Analysis AFLX

Do you Want Collingwood Players in the AFL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can see AFLX getting the ass next year and then the footage of these games being fodder for sports entertainment shows the ilk of the Front Bar to take the piss out of in about ten years; like the footage of Buddha Hocking slipping over and Sticks Kernahan singing ‘Stand by Your Man.’

And so it should be cos it is actually a joke.

Can see AFLX getting the ass next year and then the footage of these games being fodder for sports entertainment shows the ilk of the Front Bar to take the piss out of in about ten years; like the footage of Buddha Hocking slipping over and Sticks Kernahan singing ‘Stand by Your Man.’

And so it should be cos it is actually a joke.
Everyone can only hope. This will go down in history as just pure embarrassment.

Just do state of origin ffs.

100% waste of time - they should be pulling out. This format is perfect for 1st / 2nd year players only.

My Dad 100% Agree's with you DogCoffee saying it just be for the Kids in there 1st 2-3 Seasons should be in it

Everyone can only hope. This will go down in history as just pure embarrassment.

Just do state of origin ffs.

Love state of orgion but Clubs would not like it.

Should make Season longer so each team plays each other twice and making a Fair Fixture

Thank you Danger.
Apparantly AFLX isn’t aimed at me, and by me I assume he is talking about 80 percent of AFL followers.
No, it’s not for me according to Mr Danger.
This competition is all about the youth of today and tomorrow. You know, the kids who have to get their discretionary dollars off, well I assume they get them off people who AFLX isn’t aimed at.
That’s a great business plan.

Should make Season longer so each team plays each other twice and making a Fair Fixture
To do that would require the game to be wound back in terms of time.
Quarters would become 15 minutes. Maybe no time on. In fact maybe the AFLPA would push for two halves of 20 minutes each.
All of a sudden.......AFLX!!

Thank you Danger.
Apparantly AFLX isn’t aimed at me, and by me I assume he is talking about 80 percent of AFL followers.
No, it’s not for me according to Mr Danger.
This competition is all about the youth of today and tomorrow. You know, the kids who have to get their discretionary dollars off, well I assume they get them off people who AFLX isn’t aimed at.
That’s a great business plan.

and Have Attention Span of a Nat.

Sad to know the Footy is Heading that way

I don’t think it’s the clubs personally. If it was put to them at the right time of the year I think they would jump at it.

I’m also for not having more games. The season is long enough as is Imo. It either should stay the same or play everyone once and roatate H&W games each year. That way you can have a SOO series.

Clubs certainly wouldn't like State of Origin; if there was a SoO game on tomorrow night we'd have had heaps of star players pulling out with "injuries", just like used to happen with those games back when they were last played, and just like has happened with AFLX. Maybe once in a while they'll play a State of Origin game in the future, but there is just no need for it these days.

If we had a fixture with teams playing each other twice that would require at least 34 weeks for the H&A games (plus a couple more weeks for byes), plus 4 weeks for the finals, so 40 weeks. That's a very large chunk of the year! It's just not possible because you can't get access to the likes of the MCG, SCG and Adelaide Oval for that long. Besides that, with the game being so taxing on players these days, there'd be lucky to be anyone left standing come Grand Final day, if the season went for 40 weeks! Our game just isn't like soccer and basketball, where players can easily play a couple of games in a week.

I don’t think it’s the clubs personally. If it was put to them at the right time of the year I think they would jump at it.

I’m also for not having more games. The season is long enough as is Imo. It either should stay the same or play everyone once and roatate H&W games each year. That way you can have a SOO series.

Will people be even Intrested in SOO with the National Comp?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs certainly wouldn't like State of Origin; if there was a SoO game on tomorrow night we'd have had heaps of star players pulling out with "injuries", just like used to happen with those games back when they were last played, and just like has happened with AFLX. Maybe once in a while they'll play a State of Origin game in the future, but there is just no need for it these days.

If we had a fixture with teams playing each other twice that would require at least 34 weeks for the H&A games (plus a couple more weeks for byes), plus 4 weeks for the finals, so 40 weeks. That's a very large chunk of the year! It's just not possible because you can't get access to the likes of the MCG, SCG and Adelaide Oval for that long. Besides that, with the game being so taxing on players these days, there'd be lucky to be anyone left standing come Grand Final day, if the season went for 40 weeks! Our game just isn't like soccer and basketball, where players can easily play a couple of games in a week.

Should the Shorten the Season but have Longer Bye's Then?

Should the Shorten the Season but have Longer Bye's Then?
I don't think there's any way the season will be shortened because television really helps pay for the game, and if there's less games played they'll want to hand over a lot less money.

I wish the season could go for a bit longer (waiting through this very boring summer of cricket has been painful) but that is not at all likely to change too much, and I think it's reasonable enough the way it is.

I have no interest at all in AFLX and probably won't even bother watching any of it. I still don't get all of the angst that it seems to be causing. To me it's similar to Big Bash cricket - aimed not at serious supporters/grown-ups but at 10-year-old kids. Fortunately, it doesn't go for two months like that rubbish version of cricket does! It's over and done with in just one night. Those who aren't interested can simply ignore it, but it's hardly the end of the world that they're trying this in the hope of wooing young kids who currently don't follow the sport.

I have no interest at all in AFLX and probably won't even bother watching any of it. I still don't get all of the angst that it seems to be causing. To me it's similar to Big Bash cricket - aimed not at serious supporters/grown-ups but at 10-year-old kids. Fortunately, it doesn't go for two months like that rubbish version of cricket does! It's over and done with in just one night. Those who aren't interested can simply ignore it, but it's hardly the end of the world that they're trying this in the hope of wooing young kids who currently don't follow the sport.
There was an news item on Ch7 tonight bemoaning the country clubs and lack of investment in those areas whilst spending money on this.

I would rather my money (AFL member) be spent in those areas, think those kids in country towns would benefit much more than watching a mickey mouse game on TV.

There was an news item on Ch7 tonight bemoaning the country clubs and lack of investment in those areas whilst spending money on this.

I would rather my money (AFL member) be spent in those areas, think those kids in country towns would benefit much more than watching a mickey mouse game on TV.

But not money for the AFL helping Country Footy when they can put AFLX and Get Sponsership Money from it

I think he means vic,wa,sa,etc instead of flyers, bolts etc

That would be an insult to SoO though, I'd rather not tarnish the State of Origin brand with a meaningless preseason run around.

It's a 1 night exhibition match to show AFL can be played on a rectangle ground, don't over think it.

Back