Discussion AGOTW v2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need to put more thought into this as a board. There is no need to rush. Seemingly we have three comps at the moment (KOTW, MOTW and the new CCCC) and if three's company, what is four?

There's not much point going head-first into it.

and if three's company, what is four?

The correct idiom is: Two's company, three's a crowd.

What's four? The next number after three. :) I don't have a problem with a lot of competitions... BUT I think it might be a bit much for others, might lose interest or lose track etc. It'd only work if deadlines are strictly adhered to. What kind of turnaround time are we talking about? 1 round every 2 weeks? Every 3? This needs to be addressed.

Four comps would suggest one round per month... so you start (say) KOTW in the 1st week, AGOTW in the 2nd, etc. Have it so that it's 2 weeks to do entries and then 1 week for votes, with a slack time of 1 week in case of unforseen delays. That way there's always be a competition in progress, either accepting entries or voting. And if people wish to pick and choose, then they can.

Definitely hearing HSSB, another comp where I'd do entries and it wouldn't get voted on. Maybe we'd see some designers being a bit more choosy.

The correct idiom is: Two's company, three's a crowd.

Bugger, I knew I had something wrong. This must have swayed my half-functioning mind:

tc.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back