Ahoy mateys, we be sailing the seas of misery!

Remove this Banner Ad

574556.jpg

Is thsi some thing where scottywiper plies everyone with rum, then the sea shanties and the dancing starts, before the unlucky ones are led below the poop deck?

Remember it's all about the journey!
Under Scotts we started in the Straits of Disaster after the previous skipper walked the plank.
We soon rounded the Cape of Brief Hope.
We then floundered in the Preliminary Passage.
Our next destination was the Canal of Apprehension.
We then hit an iceberg as we entered the Gulf of Mediocrity.
There we now remain becalmed, biding time as we continue our journey towards the promised land of Irrelevance.
Hoist the mainsails! Better weather ahead!
Ah SW, this season has been a real asset test for all us men. Every time someone mentions hitting an iceberg, we automatically think of the Hindenburg, but not me, I think of NMFC. Being a staunch Suns supporter, I'm up and about, but you guys need a spark from somewhere. I actually upgraded my membership this year (thanks to another significant pay increase courtesy of yours truly) to Rocket's Renegades which guarantees me a GF ticket if we make it. But NMFC has always been my favourite Melbourne-based team & it has been nothing short of depressing watching us play insipid football in the first 3 rounds. I haven't been this upset since I bought an investment property in South Kensington.
Anyway, round 4 is it for me. If you guys are 0 & 4 at the turn, I may have to find a new favourite Melbourne-based team. And if Adel win, I may have them as my new favourite South Australian team again. So as you can see, a lot hinges on this game - not only for the mighty kangas, but also for me personally.

"Look, if the Titanic didn't hit the iceberg, we'd be talking about how great a voyage it was"

As it is, however, will Scott go down with the ship? Will Media and Communications keep rearranging the deck chairs? Will Benny Brown be unsinkable?
Will our hearts to hearts, really go on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lookout on Titanic: Captain, there's a giant iceberg!

Captain: I'm hopeful that we know the standards expected to avoid the iceberg

I love a good nautical joke as much as the next man, but please tell me this whole "stern look" business hasn't been just a massive build up to this post about this photo.

Well said. Take a bow. :winky look

Lookout on Titanic: Captain, there's a giant iceberg!

Captain: I'm hopeful that we know the standards expected to avoid the iceberg

"With a young group we're not always going to be able to avoid icebergs like these but these lessons are important to have us competitive in the future when it comes to staying afloat." - Spoken by grizzled 50 year old mariner pulled from the water by his 60 year old colleague.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back