• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
Can't help but shake the feeling he's brought in to help his mate LDU as much as anything.
I think you're really understating Bonar's ability. He will be an incredibly good player for North. So disappointed we couldn't get the best out of him and build a midfield around his talent and work ethic.

I think you're really understating Bonar's ability. He will be an incredibly good player for North. So disappointed we couldn't get the best out of him and build a midfield around his talent and work ethic.

Oh I have no doubt about that, I'm not underestimating him.

I reckon we're looking to replicate the Stingrays midfield partnership.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
You can't seriously be unhappy with the current midfield you've "built"? We would have gladly taken Kelly or Tarranto off your hands instead if it would help you sleep better at night.

Jun 6, 2011
Goonellebah
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Islanders
You can't seriously be unhappy with the current midfield you've "built"? We would have gladly taken Kelly or Tarranto off your hands instead if it would help you sleep better at night.
I'm not at all. Sorry it came across that way. I just really rate Aiden as a player and person.

I'm not at all. Sorry it came across that way. I just really rate Aiden as a player and person.

We clearly do too, giving him Scooter's old number straight off the bat.

Why wouldn't they gave him 8 next to LDU?

Bailey Scott would have a good claim on his old man's number.

Tarryn Thomas too. Phil Krakouer and Daniel Wells had it.

Is this the guy that had two knee reco's before he was even drafted ?

That's him, was rated best under 16 player in the country before them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

by Popular Mechanics or Street Machine ?

Bonar shaped as an early selection at this year's NAB AFL Draft a long way out before he was hit by a knee reconstruction in the lead-up to Vic Country's under-16 championships in 2015.

He means citation needed, given Bonar didn't even play in the U16 Championships due to injury.
These things are very subjective, but he is regularly described as being the best 15 or 16 yo in the country pre injury ( including about 50 times on the draft night that year. I remember every time the champion data rankings were bought up they mentioned he was excluded but was regarded as the best player blah blah) . Obviously there is a bit of hyperbole with the rating of young guys, especially if they have a detour of some sorts..... But It is not like he pulled the comment from no where

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So.....

An intelligent young fella who is struggling a little in understanding positioning to go with his lack of confidence. A bit of work to do be done. The club at least sees where the focus needs to be with Aiden, so that's a solid start.

He did during one passage of play( match sim) display some of his talent. Swooped on a loose ball and hit the jets and blew off those trying to run him down, when you couple that speed with his strength you can really understand why North thought him worth a go.

A long road ahead but sheesh he could in a couple years be one of those rare solid gold nuggets from a dog turd pick trade.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
So.....

An intelligent young fella who is struggling a little in understanding positioning to go with his lack of confidence. A bit of work to do be done. The club at least sees where the focus needs to be with Aiden, so that's a solid start.

He did during one passage of play( match sim) display some of his talent. Swooped on a loose ball and hit the jets and blew off those trying to run him down, when you couple that speed with his strength you can really understand why North thought him worth a go.

A long road ahead but sheesh he could in a couple years be one of those rare solid gold nuggets from a dog turd pick trade.
Just need him to avoid any serious injuries. Two ACL already.

I reckon he is a ripper and you'll do well with him. Those injuries would have hampered his development which is probably why he needs a bit work on positioning and alike.
I would have liked to keep him.

The club really rates him. Still very young and showed a lot as a medium defender.

Really happy for him.
I'm still hopeful he becomes a really good player.
I don't watch him as closely as you guys probably do these days, but I ve seen a few signs he will be a good player.

Really happy for him.
I'm still hopeful he becomes a really good player.
I don't watch him as closely as you guys probably do these days, but I ve seen a few signs he will be a good player.
Just seemed lost as a midfielder and forward, but the game is simplified for him down back. Allows him to use his strength, leap and pace properly.

Back