AGM 2014 - What they said

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the Roos Video - Now my pants are all sticky. If we don't fill the stadium with Red and Blue for Round 1 - I'll go heave.

Cross & Vince look pretty happy to be here, Tyson seems a bit more reserved - but I think that may just be him. I liked his crack about GWS.

Tyson was just a bit nervous, good that we've got a 'practice game' this Friday though... not sure if it'll be a proper intra-club or just training with match simulation though as he said they had one last week..

Who the * is Jiska????

Missed it. What did he say?
Roos said something to the effect of 'Dom, talk about the difference in coming from the giants and now being here in melbourne', to which Dom replied, 'Well, kinda like what you said, but you came from a much better part of sydney'.

In other words, "'Western Sydney is a s**t hole and I'm pretty pumped to be outta there.'

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2014-02-03/agm-paul-roos-speech
That's the video. It happens around 18:30. I'm of course paraphrasing with what was said, but you'll see. The crowd has a good chuckle too, and Roosy has that grin that we all love.

Roos said something to the effect of 'Dom, talk about the difference in coming from the giants and now being here in melbourne', to which Dom replied, 'Well, kinda like what you said, but you came from a much better part of sydney'.

In other words, "'Western Sydney is a s**t hole and I'm pretty pumped to be outta there.'

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2014-02-03/agm-paul-roos-speech
That's the video. It happens around 18:30. I'm of course paraphrasing with what was said, but you'll see. The crowd has a good chuckle too, and Roosy has that grin that we all love.
Awesome. Love it.

Seems to be a great feeling around the club - let's hope it shows on the ground :D

I'm Jiska. Who the **** are you????

Hey whipper snapper, listen here, back in my day you'd get a busted jaw comin' out here like that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What board do you spec mod? Lifestyle? Fashion? Religion?

Im with Syl, never heard of you newb
I'm loving the fact that someone with a post count of 149 is calling someone with a post count of 1,709.

(and yes, I'm aware that Rude/A11dAtP0w3R has been around for much longer than is apparent)

I'm loving the fact that someone with a post count of 149 is calling someone with a post count of 1,709.

(and yes, I'm aware that Rude/A11dAtP0w3R has been around for much longer than is apparent)

Oiiii, Id be rivalling HodgePodge's post count* if you rolled all my accounts together, newb!!

*no i wouldn't

Jiska is a spec for the Supercoach board I believe but he can elaborate in the introductions thread if he likes.

Meanwhile we're back on topic.

How good was this line by Roos:

We're up for the fight and at some point we'll win the fight.

Reminded me a little bit of 'TNT', ROOSY is the power load watch him explode!

"I'm not going to insult them [disenfranchised members] by making a call to arms to get back on board... We need to actually earn back their trust"

Peter Jackson showing once again that he gets it.

"I'm not going to insult them [disenfranchised members] by making a call to arms to get back on board... We need to actually earn back their trust"

I couldn't believe the level of attention and detail he gave on the financial side of things as well. Excellent disclosure and frankness. A lot of respect shown to the members. He has nothing to hide either and makes the challenge ahead of us sound like something we really want to take on.

These first 3 games are going to be so important.

Loved it. Words like that and obviously results on the playing field will bring the people back.

Unlike a few past presidents or board members who used to live by 'ill piss down your back and tell you its raining' Jackson's openness and honesty is something all Melbourne supporters appreciate, even if its not the news we want to hear, its the truth regardless.

Also Bluelegs, that signature of yours, i crack up every time i see it. :drunk:Slobbo smiley:drunk: Tipping he didnt do maths methods in year 12.

Last edited:
Loved it. Words like that and obviously results on the playing field will bring the people back.

Unlike a few past presidents or board members who used to live by 'ill piss down your back and tell us its raining' Jackson's openness and honesty is something all Melbourne supporters appreciate, even if its not the news we want to hear, its the truth regardless.

Also Bluelegs, that signature of yours, i crack up every time i see it. :drunk:Slobbo smiley:drunk: Tipping he didnt do maths methods in year 12.

He's the best possible person we could ask for at the head of the club both behind the scenes and in a speaking role. He's a bloke who respects the members enough to give them all the information be it good or bad and not afraid to speak out against other problems in the league. His bit about the bullying attitudes of bigger clubs in regards to equalisation was spot on.

Haha, cheers. Robbo is great value most of the time. Only reason to watch 360 is to see him drunk and confused on tv.

Jiska is a spec for the Supercoach board I believe but he can elaborate in the introductions thread if he likes.
Yep, correct. I've been reading threads on this board for quite a while, but I don't normally post unless I've got something to add. No point in making random posts just for the sake of it :rolleyes: I participated in a thread last week, clearly no-one noticed. I'll post up in introductions just to keep the masses happy.

PJ has been the best thing that could have happened to our club. The problems were clearly at the top. :thumbsu:

One thing is for sure, After Seeing PJ's Cousin Wayne help to kill off Fitzroy, I can honestly say that I'm glad being a *hed doesn't run in the family. Wayne could really learn A LOT from PJ about respect, honesty, and integrity.

On one hand you have Wayne with Fitzroys blood on his hands, on the other you have his cousin being hailed as a Saviour of the MFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back