Autopsy After R4 embarrassing loss, is 2019 already over?

Remove this Banner Ad

What worries many of us is, it may not happen next year either.

I really think we have to get rid of both Koch and Hinkley.
His contract runs out in 2021, so I think he'll survive to the end of next year. The dumbest decision the club's ever made.

As for Hinkley everyone can see we aren’t going anywhere with him. Fans had a brief ray of hope that the new rules and new assistants would force a structure and gameplan that stopped his worst tendencies, but it only took to round 3 to disabuse us of that.

We can’t sack him, but does his contract say he must have the title of senior coach? If not then tell him they are making Schofield coach and he can either be relegated to a desk coach as ‘Director of coaching’ with everyone in the industry knowing he was shoved aside and will struggle to get another job or come to terms with a partial payout and say ‘He was burned out and needs a year off, sorry he has to step away’ and everyone can cry crocodile tears. Less money straight up, but more over the long haul by not being mud across the AFL.

Honestly doesn’t matter if we make the 8 or Finish bottom from here. Not gonna make a difference and every season is over until Hinkley is gone.

Sadly by the time he is gone, Westhoff, Gray, Ryder and Boak will probably be done.

Robbie, Arguably our best ever AFL player will be without a premiership because of this clowns coaching.

Last edited:
How many years of practise do we need not to bomb it long into F50 against Richmond when we control the ball?

Answer me that Ken.
At least not when we refuse to select tall forwards.

If we had someone there to bring it to ground Butters and Gray and Motlop mightbhave kicked a goal.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How many intercept marks did Grimes have in D50 in the last quarter? Five, six?

How many years does Ken need to correct this?

Mate, you might be friendly and stuff, but you can’t coach. Piss off.
If Grimes does that to us, just imagine what McGoverns gonna do next week. Can see him breaking the record for defensive marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man I was so excited when we hired Bassett. I thought he would bring the footballing nous and the discipline back to Port and fix the defence. How silly was I!

He taught us how to defend as a team like he did successfully at Norwood. We really don't have defenders that are great 1-1 so we need to cover them.

We've now moved him to the forward line, an area he failed at with Essendon and was not good at with his SANFL flags, winning by strangling the life out of the game.

I reckon if we moved him back to team defence with Schofield in the mids, we'd have a decent, counter attacking team.

Right now we've got a forward line that kind of defends ok but most of our scores come from resting rucks and mids...what about our actual forwards?

I knew the result last week. I knew the result all this week. I new the result 5 minutes into the game. And I knew the result with 3 minutes to go.

Not once did I actually think we would win. This club is rotten.

I emotionally checked out after Lynch was given a 50 for Houston running over the mark even though he'd very clearly played on. Could've written the script for the game myself at that point and it would've been dead on.

Sidenote, since moving to the Tigers the level to which Tom Lynch is looked after by the umpires makes Joel Selwood look like Dan Hannebery in the 2016 GF. And that goes for every other game he's played for the Tigers too, not just tonight. If Warren Tredrea got Lynch's umpiring he'd have broken Tony Lockett's record.

Sadly by the time he is gone, Westhoff, Gray, Ryder and Boak will probably be done.

Robbie, Arguably our best ever AFL player will be const a premiership because of this clowns coaching.

Robbie should move on next year and finish his career at a club contesting the flag

For a lot of the last quarter our forward 50 had about 32 players in it..and we bombed it long and Richmond got it back and slingshotted is the other way...we need more precise kickers if you’re an average kick you should never be selected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back