AHHHHH !!!!! what a a game !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

dee_girl9

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2001
don't know. Too drunk to know, too pissed to care!
Other Teams
Melbourne ...HELLO i mean how easy?
Well well what can i say? last night was absolutely sensational ! The ground was packed, the fans were pumped, the atmosphere was electric, and the weather was absolutely shocking. I sat with the cheersquad, and despite what i have said about them over the last week, they were sensational last night. cheering loud, and supporting the guys right til the end. - CONGRATS to them !

I really thought that we should have won by more than 3 points. to be up by 35 points at halftime, and to let it slip like that was so reminisent of 1999, it scared me. Neale must of got my ESP messages, as both Schwarta and Neita started in the forward line, and they stayed there all night. Neita didnt have any impact on the game whatsoever, especially when it was needed the most, when the game was in the balance. Schwarta was good, but it worried me a bit cos he run out of puff in the second quarter and was replaced by Stephen Pitt (who did sweet bugger all)

In the 2nd half u could see that the crows wanted to play. u could also see that we were tiring. Simple skill errors started to creep into the game (both sides mind u). that and the weather made for a sloopy 2nd half. Gradually the Cows started to peg us back and we kept fading. We needed something. A captains goal? (like that'd happen) An Ox's crunch? (not likely)or a run through the midfield, ending in a goal (with the crappy conditions, no. never) WE NEEDED SOMETHING !!! The last quarter was tense i couldnt watch. i knew we had to win. For my sanity, i knew i couldnt live in this city with a loss hanging over my head. (mind u although we won i still dont want to be here
tongue.gif
)

The last 30 seconds of the game were crazy. When adelaide kicked that goal to hit the lead i was almost in tears. so many times i have seen this happen, and there was no way i was going to let it happen tonight. no way. not in my town. the cheersquad lifted to another level and the place went beserk.
Being down the other end we couldnt really see the throw in, and we didnt know how much time was left. but we could see chell running to goal, and then my heart was in my mouth, i grabbed onto my friend, and that split second seemed like an eternity. A GOAL!!!! CHELL HAD KICKED THE WINNING GOAL!!!
WOO HOOO WE WERE IN FRONT. i could not believe it. i had no idea how much time was left, and we were yelling to blow the siren, they must have listened to us, cos 4 seconds later it went. Man what a game. time to CELEBRATE !!!!!
biggrin.gif

the aftermatch was pumping. i think the players were in shock that they had actually got away with a win. i spoke to a couple of the boys, and they were stoked. Schwarta was great, i spoke to him for about 10 minutes. mind u i only mentioned the footy once, but hey they have lives outside of football.
wink.gif
Chell was the flavour of the moment (for obvious reasons) so i couldnt get anywhere near him, and i spoke to Neita, Robbo (ha he was funny), and had a brief word to Woey. They were there for half an hour, b4 heading back to the Hyatt, cos they had a curfew. The mood at the aftermatch was great, we watched the last minute or so of the game, and when it was all over, everyone cheered as though it had just happened.

All in all it was a great night, and i thoroughly enjoyed myself, and ill be back for more i assure u of that. Now i have to get ready for rd4 against the hawks, when i make the journey over to the great city.

I cheered loudly for all of u. trust me, if u could here what voice i have left, u would know.

Chow and Enjoy
biggrin.gif

------------------
I would like to say that i believe in God and i believe in karma. why i exist beats the %$#^ out of me !!!

I couldn't have put it better myself!
That last minute was such an emotion trip!
From being heart broken and on the edge of tears to screaming in despair to seeing that magical goal. That ball going through the middle posts was such a sudden rush and all i could think about was WOO HOO we WON!
biggrin.gif

Melbourne most certainly needed to win and Chell, Robbo, Brown, Walsh and Yze were sensational.

Thanks for the little chat you had with Robbo at the after match!
rolleyes.gif
(i will never forgive you...
biggrin.gif
)

Well over all i am happy to end my post with:

GO THE MIGHTY MELBOURNE DEMONS!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Footy. It was just a sport.
But now it's also a business.
However, according to the fans it's a religion,where the people rule!

The Mighty Melbourne Demons- My passion, My obsession!

[This message has been edited by DEES RULE! (edited 08 April 2001).]

nicki, that piece of writing gave me the shivvers!!! it really makes you think. after last night AMAZING win, thanx to leoncelli, i think we all really relized just how much a win means to us! i was totally shaking in the last 50 seconds, and when that goal was kicked, i don't think there are ANY words to explain how i felt. i was totally over the moon, and to think that there were thousands of people who felt the same way at the same time, really made me happy!
i just want to say a real WELL DONE to the dee boys, they were truley amazing, and it made me REALLY proud to be a melbourne supporter (as they make me feel every week regardless of the final scores
biggrin.gif
).
i hope they play the same, if not better next week against the cats!

GO DEES!!!!!!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
I luv shane woewodin. and the mighty dees whether or not you like it!!!

I have never been in such despair and then such elation. The neighbours told me today they heard me when we kicked the winning goal. I'm not surpirsed I just jumped up and yelled out of shear relief. I reckon I was louder than what I am at the footy. It was great although when you think about it, they played a terrible last quarter.

------------------
The Melbourne Football Club: Tradition, Heritage, Excitement

Remove this Banner Ad

Back