AFP Raids on News journo and the ABC offices

Remove this Banner Ad

They're not our masters and shouldn't be referred to that way.

No government is our master. We aren't slaves.
Yes you/we are. You keep believing you’re free but you ain’t. Look at all the surveillance cameras and micromanagement of our lives and then tell me we are free. Most jobs are a form of slavery as well. Try and avoid tax then if you thing that the government isn’t your master.

Yes you/we are. You keep believing you’re free but you ain’t. Look at all the surveillance cameras and micromanagement of our lives and then tell me we are free. Most jobs are a form of slavery as well. Try and avoid tax then if you thing that the government isn’t your master.

I really can't comment on this post.

Ok...

There isn't a surveillance within cooee of me but of course I pay my taxes.

Last year, in the wake of the raids, Australia dropped two places in the World Press Freedom Index, ranking just 21st out of 177 nations who participate. At the time, it was noted that our investigative journalism had been reduced due to “draconian legislation”.

There needs a thorough independent investigation into the AFP. This is just not good enough.

BCBD0zL.jpg

The ABC won't let the allegations of ADF murders of civilians go:

A former SAS soldier told Four Corners he witnessed three incidents involving what he said was the murder of Afghans.

“You can’t shoot unarmed people and not call that murder,” he said.

The SAS veteran said some of his former colleagues should face charges.

“I think certain people will go to jail,” he said.

“If they go to a criminal trial, I do believe they’ll be found guilty.”

Good on them.

Cue ANOTHER round of cuts
Time to make it a subscription service! Why should every Australian be slugged to have the piece of garbage continue on!

tell every Australian, how racist, homophobic, islamaphobic, climate deniers and all around evil people we are, but at the same we need your money!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to make it a subscription service! Why should every Australian be slugged to have the piece of garbage continue on!

tell every Australian, how racist, homophobic, islamaphobic, climate deniers and all around evil people we are, but at the same we need your money!
Two things.

First, the ABC is not the BBC; conflating the two is extremely silly. The BBC actually possess enough funding to do an incredible amount of investigative journalism, where the ABC have been forced to make do with a pittance considering how much they are apportioned in budgetary amounts.

Secondly, you (like so many people who have swallowed the anti ABC rhetoric that is plentiful on the right, mainly due to decades of Newscorp smears) fail to recognise the good that the ABC does in addition to their political reporting. They cultivate Australian born music; they celebrate local news in radio form; they create education content; they celebrate Australian achievements; they report on sport no-one else will; they provide bushfire information; they broadcast to the entirety of the Australian landmass; they provide the journalistic basis for most newsrooms in the country.

I get that you don't like them (for whatever reason) but the part of it you don't like is only a small part of what they do, even after years of defunding and tampering by successive Coalition governments determined to run it into the ground. The ABC represents a huge subset of Australia that adhere to no demographic or socioeconomic class; there is a reason the Coalition haven't (despite being in power for two thirds of the last 30 years) done much more than attempt to stack it with their own people and withdraw steadily more funding.

The ABC is trusted, and immensely popular; less now than 5 years ago, perhaps.

Two things.

First, the ABC is not the BBC; conflating the two is extremely silly. The BBC actually possess enough funding to do an incredible amount of investigative journalism, where the ABC have been forced to make do with a pittance considering how much they are apportioned in budgetary amounts.

Secondly, you (like so many people who have swallowed the anti ABC rhetoric that is plentiful on the right, mainly due to decades of Newscorp smears) fail to recognise the good that the ABC does in addition to their political reporting. They cultivate Australian born music; they celebrate local news in radio form; they create education content; they celebrate Australian achievements; they report on sport no-one else will; they provide bushfire information; they broadcast to the entirety of the Australian landmass; they provide the journalistic basis for most newsrooms in the country.

I get that you don't like them (for whatever reason) but the part of it you don't like is only a small part of what they do, even after years of defunding and tampering by successive Coalition governments determined to run it into the ground. The ABC represents a huge subset of Australia that adhere to no demographic or socioeconomic class; there is a reason the Coalition haven't (despite being in power for two thirds of the last 30 years) done much more than attempt to stack it with their own people and withdraw steadily more funding.

As with many government services at the moment, we are relearning the value of them. I wonder if Stuart Robert still thinks that Services Australia or whatever they're calling it at the moment don't owe a duty of care to the unwaged?

That eyeroll reaction is lonnnnnng overdue here Chief

:rolleyes:

If you don't like the ABC , don't pay your taxes

Two things.

The abc receives over a billion a year and around half of that goes staff salaries

in an age of dwindling advertising dollars thanks to globalisation where broadcasting networks are all fighting survivel!

the glory days of abc being most trusted is long gone and Now constant a self entitled leftist loon show!

The part where they recently went to Canberra to beg for more money and still refuse to open their books to show any form of accountability for their expenditures, something that all other government departments must do, where as the abc are excluded from this!

why should the tax payer have to forced to pay for such crap of something that is UnAustralian

Seriously , what do you fu**en add here ?

You only pop in once a week to act the smarmy campaigner and then fu** off again.

Defending a 1-trick pony who's only here to fling s**t - great look that leb :drunk:
ignore-lebbo.jpg

How ironic that my good bro Crow is lecturing others about whinging. He needs me off ignore otherwise he would miss me.
Calling the govt out when it does something s**t - whinging

Jesus no wonder this board just goes around in circles

As long as you remember this and apply the same standards to a Federal Labor government when they win in 2025 or 2028. 😉
No other campaigner has here since 2014 so why should i ?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back