Player Watch #4: Aidan Corr

SammyRoo

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Aidan addressing the Bigfooty North faithful for the first time.....

E52CB358-4AF5-49D3-9E2A-74F47C74AA5E.jpeg

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
That giff gives me cold chills.

To paraphrase Obi Kenobi, thousands of voices (and memes) declaring "it's happening" - later proven wrong.
Spot on, nothing has proved a mozz more than that gif.

Dusty, GAGF, Heeney & co were all considered done deals until someone whipped out that virtual Venus flytrap.. hold on.. s**t, what have I just done..

New_Roo

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is he here yet? Feels like he's already half way through his contract :-D What could be Corr sing the delay?

I reckon all sides were waiting for the season to end first before making anything official.... but given his season has now been put to and end and ours ending tonight guessing it will be announced in the next couple of days.... guessing same will be with Williams too if gws fail to make finals although he might be a bit longer if a few teams involved with that one

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
Meanwhile at GWS headquarters in the team dormitories, Coach Leon Cameron visits his son Jeremy’s room.

*knock knock*
JC: Who is it?..
LC: Its me Jeremy, you know, your favourite coach.. *laughs to himself in a goofy way*
JC: *quickly puts iphone on hold* yeah, come in..
LC: Hi mate, whatya up to?..
JC: ummmmmm... just talking to some friends..
LC: ok cool, you gotta have friends... Look mate i’ll make this quick, i know we’ve got a million first round draft picks and we’re still s**t, but you and me are the keys to our next premiership. Over the preseason i’m going to read Ron Barrasi and Kevin Sheedy books to make myself even better so how about you sign the new deal and we can be standing in confetti with the Cup together in September 2021. Whaddaya reckon?..
JC: ummmm, yeah, cool...
LC: ok, great news mate, ill let you get back to your phone call..
*door closes and Jeremy takes phone off silent*
JC: Yeah sorry about that Mr McGuire and Mr Packer that was just another GWS muppet trying to force me to sign, now lets go back to the development opportunities in Brighton and the new McDonalds franchise in the city..

Last edited:

Gotta_Bea_Hero

Senior List
Jan 17, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll be honest, I've never heard of this guy, but why has he only played 98 games in 8 seasons? Alarm bells are ringing.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Meanwhile at GWS headquarters in the team dormitories, Coach Leon Cameron visits his son Jeremy’s room.

*knock knock*
JC: Who is it?..
LC: Its me Jeremy, you know, your favourite coach.. *laughs to himself in a goofy way*
JC: *quickly puts iphone on hold* yeah, come in..
LC: Hi mate, whatya up to?..
JC: ummmmmm... just talking to some friends..
LC: ok cool, you gotta have friends... Look mate i’ll make this quick, i know we’ve got a million first round draft picks and we’re still sh*t, but you and me are the keys to our next premiership. Over the preseason i’m going to read Ron Barrasi and Kevin Sheedy books to make myself even better so how about you sign the new deal and we can be standing in confetti with the Cup together in September 2021. Whaddaya reckon?..
JC: ummmm, yeah, cool...
LC: ok, great news mate, ill let you get back to your phone call..
*door closes and Jeremy takes phone off silent*
JC: Yeah sorry about that Mr McGuire and Mr Packer that was just another GWS muppet trying to force me to sign, now lets go back to the development opportunities in Brighton and the new McDonalds franchise in the city..

2030 Salary Cap Inquiry:

"I put it to you Mr McGuire when you told Jeremy Cameron 'come to Collingwood and you'll never have to work again son' you were clearly referring to non-football financial benefits?"

McGuire "haha you must a Carlton supporter! (laughter from the gallery) Hiney and Bucks did a great job building our midfield, it was one of the best in the competition actually probably the best.

I think it's pretty obvious I meant that big Jezza will never have to work again because we'll be putting it on a platter for him.. But I wouldn't expect you to get it, you're bluebagger afterall!! (more laughter from gallery)"

McGuire turns to judge "case dismissed!" (more laughter including from judge)

2030 Salary Cap Inquiry:

"I put it to you Mr McGuire when you told Jeremy Cameron 'come to Collingwood and you'll never have to work again son' you were clearly referring to non-football financial benefits?"

McGuire "haha you must a Carlton supporter! (laughter from the gallery) Hiney and Bucks did a great job building our midfield, it was one of the best in the competition actually probably the best.

I think it's pretty obvious I meant that big Jezza will never have to work again because we'll be putting it on a platter for him.. But I wouldn't expect you to get it, you're bluebagger afterall!! (more laughter from gallery)"

McGuire turns to judge "case dismissed!" (more laughter including from judge)

AFL Prosecutor 1: You don't have the intelligence to mastermind a trade do you?!
AFL Prosecutor 2: You were just Buckley's lackey!
AFL Prosecutor 1: You were Ronny to his Nancy!
AFL Prosecutor 2: Sonny to his Cher!
AFL Prosecutor 1: Ringo to his rest of the Beatles!
McGuire: ENOUGH! Lies, lies, lies! I did it! I did it all! [the crowd gasps] There! Is that what you want, you smarmy little bastards?!
AFL Prosecutor 2: We want the truth!
McGuire: You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth! No truth-handler, you! Bah, I deride your truth-handling abilities!
AFL Comissioner: Will you get to the point?
McGuire: The point is only I could have executed such a masterpiece of salary cap fraud and I have the records to prove it! Just look at these! [pulls out a number of papers and photos] Each one a work of Machiavellian art!
AFL Comissioner: But why?
McGuire: Because you need me, AFL. Your guilty conscience may force you to give handouts, but deep down inside, you secretly long for a cold-hearted Collingwood to fill your coffers, have record fan numbers and rule you like a king!

Jul 11, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll be honest, I've never heard of this guy, but why has he only played 98 games in 8 seasons? Alarm bells are ringing.
Just took a squiz at the drafts board, looks like he's been a North player in a gws top since day dot with all these injuries
Shoulder - reco 2014 (played 4 games)
Ankle - deltoid ligament - 2016 (played 3 games)
Osteitis Pubis 2018 (rd 17- rd 6 2019)
Calf (rd 8-21)
Other niggles along the way (broke his hand a few year ago too)

One of Leon’s favourites. Missed most of last year with a calf, played 1 NEAFL then in for round 22 through to the GF. When fit he fits in the 22.

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wonder who's spot he takes in the starting line up.

It wouldn't be hard seeing as he can play tall and short.

It would mean tarant no longer has to go to smaller players like when we saw him on danger and other resting mids.

So Walker, Tarrant, McKay and Corr?

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

It would mean tarant no longer has to go to smaller players like when we saw him on danger and other resting mids.

Well, we’re not bringing him in to play scrabble, so he’s in. Tazz is a lock. Rhyce has been effusive in his praise of Buckets, and been giving him the big jobs, so it looks like Josh could be the one. But competition is not a bad thing.

justroyal

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well, we’re not bringing him in to play scrabble, so he’s in. Tazz is a lock. Rhyce has been effusive in his praise of Buckets, and been giving him the big jobs, so it looks like Josh could be the one. But competition is not a bad thing.
I think we're going to have the biggest half back cull we've ever seen here

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Corr, tarrant, Mckay down back and walker as 3rd tall roaming forward

Back