks it well and hits targets. I'm a fan, backing him in to have a big year.

Dodongo is glad the boys won. Dodongo is excited for the season ahead.
Yeah let's all get excited. Jake Barrett didn't play, so at least you didn't miss that. Was a smart move by us to only take 12 players... good continuity out there and Lyons/Allison/Matho/Keays/Hinge and Bewick played 2 games each... the other 6 all 3.

Last edited:
He's a chance for mine. Players who have to work harder to make it are assets long term. His strength tonight was his running, but he also marks it well and hits targets. I'm a fan, backing him in to have a big year.

I just don't know if I see enough in Corey to make it long term considering the talent we've got coming through. Wish him the best though and back both he and the club to get the most out of him.

Anyone know where we can get replays of the games? Keen to watch a few of the boys do a training run.

Don't really care about the AFLX idea... saw some yesterday and Friday, and it just seems dull. It's NBA without the skill, and it's Gaelic Football without the tactics... And it's far worse than either... Not to mention that the "AFL is aerial ping-pong" trope is already fairly worn out, and this just proves it right.

Yeah let's all get excited. Jake Barrett didn't play, so at least you didn't miss that. Was a smart move by us to only take 12 players... good continuity out there and Lyons/Allison/Matho/Keays/Hinge and Bewick played 2 games each... the other 6 all 3.

I wonder if the guys we took were rewarded for good preseasons. The saints certainly (plus other clubs I believe) used aflx as a reward for the best off season performers, with the rest of the squad put through a gruelling training session instead

Anyone know where we can get replays of the games? Keen to watch a few of the boys do a training run.

Don't really care about the AFLX idea... saw some yesterday and Friday, and it just seems dull. It's NBA without the skill, and it's Gaelic Football without the tactics... And it's far worse than either... Not to mention that the "AFL is aerial ping-pong" trope is already fairly worn out, and this just proves it right.

It actually represents AFL training drills this time of year the most... as noted by loads of afl players and people interviewed during the series, and as predicted by a few here I believe. 2 things I paid attention to were contested ball and skills. There is a fair bit you can get out of these games once you get over the negative talk imo

Replay... mmm, I recorded it on fox. Perhaps keep and eye out on the afl website.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Browny has no idea what's going on, things have moved on a very long way since he left....thank Christ.

I'll forgive Browny one day for saying Lions should offer 700k/5 year deal to Schache.

Winning NEAFL now AFLX is really good. It becomes a habit.
Rich not a defender - panicks and gives away frees. Play him midfield.
Keayes - no outstanding attribute and is slow.
Bailey - promising but would really benefit by year in NEAFL to develop.
Robbo and Bundy - we really missed them last year!
Cutler - this is his year!
Matho - you can see is way fitter.
Allison - I think will make it but needs time.
Hinge - worth persevering with.
Lyons - I have doubts.
Bell and Bewick - final year. We are past having these types on our list.

From what I saw, Bailey looks likely type. Has that run and carry dash.
Debut this year and few games in 1s.

From what I saw, Bailey looks likely type. Has that run and carry dash.
Debut this year and few games in 1s.

The thing I love most is not only does he have elite speed and a great kick, he is a very inside player. Speed + inside is a dangerous combo.

Fagan gave Cory a huge boost the other day,particularly his footy intelligence, and contributions in strategic planning, saying he was a leader,and highly respected by the coaches.He knows where the goals are,and I'd say he is a very professional player,unlke a few of his older mates.Could play a number of roles,and is therefore valuable.I think he is a definite asset.

Even though it was a Mickey Mouse concept still good to get three wins on the board. Every little bit helps when building confidence/momentum around the club.

What we wouldn't give to have Christensen play 22 games this year. Forward pressure and he knows how to win the ball. Bell and Bewick won't get a run this year unless injuries are a factor. Bell still has no idea how to tackle properly and still wants to sit behind a contest and hope it falls out his way. He needs to improve that part of his game big time.

Zac Bailey is one to watch for the future - great pace and tough. A year in the NEAFL won't harm him and maybe a few league games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back