Saints News AGM - Tonight - Thursday 16 December 2021, 6:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

All pretty positive but I am sure the forensic accountants can dissect the Financial Report.

Great to see Jason Blake back at the club.

Couldn’t hear what Matt Finnis said about trying to increase sponsorship but onfield success will no doubt assist !.

Billings and Gresham to play more forward this year according to Ratten.
That puts Butler under some pressure

Billings and Gresham to play more forward this year according to Ratten.

Good news, they are more damaging players up forward than in the midfield.

Less chance of Gresham getting injured too, he's broken down twice with season ending injuries since Ratten tried to push him into the midfield.

He's a short burst player, not a long distance midfield runner.

I’m not sold on Billings as a forward. He’s too slow and has only averaged a goal a game once in his career. Even Kent has done it more than that.

Gresham is a different story. He’s a match winner forward and that opens up midfield spots for Clark, Bytel, Byrnes etc.

Good news, they are more damaging players up forward than in the midfield.

Less chance of Gresham getting injured too, he's broken down twice with season ending injuries since Ratten tried to push him into the midfield.

He's a short burst player, not a long distance midfield runner.

There was also a serious knee injury in round 1 last year but because the season was suspended he didn’t miss any games. Still three serious injuries since moving to the midfield.

Is this AGM as bad as everyone on the socials are saying it is?

That we have no real plan and are giving half assd generic answers. Seem to be just going through the motions. That’s what I’ve read.
I just dont think most of those people realise what an AGM is. Its not a song and dance, its essentially an annual report of finances and actions to shareholders/members.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

That we have no real plan and are giving half assd generic answers. Seem to be just going through the motions. That’s what I’ve read.

That's what they are all like. Paint a bit of set dressing up to hide the barely standing walls behind it.

I just dont think most of those people realise what an AGM is. Its not a song and dance, its essentially an annual report of finances and actions to shareholders/members.

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Most people making those comments probably think the G relates to them personally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not sold on Billings as a forward. He’s too slow and has only averaged a goal a game once in his career. Even Kent has done it more than that.

Gresham is a different story. He’s a match winner forward and that opens up midfield spots for Clark, Bytel, Byrnes etc.
People forget Billings has won games off his own foot so to speak. That game against the Dogs when he turned it on in the last quarter and won the game for us.
People rate Gresham higher, but compare their Brownlow votes. I doubt if there has been a year when Gresham even got half the votes Jack got.

People forget Billings has won games off his own foot so to speak. That game against the Dogs when he turned it on in the last quarter and won the game for us.
People rate Gresham higher, but compare their Brownlow votes. I doubt if there has been a year when Gresham even got half the votes Jack got.

Gresham feels like he's never had a chance to show his best with injury robbing him of any chance at proving himself. He played a lot early and was on the verge of breaking out before breaking down consistently. Billing has been consistently okay but looks like he'll never have that absolute star factor that we'd hoped. He suffers from being such a high pick and the players taken around him being so good.

That game against the Dogs was 7 years ago. The other year where he won games off his own boot was 5 years ago. We’ve got 8 years of evidence of what he is, we can’t just point to the odd game here and there and say “yep that’s what he is”. I’d love to see his 2017 repeated year after year but that doesn’t look likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back