• GWS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Rumours that a number of Melbourne clubs are circling him, with Bonar potentially requesting a move at the end of the year.

Supposedly on pretty decent coin following his contract extension in March of last year of $300-$400k.

What's he worth on an open market?

Bonar would be hard to pry out of the Giants.

Rumours are he's wanting to return home, so more just meeting agreed value.

NEAFL Averages:

2018 AFL averages playing mainly forward:

That growth in tackle numbers is interesting. There was talk early on that his defensive work was very poor, so it looks like they're having him work on it in the NEAFL.

You mean lack of growth?

He's had a drop to 2019.

4.5 tackles per game in his 4 career games as mainly a forward is fairly good. 4.5 is elite for any forward, especially one his size.

Interested. We'll probably be linked to every mid sized forward in the comp in the upcoming months

Seems like guys like hately have overtaken him already. If gws don’t see a spot for him in the team I can see them letting him go this year and getting abit of value out of him. Just can’t see how he breaks his way into their midfield

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see him going.

But if anyone thinks they aren't paying overs to break him free of the contract they are being silly.

We are good at the trade table to our players as last year showed but we won't be rolled when it's in our favour.

Yes, you generally dont * around.

I think an early second rounder and another pick upgrade, with a full salary dump is a likely scenario.

Probably similar value to Setterfield in this scenario.

I haven’t been following him that closely since he has been drafted.

Has he had any injury concerns or flare ups from his knee injuries?

He would be worth perhaps a future second round (and maybe some late change added).

Average at neafl level. Would be heading for the scrap heap if he wasn't a high pick
Lol, no he wouldn't.

The kid is in his second year and can't quite crack one of the best sides in the comp.

He looked very promising last year when he got a crack in the seniors and has been named in the best 5 out of 9 games in the two's.

Seen our midfield and fwds?

One of the hardest to get into.

Hately has taken his spot so has fallen down the list a bit but is still thought well of.

Pretty much any other side he would of got a go this year.
It’s going to even more difficult next year with the academy kid coming in. He’s going to want games at some point.

Back