Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

Remove this Banner Ad

6 year deal now per Andy Maher on sen
🤦 Wait till Kane hears about that

He must have said no to Carlton.

I actually have no probs with a 5 year & option. He'll be 31 going in to 32. As long as there's a games clause it's cool by me.

Yep stats can mean sh*t sometimes.
Last year our highest ranked r50 was JMac at 15. Cos of how we played it was rare teams got into their 50. We'd push them wide and win the throw in or ball up or Taz would mark on the wing. We had excellent defensive intercepts and spoiling with Taz, JMac and Pittard all doing it well and ranking highly for it.

We structured up behind the ball and players like TT, CZ and KT brought heaps of forward pressure so teams struggled to bring the ball out of our 50 easily and the struggled to score most of the time. (With a few appalling exceptions.)

Those two have better r50 stats this year because the ball is coming into oppo 50s too often and too easily.

So it's not that the stats mean s**t, it's more what they mean is bad for us ... Ie whoever we get in to replace Maj, Scooter, JMac and Pittard on the backline is going to struggle until we fix up themidfield and forward lines defence.

Last year our highest ranked r50 was JMac at 15. Cos of how we played it was rare teams got into their 50. We'd push them wide and win the throw in or ball up or Taz would mark on the wing. We had excellent defensive intercepts and spoiling with Taz, JMac and Pittard all doing it well and ranking highly for it.

We structured up behind the ball and players like TT, CZ and KT brought heaps of forward pressure so teams struggled to bring the ball out of our 50 easily and the struggled to score most of the time. (With a few appalling exceptions.)

Those two have better r50 stats this year because the ball is coming into oppo 50s too often and too easily.

So it's not that the stats mean sh*t, it's more what they mean is bad for us ... Ie whoever we get in to replace Maj, Scooter, JMac and Pittard on the backline is going to struggle until we fix up themidfield and forward lines defence.

Our game plan will not be what you saw this year. This year was all about assessment and a reality check.

Our game plan will not be what you saw this year. This year was all about assessment and a reality check.

I’d love to think that our short chipping and kick mark gameplan was designed to see who has the skills to hit targets, and who has the will to push into space and creat options.

Hopefully our game plan is better next year

I would say our game plan, if we had one, had * all to do with al those extra r50s. Perhaps our inability to execute one had something to do with it.

They happened cos we were s**t and couldn't play any reasonable footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d love to think that our short chipping and kick mark gameplan was designed to see who has the skills to hit targets, and who has the will to push into space and creat options.

Hopefully our game plan is better next year

It will be better if we get players that can use it well from the back

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would say our game plan, if we had one, had fu** all to do with al those extra r50s. Perhaps our inability to execute one had something to do with it.

They happened cos we were sh*t and couldn't play any reasonable footy.
I think Shaw's game plan was actually better when he copied Scott's for the remainder of 2019 with a few tweaks

I think Shaw's game plan was actually better when he copied Scott's for the remainder of 2019 with a few tweaks
That is a very taxing way to play and leads to inconsistency. We need a more sustainable way of playing with that extra hardness. I expect more one on one gamestyle next year and more kicking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back