Star Wars Ahsoka [Starts 23rd August on Disney+]

Remove this Banner Ad

She is like 10 years older than Dawson but fights like she is 10 years younger. Rosario looks the part but she needs to get in the gym if she wants to play jedi more convincingly. Hayden is only 2 years younger than her and fights about 10x better.
I read somewhere that a lot of modern star wars fights is to do with the lightsabers used. They are pure stunt swords anymore replaced with special effects, but actual light up tubes, more like toys, which affects how hard the actors can go. You watch the making of Episode 3 and see how full on Hayden and Ewan are going, and they just could not do that with the current setup apparently.

Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, Sasee Tin during the Palpatine arrest sequence, Order 66, the list would go on and on. The force healing stuff as well was jarring, it really does lower the stakes. Force ghosts controlling the weather for example, it’s just unnecessary stuff from the Disney era.
Speaking of that, have you seen this

Yes came across that a little while ago. Very interesting. Always wondered how the full scene of Dooku with two sabers vs Yoda would’ve unfolded.
I know there's more footage of Anakin and Dooku in the dark as well from II.

The lightsaber battles were the highlights of the prequels, the things that shouldn't have been cut!

I know there's more footage of Anakin and Dooku in the dark as well from II.

The lightsaber battles were the highlights of the prequels, the things that shouldn't have been cut!

And yet something that a lot of traditionalists complain about as being too over the top..

Interesting to hear about the props they use now, as the lightsabers have looked off for some reason so that might explain it.

And yet something that a lot of traditionalists complain about as being too over the top..

Interesting to hear about the props they use now, as the lightsabers have looked off for some reason so that might explain it.
A lot of sabre fights in current Star Wars look nice but they aren't memorable. I don't remember the flow, the moves or choreography, the emotion and back and forth between characters. I think the best fight is probably Mando vs Gideon, it's got a story behind it as you see Mando struggle with the darksaber, it's got something built in to it. It looks heavy and he is struggling to use it despite his elite combat skills against Gideon and the beskar staff.

Ahsoka looks pretty but it's taken the simplicity of the OT and paired it with the woodeness of the PT. The worst of both, then it's intercut with other scenes we give even less s**t about.

I'm a nerd and passionate about this stuff, you can tell from my teenage years spent doing lightsaber vids on youtube. I might look in to it more than most, and it's disappointing.

Anyway, did anyone see the shambles that that was Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker? They are horrific and slow and over the top at the same time.

Last edited:
Truly it's ******* comical that Disney have gone down this 'all the heroes can survive a stabbing' path, at this stage they must be aware of it and just putting it in shows for the lols.
Vision likes this

main-qimg-76eeded8d39cf6d43280d60d31f54bd0-lq

nice to know you can go from being unable to move a cup to throwing someone 50m+ in the air in the space of a couple of days btw.

Like when Maggie saved homer from drowning. At times of extreme importance, people through fight or flight gather abnormal strength and abilities.

Also the scene where Sabine and Erza reunite was... bad. It really reminded me I'm watching an adaption of an animated kids show. It was weirdly light and cringe and the actors had very little chemistry. It would fit right in with any Anakin and Padme scene.

Just got round to watching the finale as I was away... the phrase 'all sizzle, no steak' comes to mind. I had a fear early on that this would be a prologue and nothing else and that's more or less what's come to pass. Sabine and Ahsoka start the show trying to return Ezra from a lost galaxy and we end with Ezra home and Sabine and Ahsoka in a lost galaxy. The characters just traded places, we haven't really gone anywhere and we're expected to believe that everyone is where they are meant to be because the dialogue told us.

Not to go too anti-Filoni, but he's not up to adult fare. Too much of that finale was the kind of stuff you can excuse in children's shows, like stupid plans from a supposed genius, Tie Fighters missing from point blank, three people casually holding off swarms of enemy troops and 'hellfire from above'. I said early on that Filoni's film won't see cinemas, it won't get off Disney+ and I stand by that.

It was fun at times, Ray Stevenson was great, it's not as bad as Book of Boba Fett, but that feels like faint praise. I don't regret watching it but we are in middling EU territory here.

Not to go too anti-Filoni, but he's not up to adult fare. Too much of that finale was the kind of stuff you can excuse in children's shows, like stupid plans from a supposed genius, Tie Fighters missing from point blank, three people casually holding off swarms of enemy troops and 'hellfire from above'. I said early on that Filoni's film won't see cinemas, it won't get off Disney+ and I stand by that.

I mean... have you seen the movies?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean... have you seen the movies?
Yes, it happens, just not as consistently. The entire finale of Ahsoka was contrived and silly, from just riding horses through the front gate while a Star Destroyer is shooting at you (surely a Star Destroyer bolt does more damage than the average blaster) to just running up stairs while zombie troopers hold their fire. It was a very poorly choreographed finale.

Yes, it happens, just not as consistently. The entire finale of Ahsoka was contrived and silly, from just riding horses through the front gate while a Star Destroyer is shooting at you (surely a Star Destroyer bolt does more damage than the average blaster) to just running up stairs while zombie troopers hold their fire. It was a very poorly choreographed finale.

I agree it was poorly choreographed, as 90% of post Lucas Star Wars is, I don't necessarily agree that the ideas were show breaking though. Where the show suffers most is that, and it's compounded by Boba and Obi, it's become like bloody Fast and The Furious. Nobody dies. Even the baddies live. Even the people stranded in another galaxy get an upbeat ending.

I agree it was poorly choreographed, as 90% of post Lucas Star Wars is, I don't necessarily agree that the ideas were show breaking though. Where the show suffers most is that, and it's compounded by Boba and Obi, it's become like bloody Fast and The Furious. Nobody dies. Even the baddies live. Even the people stranded in another galaxy get an upbeat ending.
I don't think anything was show-breaking, though I could do with a little less of the magic and space whales.

I dunno, like I said it's my third favourite season of SW telly, with perhaps one genuinely magical moment. It's better than a shrug to me, but maybe that says more about its brethren.

Yeah though I guess none of us love or hate it... was expecting SM to have the strongest feelings as I assume you watched Rebels? I did not and I feel comfortable assuming Jack didn't either.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I dunno, like I said it's my third favourite season of SW telly, with perhaps one genuinely magical moment. It's better than a shrug to me, but maybe that says more about its brethren.

Yeah though I guess none of us love or hate it... was expecting SM to have the strongest feelings as I assume you watched Rebels? I did not and I feel comfortable assuming Jack didn't either.

I watched Rebels and rolled my eyes at what they did with Sabine but that was about it.

Think I'm past the point of having strong feelings on SW shows, which is a bit sad in itself.

I watched Rebels and rolled my eyes at what they did with Sabine but that was about it.

Think I'm past the point of having strong feelings on SW shows, which is a bit sad in itself.
What was the issue with her?

Yeah it is sad it's come to this, but at least there's Andor 2 to look forward to. I hate to be right, but my opinion that Disney is vanillarising Star Wars seems to be becoming the popular consensus.

We seem to be united in a giant shrug.

Could have been better, could have been worse.

Not the best or worst thing ever created. Just frustrating that it could have been a lot better.

Ahsoka, Thrawn - everyone - could have had a more expressive personality. Most characters were wooden.

Ahsoka could have been tempted by the dark side.

Wren's shitty decisions should have had repurcusions. She should have been killed by a lightsabre through the guts after a moment of redemption. She can't use the Force the whole series then suddenly she's able to boost Ezra through the air onto a spaceship? Yeah, nah.

The net result of the series was that Ahsoka and Wren have swapped places with Thrawn and Ezra. That's about it. All pointless.

What was the issue with her?

Yeah it is sad it's come to this, but at least there's Andor 2 to look forward to. I hate to be right, but my opinion that Disney is vanillarising Star Wars seems to be becoming the popular consensus.

She's not force sensitive until she suddenly is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back