After the Bye

Remove this Banner Ad

We played like a team that played interstate last week and is in need of the bye. Charge the batteries and unleash on the second half. Our best is the best in it. We just need to be doing that in 3 months hopefully.
Just to let you know mate, I have always appreciated your posts. They give me a good giggle. Doesn't your missus barrack for someone else? Mine is Geelong. Not serious about it, but her and her crew were real bandwagoners last year :drunk:

Just to let you know mate, I have always appreciated your posts. They give me a good giggle. Doesn't your missus barrack for someone else? Mine is Geelong. Not serious about it, but her and her crew were real bandwagoners last year :drunk:
My missus goes for Adelaide. Therefore after Mum and Dad my kids first words were Crows Suck. This has caused me much amusement over the journey

Players have come back after snapping both bones in the lower leg(Nathan Brown, Tim Broomhead, Gary Rohan), so I don't see why not. Maybe age might make it more difficult?
Nah. Just the severity of it is all.

I reckon when Fly put this year's game plan in action pre season, the whole football department would have been aware that sides were going to eventually play better against us as the season goes on. I don't think Fly has shown his full hand yet and by the end of the season we'll still finish top. Put JDG, Sidey, Elliott Howe and McStay in and we are going to be hard to beat

I think the one above all that could stand up if fit is Freddy K!

I think Howey said its not the actual bone break, which is fine now, its the nerve endings and stuff in his arm and hands thats taken the longest to heal
Sounds like he's sustained a lot of damage. Not sure if his arm will cope with the rigours of AFL footy again this year. Happy to be wrong though.

I think Howey said its not the actual bone break, which is fine now, its the nerve endings and stuff in his arm and hands thats taken the longest to heal
That's what I was worried about.
A huge injury anyway anyone wants to look at it.
Wish him well

Felt like yesterday was the end of the honeymoon period. Fly is a positive bloke, but the air was sucked right out of the balloon. I’m old enough to have seen an era of post bye collapses worse than the Aussie cricket team serves up these days. Very much hope I am wrong. Devastated, and still two weeks to stew on it. Was going to go to the crows game, but not sure if I can stomach it.
Jesus, we're 11-2 and playing without 6 of our best 23, which we'll steadily get back in the coming weeks.
Reckon we'll start to flex some real muscle in the 2nd half of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We
Reading all the bullshit opinions of people writing us off on Twitter etc… I can’t wait to win the flag this year. I’m going to have so much ******* swagger.
We went down by a small margin to an almost full strength genuine contender without four of arguably our top 10 players on the sidelines. You could make that 5 out of ten if you put Howe in that list.
I’m comfortable with that loss.

Jesus, we're 11-2 and playing without 6 of our best 23, which we'll steadily get back in the coming weeks.
Reckon we'll start to flex some real muscle in the 2nd half of the season.
Thanks for letting me know my son.

I thought it was last years match v dogs was the end of the honey moon.

Like i think we are the real deal now and we are not even in a honey moon.

its like we are just good thats all

The next 4 games will determine us finishing top 2

Adelaide ( should win easily)

Gold Coast ( tough one and could trip us up, another GF game for the opposition)

Bulldogs ( almost a bogey team at Marvel )

Fremantle ( like final last year should win easily )

Felt like yesterday was the end of the honeymoon period. Fly is a positive bloke, but the air was sucked right out of the balloon. I’m old enough to have seen an era of post bye collapses worse than the Aussie cricket team serves up these days. Very much hope I am wrong. Devastated, and still two weeks to stew on it. Was going to go to the crows game, but not sure if I can stomach it.

This is something I’d have written when I was 8 and every time we lost I’d think the world was ending. 😂

The next 4 games will determine us finishing top 2

Adelaide ( should win easily)

Gold Coast ( tough one and could trip us up, another GF game for the opposition)

Bulldogs ( almost a bogey team at Marvel )

Fremantle ( like final last year should win easily )

By the time we play the Bulldogs we should have everyone back except Sidebottom… barring of course new injuries or new suspensions. If we’re any bloody good, we should win. Same with Fremantle.

The Gold Coast match we should probably go in as underdogs. That looks tough, especially given how fumbly we looked playing Brisbane at the Gabba.

This is something I’d have written when I was 8 and every time we lost I’d think the world was ending. 😂
Far out….you didn’t want to know me when we lost to the dockers in Perth when I was 10. I cried for TWO days. Then, we made a grand final anyway. Dockers weren’t the 2001 cellar dwellers, and we NEVER won in Perth. Once since 1992 at that point. I know what I said was childish, but I guess winning so often, and swallowing the koolaid, I reckon I expected to run over the top of Melbourne sans Oliver. We didn’t have rusty, JDG, Ginny, and the Daicioi and Coxy had the flu. In the end, we were unlucky not to win, because they SHOULD have belted us. My reaction was only the sense of free fall because I hadn’t been able to even see the scores, given I was at work. So the world kind of was ending!! 😂

My missus goes for Adelaide. Therefore after Mum and Dad my kids first words were Crows Suck. This has caused me much amusement over the journey
Oh man….how did you two get on the night we pipped them by a point? 😳

See in hindsight, with all the games we won without a designated ruckman, we probably could stomach a heart breaker like Monday. If it was a GF however….

With Elliott, McStay, Sidebottom, DeGoey and Howe walk up starters once available, who are the five from Monday's game that would make way for them?

With Elliott, McStay, Sidebottom, DeGoey and Howe walk up starters once available, who are the five from Monday's game that would make way for them?
It’s a tough question but it’s rare a team doesn’t have atleast a couple of outs. We are likely to get more injuries as others become available, that’s just the nature of the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back