Past #16: Aiden Bonar - drafted by GWS #11 '17 ND - traded to NM end '19 - 25 NM games - thx Bon

Remove this Banner Ad

Only North was interested. Was sweating about a deal getting done. Would've gone back to GWS and worked his bum off if things didn't work out.
Spoke with Rhyce and is open to play any position for him and the team.
Will be living with LDU.
Audio:

16:20 in

Thought the same listening to it. However it’s probably his first radio interview! Comes across much more enthusiastic in print.
Cunners can't interview for sh1t. Good times ahead for Bonar.

The Cunners thing is way overerstated. I think he does interview well and was pretty good on the podcast.

Sure it's not his favourite thing but I've seen far less enthusiastic or eloquent footballers than him.
It's just your man love for Cunners. Understandable.

Wait!

Someone mentioned his schoolmate LDU right?

Then someone mentioned Hadron.

Here's that 2014 U15 photo again guys.

And look who's standing immediately below Hadron.

View attachment 766176
North have got a collection going from that AA squad. Worpol and Rayner would be icing on the cake. C'mon North get the 2014 boys together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait!

Someone mentioned his schoolmate LDU right?

Then someone mentioned Hadron.

Here's that 2014 U15 photo again guys.

And look who's standing immediately below Hadron.

View attachment 766176

Nice work Red. Would happily take Rayner and Starcevich off Brisbane's hands as well!

Audio:

16:20 in

How refreshing is it to have Darren Parkin doing some primetime interviews on the wireless? Always well researched and genuine with his interest in the interviewee’s thoughts, and not interested in fishing for a clickbait quote. McClure would’ve asked “Were any of the big Melbourne clubs interested in you at any stage? The prospect of playing in front of huge crowds with an emerging Carlton or Essendon would’ve been tantalising, right?”

Parkin’s a gun and I’m personally rapt to have The Other AB onboard alongside his “best mate”.

The kid needs to get a kick first.
You're delusional. It's off season and he's built like Tarzan, crashes bodies like Choppy, kicks like Schwatta and is hung like Nahas.

The way I see this period is that we basically got Bonar for pick 8. At least we've grabbed a kid quite cheaply (pick-wise) who has at least been exposed to the level and has been in the system for a couple of years. I reckon that's a head start of any kid we might get at Pick 8 as it's obviously speculative. Hopefully being back in his home state, playing with his best mate, new coach, new start, really gets him going and hungry to play some good footy. Obviously has all the right physical attributes...just has to put it all togehter. And he's only 20. Keen to see how he goes.

Overall - I've liked our moves this year. Very understated and not linked to every player under the sun. At the higher level of quite valuable selections and traded players: Out - Pick 8, In - Bonar and a 2020 future first giving us 2 first rounders in 2020.

Now I know all the talk is of a compromised draft, but it puts us in a really strong position trade-wise next year - especially if the Dees struggle again next year, which is not out of the realms of possibility.

Bring on 2020!

The Cunners thing is way overerstated. I think he does interview well and was pretty good on the podcast.

Sure it's not his favourite thing but I've seen far less enthusiastic or eloquent footballers than him.

Cunners is a brilliant interview. He's funny and most crucially, he's genuine.

I saw Sam Walsh being interviewed live before the Grand Final and by God it was boring, media trained to within an inch of his life.

You're delusional. It's off season and he's built like Tarzan, crashes bodies like Choppy, kicks like Schwatta and is hung like Nahas.

Yeah, I know how it works mate. If he's just going after 6 games it becomes "SACK SHAW".

The kid's got some good things going for him, but I see no reason to believe that he will arrive earlier than LDU. He could take another year yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back