List Mgmt. Ahern, LDU & Simpkin

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd gut the entire team with the exception of Brown and Cunnington if we had the options on the list.

I like Jack and I wish we could of built a team during his time to seriously contend, but he's going to miss out. He turns 29 next year.

His best shot is to remain a forward and still hope he is relevant and best 22 in circa 2022.

I wouldn't begrudge him moving to a contending side.

The priority HAS to be the development of others now.

Higgins is done in the sense, what will his continued involvement as the #2 midfielder actually achieve long term? He shouldn't be offered another contract imo.

Thompson is done, he's been a warrior.

Wright is done.

Tarrant should be kept as a safeguard to the next generation of younger key backs. The same applies to Goldstein.

Hall - I can't actually find how long we secured him for, was it only 2? or 3? He can be the VFL captain along with Tyson next year.

Higgins needs to move, its been 3-4 weeks of this dip in form, despite the touches he racks up his decision making by handball & foot has been the lowest its been ever, the comp has basically figured him out, his speed & vision has taken a massive dip and so on. I think he'd be better off pushed back or forward at half to find some more freedom running where he's best, giving and receiving on the run.

Simpkin can go on the outside, LDU on the inside, and Ahern can be the middle man.

There is no reason why at least one of those isn't part of every centre square rotation for the rest of the season.

Agree. That’s a different proposition though. The OP thinks we should be playing them all in the guts at the same time. They’re not ready for it and to be honest I don’t think North can survive it.

I'd gut the entire team with the exception of Brown and Cunnington if we had the options on the list.

I like Jack and I wish we could of built a team during his time to seriously contend, but he's going to miss out. He turns 29 next year.

His best shot is to remain a forward and still hope he is relevant and best 22 in circa 2022.

I wouldn't begrudge him moving to a contending side.

The priority HAS to be the development of others now.

Higgins is done in the sense, what will his continued involvement as the #2 midfielder actually achieve long term? He shouldn't be offered another contract imo.

Thompson is done, he's been a warrior.

Wright is done.

Tarrant should be kept as a safeguard to the next generation of younger key backs. The same applies to Goldstein.

Hall - I can't actually find how long we secured him for, was it only 2? or 3? He can be the VFL captain along with Tyson next year.

LDU
Simpkin
Ahern
EVW
Thomas
Scott(Bailey not Brad)
Taylor
Larkey
Murphy(I want a look at him)
Zurhaar
Anderson
Walker
McKay(need to get games into him)
Durdin(I want to see more from him)
Dumont(testing me, but think he’ll be ok)
Crocker and McKenzie to early to make call.

Agree. That’s a different proposition though. The OP thinks we should be playing them all in the guts at the same time. They’re not ready for it and to be honest I don’t think North can survive it.

Hang on... where in my post does it say that they should be playing in the guts at the same time? My post suggests that all three should be a permanent fixture in our midfield mix (the mix being more then just those three). Thought that was obvious...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you watched Carlton? We’re behind them in development of our young blokes.
Completely agree. Hard to develop our youth when our coach refuses to play them. Hey.. um.. newsflash Brad!! We're 17th on the ladder.

Brad Scott attempting to save his coaching career = driving a dagger into our club's future

The thing all these 3 guys bring is FAR BETTER QUALITY BALL to our forwards. TT also falls into this category as well. It still is amazing so many other players in the side never kick to our forwards advantage.

Last edited:
Hang on... where in my post does it say that they should be playing in the guts at the same time? My post suggests that all three should be a permanent fixture in our midfield mix (the mix being more then just those three). Thought that was obvious...

My bad. I thought you were saying they should be our starting midfield.

Brad is incapable of this kind of development unfortunately
I remember him playing the kids when he first got to the club.

Ziebell, Cunnington, Bastinac.

I rememeber one match early in the season, was it 2010, when we got absolutely poleaxed by St Kilda.

In fact we used to get poleaxed a lot, and the (implied) excuse was, 'we're playing the kids, they take time'.

This was back when Brads had good reason to believe he would be the beneficiary of the kids' development.

Now we have Ahern, LDU and Scott who are no worse than the kids were back then.

But if Brads plays them, qui bono?

I remember him playing the kids when he first got to the club.

Ziebell, Cunnington, Bastinac.

I rememeber one match early in the season, was it 2010, when we got absolutely poleaxed by St Kilda.

In fact we used to get poleaxed a lot, and the (implied) excuse was, 'we're playing the kids, they take time'.

This was back when Brads had good reason to believe he would be the beneficiary of the kids' development.

Now we have Ahern, LDU and Scott who are no worse than the kids were back then.

But if Brads plays them, qui bono?
It’s why brad needs to go now. The bye is the perfect time

This thread should be re-titled "supercoach pr0n"

You could play all 3 of them exclusively in the middle for the rest of the season and the same bunch of people would be back in a month labeling them hacks and calling for Joyce's head.

It's idiotic.

Of course, a year or so later when they do actually arrive it would be the usual from the exact same people..................

This thread should be re-titled "supercoach pr0n"

You could play all 3 of them exclusively in the middle for the rest of the season and the same bunch of people would be back in a month labeling them hacks and calling for Joyce's head.

It's idiotic.

Of course, a year or so later when they do actually arrive it would be the usual from the exact same people..................

Do you play SuperCoach? I don’t think any of these 3 would be attractive pickups on SuperCoach...

Struggling to understand the point of your post, besides the usual attention grab. You’re suggesting these three shouldn’t have games in the midfield and we should continue with the senior players getting predominant game time?

Do you play SuperCoach? I don’t think any of these 3 would be attractive pickups on SuperCoach...

Struggling to understand the point of your post, besides the usual attention grab. You’re suggesting these three shouldn’t have games in the midfield and we should continue with the senior players getting predominant game time?

You want change simply for it's own sake because you are frustrated. Your rationale is poorly constructed.

There is ZERO proof that "playing the kids" develops them any quicker or better.

You want change simply for it's own sake because you are frustrated. Your rationale is poorly constructed.

There is ZERO proof that "playing the kids" develops them any quicker or better.

There is proof that “playing the kids in the right position” will develop them better though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back