Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Hey dudes, here are my three.
SydneyAway1.png

And Teen Wolf, that second entry is superb, Ive always thought the Harbour Bridge would look good on a Swans jumper but lack the skill to pull it off.

The Harbour Bridge looks squashed :eek:

The bridge is squashed into the front of the jumper. Increase the width of the bridge to give it the impressive look it has on Sydney Harbour. Look at the harbour bridge on the old Sydney Swans logo, it shows the bridge in the correct scale.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Kept it traditional and tried to make the fans of South Melbourne happy with my design.

It is the tradtional South Melbourne red V on white. The neck becomes red as the colour of the collar of the last South Melbourne jumper was red but the neck underneath was white. The Sydney Swans logo is placed in the red V.
AGOTW9Final2.png

Are there any rules in this competition stating how close to another persons design someone elses can be. Can you just put an extra logo on a design and call in your own.

Mr Zero

All Australian
Mar 29, 2012
Para Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, TTGDCC, LA Lakers
AGOTW9Final2.png

Are there any rules in this competition stating how close to another persons design someone elses can be. Can you just put an extra logo on a design and call in your own.

You can hardly call your jumper "YOUR OWN" design there.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Sorry if my jumper looks like the old South Melbourne jumper because it is suppose to. The Brisbane Lions Melbourne jumper use to be so close to what the old Fitzroy jumper was that you would think they are the same team, which they are.

For old South Melbourne supporters to see the Swans to run out onto the ground in a jumper very similar to the one which South Melbourne wore would be good.

Mr Zero

All Australian
Mar 29, 2012
Para Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, TTGDCC, LA Lakers
I don't have any problems with you using it but I'm just saying you can't get upset when someones design is similar.

The bridge is squashed into the front of the jumper. Increase the width of the bridge to give it the impressive look it has on Sydney Harbour. Look at the harbour bridge on the old Sydney Swans logo, it shows the bridge in the correct scale.

Thanks, but I am well aware of the bridge's correct scale.

Think of it more as a caricature rather than a true-to-life depiction. I've tried using a more realistic image, but it just didn't appear prominent enough on the jumper.

Teen Wolf, thank you for you comment as it provided inspiration for my third entry for this week. So with the Sydney Harbour Bridge in as far as I known as correct scale:

I'm flattered ww, even though I'm not entirely sure how I managed to do that.

coolknot

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourne Heart, Boston
Now, these are very similar to the ones posted, so I apologise, but I've had these in my head for ages for Sydney to wear:
Entry 1
SydneyAGOTW.png

Entry 2
SydneyAGOTW3.png

Entry 3
SydneyAGOTW2.png
Unsure 'bout the black shorts, but nice designs especially the third. :thumbsu:

Back