Free Agency Aidan Corr [joins North Melbourne as a RFA for a 2nd round compensation pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

do footy fans watch other teams? this guy is broad (tigers) jonas (port) plowman (blues) and is the 2nd best kick at gws coming for free? thats a win
100%, that's why North's pushed hard for him

Pretty good lockdown defender that often goes unnoticed in games. Club looking for a Tarrant replacement seeing as he's 32 in 2021. Sometimes its better to go straight for a player who fills a needed role/ instant upgrade than trying to hold onto an injured guy and waiting for him to develop. Have to be ruthless when you're trying to properly rebuild a side.
The problem is not him as a player, but the cost of acquisition. 5 years for a "pretty good lockdown defender" who will be 31 in his last year is outrageous. Reeks of desperation

The problem is not him as a player, but the cost of acquisition. 5 years for a "pretty good lockdown defender" who will be 31 in his last year is outrageous. Reeks of desperation
Does it though? Seems like there's 4-5 clubs represented here that all say they want him. Could easily be a 4 year with 5th year clause contract.

do footy fans watch other teams? this guy is broad (tigers) jonas (port) plowman (blues) and is the 2nd best kick at gws coming for free? thats a win

2nd best kick? I wouldn't have him in the top 10. Corr taking the kick ins this year has been a headscratcher for most of us.

How long has Roughead been at Pies ?
Howe ?
Dunne ?

5 year deal is about right he has shown he is AFL quality and young enough to warrant a 5 year deal and the dollars are not an issue as north would struggle to pay $80% of the cap with the list turnover they are about to have.

Free hit on a player at the right age group they need

Nice try...

"Seems like there's 4-5 clubs represented here" which is exactly what I was responding to. In what way are there clubs represented here?

Couple of questions for you, seeing as you're going down this path. Why would you assume the poster is a 'guy'? How condescending is that. Why would you willingly 'play the man, not the ball' in responding to me? Isn't that against regulations/site rules by not addressing my post and labeling me 'weirdly condescending' without adding anything of value to the thread? You're a mod right? You realise you're not above the rules of this forum right?

What a hill.

It's amusing that it was reasonably reported he was going, yet when he leaves a season over hub whilst injured and is a borderline best 22 player in a no team injury situation, GWS (Leon) are "shocked", and people will genuinely believe that...

What did they expect?

Anyway, he's not a bad fit for North and will be a better defender than McKay, Durdin and Walker plus Tarrant for 2022 onwards. Not a star but he was a decent role player at GWS, first page of this thread had GWS fans keen to keep him for the right price, so not unhappy.

It's amusing that it was reasonably reported he was going, yet when he leaves a season over hub whilst injured and is a borderline best 22 player in a no team injury situation, GWS (Leon) are "shocked", and people will genuinely believe that...

What did they expect?

Anyway, he's not a bad fit for North and will be a better defender than McKay, Durdin and Walker plus Tarrant for 2022 onwards. Not a star but he was a decent role player at GWS, first page of this thread had GWS fans keen to keep him for the right price, so not unhappy.

I think it’s more the reporting of the situation by the media and some in here.

Giants have said they were disappointed but that he showed courage to stand in front of everyone and tell them himself instead of waiting to leave at the end of the season and leaving it to his manager to do it.

The stuff about sending him home early as punishment that some media are running with, is garbage as he is injured and will be a minimum 3 weeks away.

Yep would of kept him for the right price but he is gone now and good luck to him.

I think it’s more the reporting of the situation by the media and some in here.

Giants have said they were disappointed but that he showed courage to stand in front of everyone and tell them himself instead of waiting to leave at the end of the season and leaving it to his manager to do it.

The stuff about sending him home early as punishment that some media are running with, is garbage as he is injured and will be a minimum 3 weeks away.

Yep would of kept him for the right price but he is gone now and good luck to him.

Yep, would be a fair amount of beat up and while I'm sure the Giants would have liked him to stay there's definitely some salary cap benefits. I didn't think there was much of a coincidence that Corr leaves and Finlayson re-signs within a few days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the worst pick up for North but geez, a 5 Year deal for someone I consider only a peripheral player at GWS is not great list management, especially for a club that could potentially win the Spoon.

He will be 27 next year too.

Hmm.

Still confirmation to come on the terms of the deal, if there's a deal. Saying that, it doesn't seem like GWS have considered him peripheral.

Not the worst pick up for North but geez, a 5 Year deal for someone I consider only a peripheral player at GWS is not great list management, especially for a club that could potentially win the Spoon.

He will be 27 next year too.

Hmm.
You might consider him peripheral, but I think Giants fans considered him one of our first picked every week.

Glad he's getting the opportunity to exercise his free agency rights. He's been a really, really good player for us and I'm really disappointed that we couldn't deliver him a Premiership. Hope he goes to a club ready to be successful because he deserves it.
Hopefully GWS can win their place in the finals so there isn't a discussion in 20 to 25 years about Corr playing one game too little for the father son benefits at GWS.

You might consider him peripheral, but I think Giants fans considered him one of our first picked every week.

Will take your word for it Buzz, just think playing 98 games at 26 years of age is not exactly Best/Starting 22 material (am not aware of his injury history btw)

Wish him all the best at North, but if the rumours are true he will be getting a 5 year deal, i think that is a bit dicey/risky from North.

Will take your word for it Buzz, just think playing 98 games at 26 years of age is not exactly Best/Starting 22 material (am not aware of his injury history btw)

Wish him all the best at North, but if the rumours are true he will be getting a 5 year deal, i think that is a bit dicey/risky from North.

That he is a restricted free agent should be telling.

He has a massive injury history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back