Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

I get that.

But there will be some input, because Brady is in charge of producing a list that fits Shaw’s vision / game plan.

I’ve just got my fingers crossed that the vision stacks up and we haven’t got rid of players like Brown because they aren’t part of a vision that could ultimately be crap.

It seems like we are throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I must admit I am just nervous about it all because to be honest our first full year of Rhyce Shaw’s gameplan hasn’t filled me with confidence or excitement.
Do you remember what Brady did to all the new recruits at North to see if they would make it?

how do you think he looks at a 200cm 100kg dude who flaps his wings, one handed, going for a mark? Who gets regularly pushed around by players 15/20kgs lighter.. this and all the players delisted have Brady written all over them.

Enjoy the ride because we won’t accept soft anymore

Last edited:
One line i heard peddled out in isolation made me a little bit nervous. something like we were working on a slower gameplan.
I desperately want it to all come together, I guess we have been burned so many times since the 90’s that it’s natural to be nervous and hesitant.

Moving on Brown May be a master stroke, let’s hope for all it is, otherwise our stay at the bottom could be prolonged.

Do you remember what Brady did to all the new recruits at North to see if they would make it?

how do you think he looks at a 200cm 100kg dude who flaps his wings, one handed, going for a mark? Who gets regularly pushed around by players 15/20kgs lighter.. this and all the players delisted have Brady written all over it.

Enjoy the ride because we won’t accept soft anymore
I guess that’s we we differ. I will take soft if he is kicking me 60 goals a year.

Better than hard as a cats head but useless.

One line i heard peddled out in isolation made me a little bit nervous. something like we were working on a slower gameplan.

It sounds crap but in reality it’s the best way to ensure that you aren’t kicking into a forwardline full of defenders. Contested game comes unstuck when your contesting one against two.

Why can’t you have both?
You can have both if you can find it, but good luck with finding it.

I would rather have the goals than the hardness when talking about forwards if I have to choose, because at the end of the day you can only win if you outscore your opponent, you can’t win by being harder but scoring less.

You can have both if you can find it, but good luck with finding it.

I would rather have the goals than the hardness when talking about forwards if I have to choose, because at the end of the day you can only win if you outscore your opponent, you can’t win by being harder but scoring less.
It’s not always what you can do when you’ve got a silver service. Sometimes it’s just as important or more important to get that ball that you can’t mark to ground, it brings small forwards into the game and gives your defence a chance to set up.. but I digress..

Sad to see Brown go but losing him won’t be as bad as what people making out.

Let’s be realistic here. There is no reason that Corr wouldn’t have publicly nominated north yet.

Hence he’s still fielding offers/talking to other clubs.

Hence he’s not coming to north.
Well, apart for the reason that there is a reason why he wouldn't have.

View attachment 970766

Free Agency Period is between October 30-November 6
Thank you Giantroo! Finally someone said it!

If you’re paying attention you’d realise that these ‘nominations’ are nothing more than media trying to jump the gun and be the first to ‘confirm’ a scoop.

Players and clubs literally are not allowed to officially say anything until free agency starts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah it won’t be Rhyces call on the list.. this ain’t the last admin.

this will be a Brady decision and the admins call, won’t have anything to do with the coaching staff.

That’s the worry, the AVERAGE admin team we have in place surrounding Brady. Like the AVERAGE coaches we have in place surrounding Rhyce.

Surely the coach has some say?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back