After winning a decent bet

Remove this Banner Ad

7/1,8/1,8,4 tris?

The 4 is for value

Went back and looked at monday's result - think there were over 100 dog races in oz and it landed once for a $140 payout. Cannington too so you would have been waiting a while! :thumbsu:

There is no bigger trap than having a big win on one of your first ever bets. Would almost bet everyone on here would have had a win and that was it. Addiction!
i spent like six months as a kid "investing" all my pocket money in footy cards after getting a rare $50 "value" card in my first pack

Anything under $100 generally gets put back into bookmakers consolidated revenue.

Anything over $100 generally gets put back into CUB consolidated revenue.

Anything over $250 generally gets put back into bigpapagman consolidated revenue.

Anything over $1000 generally gets put back into Westpac consolidated revenue. (either their consolidated funds in my name, or line of credit)

Love your work mate. Brilliant post.

My theory for the banking/spending 1000 bucks, that's aimed at blokes who have a crack recreationally. You're more of a pro punter or at least bet like one, so I get what you're saying.

I think too many punt aimlessly and don't know what to do when they win or take it for granted. It's different if you're doing it the way you are.

Cheers:thumbsu:

Yeah I like to take it somewhat semi-seriously and have been for the last 12-18 months. Still have fun with it, but I just found when I was punting a lot more casually long term it resulted in not too much of a profit at all. Last couple of weeks though I've taken a bit of a back seat and just done a few small bets for various reasons (seems like it wasn't a bad idea though with so many upsets and weird results haha).

I think my 'theory' is still reasonably relevant though to fairly casual punters. I have a mate who punts very casually and is a bit of a mug punter lol, he bets slightly smaller units than me and on some different things, but we both started the season up around 30 units each (give or take a bit). He spent a huge chunk of his while I hardly spent any which he couldn't believe especially with my higher unit sizes. We then both hit a bad streak after and lost maybe 10U each. So while atm I'm sitting at around 20U profit and haven't spent much of it, he's still sitting at a nice 15U profit, but spent maybe over 20U already on things he might not have otherwise bought.

There is no bigger trap than having a big win on one of your first ever bets. Would almost bet everyone on here would have had a win and that was it. Addiction!

Yep. Melbourne cup day quite a few years ago. Think it was Sportsbet that matched $50 with $150 in bonus bets.
Lost the $50. Put the bonus on a horse. You beauty!
Went to cash out. Naturally didn't understand you had to turn over the winnings. Day light robbery I thought! The rest is history

(Log in to remove this ad.)

will usually withdraw around 60% of it if online straight away and put it away somewhere. use around 20% for longer term bets (eg AFL futures) and reinvest 20%. sounds conservative I know, but figure may as well have at least 1/5 of it still riding for you later on.

I'll be honest. I've never withdrawn money from a winning online bet.

It's been accumulating in my 8 accounts for a while now. I probably will one day, but for the time being I'm just trying to grow it

and first law of winning. any big win is announced to the missus but only 20 percent of the actual collect is declared.
Mrs used to work at the TAB,normally she would have no qualms about taking all the winnings and slinging me 20%.
I got smart and used to save my winners and cash them when she was working,the look on her face as she was handing over the cash while I was laughing, pointing at the cameras was gold.

Yeah I like to take it somewhat semi-seriously and have been for the last 12-18 months. Still have fun with it, but I just found when I was punting a lot more casually long term it resulted in not too much of a profit at all. Last couple of weeks though I've taken a bit of a back seat and just done a few small bets for various reasons (seems like it wasn't a bad idea though with so many upsets and weird results haha).

I think my 'theory' is still reasonably relevant though to fairly casual punters. I have a mate who punts very casually and is a bit of a mug punter lol, he bets slightly smaller units than me and on some different things, but we both started the season up around 30 units each (give or take a bit). He spent a huge chunk of his while I hardly spent any which he couldn't believe especially with my higher unit sizes. We then both hit a bad streak after and lost maybe 10U each. So while atm I'm sitting at around 20U profit and haven't spent much of it, he's still sitting at a nice 15U profit, but spent maybe over 20U already on things he might not have otherwise bought.

Yeah my theory was just aimed more at blokes who punt for the * of it. I get what you're saying, it's just some have a bet and then when they do win piss it all away. They're gonna put more money in regardless if they lose. May as well walk way with something instead of nothing at all.

Example

Dumb campaigner puts in 20k over 6 month period. Turns it into 40k. Blows the lot. Instead of blowing the 40k, use 20 and go on a holiday, buy a car etc.

Can say don't gamble in the first place and just use the 20 but some people want and are going to punt regardless.

My point is walk away or use it on something. If people are happy to blow x amount so be it. A lot of guys gamble for nothing and when they lose, even if it's profit, get pissed and then to chase.

My theory is for those that don't have a system or punt some what professionally.

Or Win 50k, take out 40 and " invest 10. Most gamblers though if they lose that ten will dip into the 40.

I'll reiterate my point again, know what you're gambling for, always walk away with something and enjoy your winnings. And know what you're willing to risk/lose.

Not having a go btw mate your posts are :thumbsu:

Another example

You're willing to risk say 20k per year on the punt. Irrespective on what they win/lose per year. You're going to stake 20k no matter what. If you make 120k in the first year, take out the 100k. Use it, save it, enjoy it, whatever. The bookies can't take that money back.

What would be the point blowing that 100k, then 20k year in year out ON TOP OF THAT.

Again if one is happy to do it, go for it. The majority are not though.

Guys on here lose a x amount of units on the footy then they get pissed. Then they say they're having a break, but no doubt get back in it the next week.

Even the units they bet on one day is ludicrous and without plan/strategy.

A lot of aimless, lost betting. Then they chase.

Another example

You're willing to risk say 20k per year on the punt. Irrespective on what they win/lose per year. You're going to stake 20k no matter what. If you make 120k in the first year, take out the 100k. Use it, save it, enjoy it, whatever. The bookies can't take that money back.

What would be the point blowing that 100k, then 20k year in year out ON TOP OF THAT.

Again if one is happy to do it, go for it. The majority are not though.

Guys on here lose a x amount of units on the footy then they get pissed. Then they say they're having a break, but no doubt get back in it the next week.

Even the units they bet on one day is ludicrous and without plan/strategy.

A lot of aimless, lost betting. Then they chase.

No one on here loses on the punt

I'll be honest. I've never withdrawn money from a winning online bet.

It's been accumulating in my 8 accounts for a while now. I probably will one day, but for the time being I'm just trying to grow it

If that's your financial plan the bookies you have your funds with better not do a 'Sports Alive'!!! because you'll find out you may as well have pissed that money away on Chiliean racing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back