Autopsy After R4 embarrassing loss, is 2019 already over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Too early to get the Graham Bonnet video out, but a few more BS performances like that and I will.

If we lose to the saints, it might be time by then - the words align.

It’s not over but unless Ken pulls his head out of his arse, it will be.

This is the week he needs to respond at the selection table. If he doesn’t make a host of changes - at least three - after that horrible lacklustre s**t, we are going to meander towards another crap finish.

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Classic bigfooty, a couple of close losses and its time to pack it in.

Don’t make any big life choices at this time folks.

Aus Power

Debutant
Apr 13, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
if he is costing us in excess of a Mil in membership revenue maybe be just as expensive not paying him out.

May be the last chance with Ryder, Westhoff, Gray and Boak.
Sadly, I think this year was our final shot.

Aus Power

Debutant
Apr 13, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Classic bigfooty, a couple of close losses and its time to pack it in.

Don’t make any big life choices at this time folks.
Did you say the same thing in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018? None of this is new. None of us went in with full confidence knowing we would beat Richmond yesterday. And none of us are surprised we lost. Ken Hinkley is a shockingly bad coach.

Kiss from a Rozee

Goddess
Bring Back the Bars
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Did you say the same thing in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018? None of this is new. None of us went in with full confidence knowing we would beat Richmond yesterday. And none of us are surprised we lost. Ken Hinkley is a shockingly bad coach.
I just treat it the same way the club should, one game and one season at a time.

If the club packed it up after 4 games I’d be pretty ******* disappointed in them so no reason to give up while there is still a premiership for the taking in 2019.

I’m disappointed with the results against Brisbane and Richmond, and I’m pretty pissed off we brought Wines in too early, brought Sam Gray and Howard in, and didn’t drop Bonner after a poor start to the year.

Not much can be done about it now though, and giving up when we are still in the game just isn’t my style.

Win or lose you’re in it until the final siren.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be truthful, I gave up on this team achieving anything after the McGovern meme game last year. That game showed that we are not a serious football team and that we will never learn from our mistakes or grow into the team that we hoped to become.

My expectation heading into this season was 6 wins. I allowed myself a brief moment of optimism post round one but the past three weeks have confirmed that nothing has changed, it's the same s**t as previous years just with a worse list (no Polec, no Wingard, Ryder/Boak/Gray/Westhoff all a year older). If your expectations are for anything greater than 6-8 wins, you are in for serious disappointment as the season progresses.

Robbie4PM

All Australian
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think 10-14th was about where we should have expected at the start of the year and it's probably where we still stand. I think people got a bit excited because we beat a Melbourne team who were clearly not ready to play. Really weren't convincing against Carlton at home who are gonna be the spooners. Our best performance was probably last week against the Lions. I think everyone needs to be more realistic about where we are at.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
10-14 is realistic under this list with this coach. We’ve seen enough of how we go the rare times we play to a proper structure and a team not confused by an inept coach to know, even with a bunch of young players who’ll be inconsistent we should be a 6-10 team.

For the Hinkley fans point us to a side that is further from the team being better then the sum of its parts then Port. Plenty of shittier lists, but none that fail to play to their realistic potential more often from 2015 onwards.

After 4 rounds, the maximum amount of points a team is on is 12. We are on 8.

That means everyone is in the same position as us.

“At least Viper got Iceman before he got us. We’ve still got a shot at it.”

WHOME

Club Legend
May 18, 2007
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
We're rubbish, no finals for us, keep turning over the playing list while the real reason for the steaming pile we've served up for the past 4+ years keeps his job. I just laugh these days so I don't cry.

On HTC Desire 650 using BigFooty.com mobile app

portforever

Draftee
Feb 16, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2020 is over too.
Our list will need time to rebuild as the older players retire and the young list finds it feet, so 2022 may be the time when a new coach is in control and we can begin to shine. This year maybe 8 wins, next year less I predict.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
After 4 rounds, the maximum amount of points a team is on is 12. We are on 8.

That means everyone is in the same position as us.

“At least Viper got Iceman before he got us. We’ve still got a shot at it.”
See how the Cows draw opens right up for them, then look at ours, we will be in the bottom 5 very soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back