Strategy Aggressive reset

Remove this Banner Ad

I did realise that and my post suggested we should entertain trades, if they are of considerable value to us, not suggesting we trade guys out for bullshit picks and no value.
If someone offers us a first round pick for Tarrant. Would you not entertain this? I wouldn't take anything that wouldn't bring us value.
Further more I guess all this depends on whether we land JK or not. Land him then Tarrant is 100% untouchable.

Spot on! Anyone over 28 should be on the table for the right price but only for the right price. We are miles away.
All this talk about Miles... seriously.

Mate its only my opinion........Swallow you say is value ?? ok , but not at our club. They wanted to see how Dumont went playing his role, he did ok but that didnt help having an ex captain running around the 2's did it??
Club had to whack Swallow, see Dumont play the role, then bring him back to play him where he plays best so we can offload him, this October.
Your opinion on this issue is idiotic. Like OF said, why would you trade for Motlop when you could pick him up for free? :stern look

Mate its only my opinion........Swallow you say is value ?? ok , but not at our club. They wanted to see how Dumont went playing his role, he did ok but that didnt help having an ex captain running around the 2's did it??
Club had to whack Swallow, see Dumont play the role, then bring him back to play him where he plays best so we can offload him, this October.

In your situation you have us trading Spitta and getting something, thus value.

If we want Motflop we should offer money. Nothing more nothing less.

If we want Spitta gone perhaps we pay for him to play somewhere else to increase the return.

I would not pursue Motflop in any situation where we lose anything other than cap space.

In regards to Motlop remember the best time to buy is in Doom. :stern look
I'd back him in to have his best season in 3 years next year. Beyond that he'll resume current output.

Just my opinion, and you know what they say about those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spose after that I better put my $2 in.

I'm worried we'll miss out on Kelly and invest in some B/C graders. That will put us in a position to climb the ladder again, but only slightly. Yeah make finals, but never really threaten to win a flag. We must not go down that path again. North have tried doing that since early 2000's.

The comp is set up in a way that unless you're willing to bottom out, you're never a chance to get a bunch of elite talent coming through together.

We have a decent bunch in the right age bracket but none have become bonifide bankable stars. Well maybe Taz & Brown (though Brown has only had the 1 elite year) aside.

Ziebell, Cunnington, Higgins and to a lesser extent McDonald, Atley, MacMillan, Wood, Garner have shown they have what it takes to become elite, but have been not been able to produce that on a year to year or even weekly basis, either through injury or the inability to preform at a consistent high level.

I worry if we go for the "aggressive reset" with a couple of B grade types, instead of the A graders we targeted, 5 years will go by and we'll have nothing to show except some top 8 finishes & a couple of finals wins.

In your situation you have us trading Spitta and getting something, thus value.

If we want Motflop we should offer money. Nothing more nothing less.

If we want Spitta gone perhaps we pay for him to play somewhere else to increase the return.

I would not pursue Motflop in any situation where we lose anything other than cap space.
I think this is what will happen, not what I hope will happen......there are two different things.

I think this is what will happen, not what I hope will happen......there are two different things.

I see nothing aggressive in trading for something we could get for free.

Most of the so called expert’s believe clubs will want to trade out of this year’s draft into the next, is there an opportunity for us to do something this year? Could we offer up next year 1st or do we need the points or is this year’s draft just not strong enough.
Where does everyone think we will finish next year? I was thinking trading our 2018 1st for Brisbane's 14 and 18 picks or GC's picks 19,22 or 24.

if we are at the point now of targeting Steven Motlop, then we must head to the draft. He is no better than Ryan Clarke, who is much younger and has huge upside, stick with him.

I think we need to try as hard as we can to get another top 20 pick this year.

3 picks inside 21 will be huge for us going forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back