Autopsy After R4 embarrassing loss, is 2019 already over?

Remove this Banner Ad

See how the Cows draw opens right up for them, then look at ours, we will be in the bottom 5 very soon.

The Adelaide team that just lost to North Melbourne? After losing to Hawthorn, who lost to St Kilda, the Bulldogs and should have lost to North as well?

They are in a worse position than us.

Our list will need time to rebuild as the older players retire and the young list finds it feet, so 2022 may be the time when a new coach is in control and we can begin to shine. This year maybe 8 wins, next year less I predict.

You nailed it. The worry is that Ken is unlikely to show the same willingness to rebuild.

For example, what did Farrell not show late last year that has suddenly made Ken want to play old mate Spray ahead of him again (not a great example a week after Spray kicks 3, but I am sure you know what I mean).

Ladies and gentlemen I present exhibit a. Hinkley and co. have worked the masses beautifully. Play the kids and lower expectations because last season showed how we handle expectation. The guy is a fraud.
Our list will need time to rebuild as the older players retire and the young list finds it feet, so 2022 may be the time when a new coach is in control and we can begin to shine. This year maybe 8 wins, next year less I predict.

On HTC Desire 650 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Adelaide team that just lost to North Melbourne? After losing to Hawthorn, who lost to St Kilda, the Bulldogs and should have lost to North as well?

They are in a worse position than us.
Couldn't kick 60 points against the 2nd worst defensive side in the league. They're in trouble.

See how the Cows draw opens right up for them, then look at ours, we will be in the bottom 5 very soon.
We play against North, Suns, West Lakes, and Saints in the next 7 rounds.

Round 1 was a good win, Melbourne were probably ripe for the picking that day but take out the first quarter and it was a pretty good performance from a side featuring so many new names. However, the last 3 weeks have been complete garbage. the win against Carlton was frightening in how much it resembled last years win against them, a massive paper over the cracks win.

And then there was Brisbane, this one still gets me riled, Essendon have showed that Brisbane are still an average footy team and we made them look like world beaters. So much so we had board members on social media praising our insipid performance against them. Yeah like getting within 3 goals of a side that has occupied the bottom 4 for the last 5 years is such an inspirational achievement. We should've all know then that this club stinks from top to bottom. Maybe it is only a small sample of supporters that actually get annoyed still from close losses, but even this last group is starting to give up and accept the mediocrity that the club is feeding down our throats.

What happened against Richmond was probably always going to happen, couldn't understand why anyone was confident going in to that match. And all of us knew halfway through the second we were going to get done in another close hinkley loss.

Not to bad but we just played an under maned Richmond at AO and Brisbane that have been in a dark place since 2004 and lost both. Not confident at all.
But that doesn't mean our schedule is bad. We are. That's another matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But that doesn't mean our schedule is bad. We are. That's another matter.
We have changeed half a squad many assistant coaches, every one has gotten on board with membership and game attendances but ken still fails, mainly in selections and game day tactics, last year he cost us finals with a terrible game plan and the non selection of a ruck man.
Do you think that Dixon should be at the games supporting his team mates like other clubs, or interstate drag racing his monaro. Should Wines have stopped his pass time sport when the players were officially back at training?
All these little things breed the wrong culture in a club. Ken, Koch & KT are all responsible for the slackness we see on and off the field but as paying members we are supposed to just suck it hand over your cash and watch the once respected footy club sink.

The way I'm seeing the competition at the moment, there's a bunch of teams that look good and a bunch of teams that look dodgy. Those two groups will become more defined in the coming weeks. We're in the dodgy group. The only question is whether we end up being the average sort of dodgy (ie 8-11 wins type team) or the dodgy sort of dodgy (ie 4-6 wins type team). It could easily be the latter and people need to be prepared for that.

After 4 rounds, the maximum amount of points a team is on is 12. We are on 8.

That means everyone is in the same position as us.

“At least Viper got Iceman before he got us. We’ve still got a shot at it.”

2018 version: After 16 rounds, the maximum amount of points a team is on is 48. We are on 44...

It took just 2 rounds for Ken to dump our only KPF for Sam Gray. And here we are losing games in the exact same fashion as in 2018 and 2017. We're not making finals on this trajectory. On the plus side, there is plenty of time to catapult Ken back to QLD and correct course.

2018 version: After 16 rounds, the maximum amount of points a team is on is 48. We are on 44...

It took just 2 rounds for Ken to dump our only KPF for Sam Gray. And here we are losing games in the exact same fashion as in 2018 and 2017. We're not making finals on this trajectory. On the plus side, there is plenty of time to catapult Ken back to QLD and correct course.
Sorry that I could only like this post once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back