Confirmed Aiden Bonar [traded with future 4th to North Melbourne for future 3rd]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buzzasto DaSilva

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Can't help but shake the feeling he's brought in to help his mate LDU as much as anything.
I think you're really understating Bonar's ability. He will be an incredibly good player for North. So disappointed we couldn't get the best out of him and build a midfield around his talent and work ethic.

JeanLucGoddard

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think you're really understating Bonar's ability. He will be an incredibly good player for North. So disappointed we couldn't get the best out of him and build a midfield around his talent and work ethic.
Oh I have no doubt about that, I'm not underestimating him.

I reckon we're looking to replicate the Stingrays midfield partnership.

Rod Stroker

Hall of Famer
Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
You can't seriously be unhappy with the current midfield you've "built"? We would have gladly taken Kelly or Tarranto off your hands instead if it would help you sleep better at night.

Buzzasto DaSilva

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
You can't seriously be unhappy with the current midfield you've "built"? We would have gladly taken Kelly or Tarranto off your hands instead if it would help you sleep better at night.
I'm not at all. Sorry it came across that way. I just really rate Aiden as a player and person.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JeanLucGoddard

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne

GWS Goose

Draftee
Nov 14, 2011
Breakfast Point
AFL Club
GWS
He means citation needed, given Bonar didn't even play in the U16 Championships due to injury.
These things are very subjective, but he is regularly described as being the best 15 or 16 yo in the country pre injury ( including about 50 times on the draft night that year. I remember every time the champion data rankings were bought up they mentioned he was excluded but was regarded as the best player blah blah) . Obviously there is a bit of hyperbole with the rating of young guys, especially if they have a detour of some sorts..... But It is not like he pulled the comment from no where

Top Bottom