List Mgmt. Ageing list (nine players over 30 years)

Remove this Banner Ad

The development of our future backline has been terrible this year. With so many old talls they should have rotated a few out of the team so guys like Brown, Thurlow, Kolo and Hamling get the odd game.

Now with us being a Bradbury chance even though we are probably the 4th-6th best team in the comp none of those guys will get a shot this year.

And then, when Lonergan or Taylor blows a knee next year, Hamling will replace them with 0 senior games under his belt, and this board will go into meltdown because he isn't a ready-made replacement.

And then, when Lonergan or Taylor blows a knee next year, Hamling will replace them with 0 senior games under his belt, and this board will go into meltdown because he isn't a ready-made replacement.

if that did happen, him playing 2-3 games against the lower rung teams probably wouldn't make much of a difference. He is either ready(physically,mentally and tactically) for afl footy or he isn't. If they though he was they would have played against Sydney. He was a project player when drafted and is still younger than when Blicavs played his first game in the VFL. If one of our keys went down tomorrow we would probably see Brown take over there role anyway.

if that did happen, him playing 2-3 games against the lower rung teams probably wouldn't make much of a difference. He is either ready(physically,mentally and tactically) for afl footy or he isn't. If they though he was they would have played against Sydney. He was a project player when drafted and is still younger than when Blicavs played his first game in the VFL. If one of our keys went down tomorrow we would probably see Brown take over there role anyway.

Blicavs, I would think.

Blicavs, I would think.
Tend to agree.

While Blicavs wasn't always assured he had his moments when stationed there this year.

Plus he isn't Mitch Brown, so he has that on his side. :p

And that is all that matters to some. Blicavs won't get Majak Daw every week, just remember that.
True but what I was alluding to was the fact that Mitch Brown doesn't get picked in the seniors regardless of what he does in the VFL.

But I did word it ambiguously (it's more fun that way).

hasn't really dominated has he?
Even at VFL level this year. Unlike Kersten or Walker who had kicked multiple tallies of 4's & 5's, he doesn't appear to be knocking down the door according to feedback on here.
I believe he has had some good games (without being an avid VFL watcher I honestly don't know).

But, much like Schroder, he doesn't seem to get a look in (for whatever reason) regardless of what he does.

Which was kinda what I was getting at regarding my comment about Blicavs going back to defence before Brown gets a call up (not that I think Brown should play defence mind you).

For the record, I'm not a Brown fan.

However, like Schroder, he does seem to get the rough end of the pineapple at times (from the outside looking in).

Last edited:
I believe he has had some good games (without being an avid VFL watcher I honestly don't know).

But, much like Schroder, he doesn't seem to get a look in (for whatever reason) regardless of what he does.

Which was kinda what I was getting at regarding my comment about Blicavs going back to defence before Brown gets a call up (not that I think Brown should play defence mind you).

For the record, I'm not a Brown fan.

However, like Schroder, he does seem to get the rough end of the pineapple at times (from the outside looking in).

I like the theory of debuing the kids but we aren't 10th on the Ladder so a big influx of debutants isn't going to happen - especially when we are only just falling over the line on a regular basis. I think that's the dilemma for the MC , we are still in with a shot and now that the best 25 are available we need to tinker with the mix to get ready for the Finals
Just like GHS before them maybe the likes of Thurlow and Smedts need to be patient before a regular spot opens up. Also Hamling , JJ , Kolo may have to accept that 2015 is their opportunity to see what they can offer at AFL Level.
We did debut a lot of kids a few years ago but we were a much stronger side then and there was comparatively less risk to doing that this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuff all to do with the bye so was having a look at the list and found this interesting Taylor Hunt 63 games and Trav Varvoe 131games the only current player in between Mitch Duncan on 93 you could drive a truck through that gap.

Does McIntosh [122] not count ?

BTW you really must be bored :D

Cant believe Bundy has only played 61 games. :drunk:

Stuff all to do with the bye so was having a look at the list and found this interesting Taylor Hunt 63 games and Trav Varvoe 131games the only current player in between Mitch Duncan on 93 you could drive a truck through that gap.
That's the lean 2007/2008 drafting coming back to haunt us.

It's funny that you say that. Both drafts were utter busts aside from Taylor and Motlop. Brown and Gilles in 08. Yuck

Simpson and Hunt? There'd be a lot of players from those drafts that are already done as AFL players. Both look like decent chances (at least) to get to 100 games, at Geelong, or elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back