After all your crazy recruiting over the off-season...

Remove this Banner Ad

A combination of Eagles getting easy away games and playing the stronger sides at home has definitely helped thus far.
Come sunday I believe freo will once again be crowned the best side.

Originally posted by sabre_ac
A combination of Eagles getting easy away games and playing the stronger sides at home has definitely helped thus far.
Come sunday I believe freo will once again be crowned the best side.

Excuses excuses.....

Come Sunday and the shockers will be having an early training session for a woeful performance the day before...;)

What will the eagles be after steroids, macintosser and cement head retire? Spineless that's what!

Quality talls are hard to find and the recruiting of Croad and McPharlin will pay off. Freo will have the Superspine and will have built a team ready to win the flag and you will still be saying " we finished above you in this year and that year."

It will all mean nothing when in 2004 the old Freo Dockers return to perth with the Premiership cup. Without having a state team and priority picks up until 92 and without going bankrupt and needing help from the state government. All the while we will still be paying for half of the eagles homeground facilities, whilst paying for our own.

Fremantle will be really really good in the near future. Now where have I heard that before?

That's right up there with your best.

I can only imagine how high up the ladder we'd be if we'd won more than one of those "easy" away games.

You mean like Fremantle playing and beating Essendon, Melbourne and Collingwood at home - three teams it is doubtful that you would beat away??

Originally posted by Macca19

You mean like Fremantle playing and beating Essendon, Melbourne and Collingwood at home - three teams it is doubtful that you would beat away??

Must be bored for a Port supporter to be posting on Freo's board. Isn't being top of the ladder and giving us a belting enough?;)

Anyone who wouldn't say that wet toast should be favourites this Saturday would be crazy.

Anyone that says Freo isn't in its strongest position regarding it's playing list and will only get better is also crazy.

hey Browny your record seems to be stuck on the same track.
same old arguments same old excuses.

freo will NEVER get respect by having potential for the future and their supporters calling opposition players witty (and i use this in the loosest of terms) names.

win games and play hard like you did at the start of the year and the football world will respect you.

Originally posted by eagleskickass

personally i think this explains how i feel.
Show us, then u will get my respect, as yet it is the same old "we will win the prem in (insert year here) with our team of future superstars.

I think we might be all getting a bit carried away with what the media says.

Remember back to the start of the season and most supporters of the Dockers were aiming for around 8 wins and a general improvement overall. The Eagles supporters were mostly saying around 10 wins and maybe (if all went well) a lower finals berth.

What has happened at the moment is that the Eagles have exceeded expectations and the Dockers are about where our pre season predictions had them.

The media are now pushing for the Eagles to get a final 4 spot and starting to infer that the Dockers have not reached their goals.

I see what you're saying EK, the Dockers are on the road to respectability, from the above summation I feel they are getting their, unfortunately the media can blind us to where our goals are.

All the best for a good hard game, and let's hope the umps let it flow and don't pay soft frees in the forward 50 (that aren't paid elsewhere).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by masai
All the best for a good hard game, and let's hope the umps let it flow and don't pay soft frees in the forward 50 (that aren't paid elsewhere).

I'll echo that. Here's hoping the weather is fine and we see a classy display of footy from both sides. Given where both teams are this season, I have a hunch this might be one of the best derbies of all time

Originally posted by Browny 3:16
What will the eagles be after steroids, macintosser and cement head retire? Spineless that's what!

Quality talls are hard to find and the recruiting of Croad and McPharlin will pay off. Freo will have the Superspine and will have built a team ready to win the flag and you will still be saying " we finished above you in this year and that year."

It will all mean nothing when in 2004 the old Freo Dockers return to perth with the Premiership cup. Without having a state team and priority picks up until 92 and without going bankrupt and needing help from the state government. All the while we will still be paying for half of the eagles homeground facilities, whilst paying for our own.

The Eagles are propping up the whole WA footy community financially, as they have been since soon after their inception. This seems a very strange line of argument from a Dockers fan

Originally posted by larrikin

Huh?

The Eagles are propping up the whole WA footy community financially, as they have been since soon after their inception. This seems a very strange line of argument from a Dockers fan

Let me guess...you jumped on the bandwagon in the early 90's?

Cos you obviously couldn't have been paying much attention in their first 3 or 4 years of existence. They were on the brink of collapse at the end of 89.

Originally posted by funky_monk
Must be bored for a Port supporter to be posting on Freo's board. Isn't being top of the ladder and giving us a belting enough?;)
Nah :D

Originally posted by masai

I think we might be all getting a bit carried away with what the media says.

Remember back to the start of the season and most supporters of the Dockers were aiming for around 8 wins and a general improvement overall. The Eagles supporters were mostly saying around 10 wins and maybe (if all went well) a lower finals berth.

What has happened at the moment is that the Eagles have exceeded expectations and the Dockers are about where our pre season predictions had them.

The media are now pushing for the Eagles to get a final 4 spot and starting to infer that the Dockers have not reached their goals.

I see what you're saying EK, the Dockers are on the road to respectability, from the above summation I feel they are getting their, unfortunately the media can blind us to where our goals are.

I like this person
Thankyou for your level headed comments

Yes i agree Freo are around about where they wanted to be, and west coast are ahead of expectations. The dockers ARE on the right track, its just so many supporters are ALWAYS talking about how next year will be the year, then next year comes and goes and it is the same thing.
Freo are on the right track, its more the supporters i have norespect for, except a few such as now yourself.

Originally posted by Rob

Let me guess...you jumped on the bandwagon in the early 90's?

Cos you obviously couldn't have been paying much attention in their first 3 or 4 years of existence. They were on the brink of collapse at the end of 89.
Yeah but at least after 5 years the Eagles were making a substancial profit. What was the debt for the Dockers last year (in their 7th year in the comp). The revenue the Eagles have given the WAFC is the only reason the WAFL still exists, and how the WAFC afforded to get the Dockers up and running. the debts the Dockers have suffered over the past 8 years couldn't have been afforded without the Eagles making a profit.

And no I didn't jump on the bandwagon in the early 90's, I have supported the Eagles since day 1 and will continue to do so.

Oh, BTW, well played today.

Originally posted by Goldenblue

Excuses excuses.....

Come Sunday and the shockers will be having an early training session for a woeful performance the day before...;)

i think you put the wrong name in there it should have been "come sunday the weagles will be having an early training session for a good but not good enough performance the night before...;)"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back