Current Aiia - International student murdered near Bundoora shopping centre Codey Hermann charged

* Codey Hermann charged with one count of rape and one count of murder

Homicide Squad detectives are looking at whether a murdered woman found near a Melbourne shopping centre was stalked and sexually assaulted.

The woman's body was discovered by passers-by in scrub on Main Drive near Plenty Road in Bundoora about 7am.

“It’s apparent, or seems, the female has been assaulted,” Detective Inspector Andrew Stamper said during a press conference this afternoon.

The woman may have caught the 86 tram from the city around 11pm yesterday, and was possibly followed, Detective Inspector Stamper said.

Detective Inspector Stamper urged anyone with information to come forward.

“We really need the public’s assistance on this one."

b.png

aia.png

She was found at the tram stop.

The body of a woman who police say was assaulted before her death has been found at a tram stop in northern Melbourne.

Victoria detectives say they are looking for someone who was travelling on the number 86 tram from Melbourne’s CBD to the suburb of Bundoora between 11pm on Tuesday and 1am on Wednesday.
Police were called to the corner of Plenty Road and Mai Drive in Bundoora early this morning after a passer-by found the body of the woman.

https://www.news.com.au/national/cr...p/news-story/922af8f9604b65f88da6031213d1e73c

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
So *potentially* another nightmare case of stalk/rape/murder of random female..

Seriously, what % of us males are absolute psycho ****s?
And how can we root them out before they do this sheet?

Just reported victim is believed to be an international student, here on a scholarship, 23yo

Is just so ******* sad. And infuriating.

And one more reminder to me who has a tram stop near my home, which i most likely wont be using late at night

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
So she was still breathing when she was found? That is horrific, she must have been lying there all night.

She was on the phone to her sister at the time of the attack. This is just so terrible .. no words.

Police have released images of a young Israeli student from security camera footage taken the night she was murdered outside a Melbourne shopping centre.

Photos of a T-shirt and cap found near her body yesterday morning have also been released as Victoria Police continue to hunt for the killer.

They believe the clothing may have been left there by her killer.

Detectives believe Aiia Maasarwe, who went by Aia Masarwe online, had been at a club in North Melbourne on Tuesday night before catching a tram from Bourke Street, in the CBD, at around 11pm.

Relatives said she was on the phone with a sister in Israel when she stepped off the tram in Bundoora, in Melbourne’s north, where she was staying while studying at nearby La Trobe University. The sister is said to have heard the phone fall to the ground.

Police said she had been “seriously assaulted” before her death.

Masarwe’s father has flown to Australia.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...p/news-story/6ea80b6c592eec68c211b33094f74bb7

:(

Why. Just ******* why.

They better catch this sick son of a bitch, fast. Hopefully CCTV footage to follow, soon.

Did he take his clothes off ... ? In the middle of the street ffs. I know Bundoora quite well there's nearly always road and foot traffic even at night.

Looking for the CCTV now, I can't find it yet.

Did he take his clothes off ... ? In the middle of the street ffs. I know Bundoora quite well there's nearly always road and foot traffic even at night.

Looking for the CCTV now, I can't find it yet.

I dont know the area at all, never been. They'll catch him, surely.

I'll tell you something tho- i will never ever use my tram stop at night, never. Even if it is close by to my house, i will just get in the car and go train- at least there's those officers at each of those. Even then usually im just coming back from the footy late at night, so there's lots of ppl around.

It's like Eurydice all over again, Aya had been at a comedy show. Her sister rang the police but it took a passerby in the morning to find her ...? Am I reading this right?

“Her sister was on the phone with her, she was on FaceTime, and she heard what happened,” he said. “The phone has fallen down, but she heard the voices over the phone.”

Detective inspector Andrew Stamper said Masarwe’s sister tried to get in contact with her after the phone dropped out, and then notified police.

Stamper said the phone call took place about 12.10am.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...sarwe-on-video-call-with-sister-when-attacked

bigfarter

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
She was even doing the thing I used to do when walking home late at night - get on the phone so there's someone "with" you if you feel a bit unsafe. The fact that someone's just gone and attacked her anyway indicates just how dedicated the perpetrator was to causing harm. No doubt he'll be found pretty quickly, as they have his clothes and will no doubt have plenty of CCTV to go off. Just so pointless and tragic. Makes my blood boil.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Would be easy to say enough is enough....but it is actually way to much and disgusting. Was too much and adequately highlighted with Jill Meaghsr.

How do we tolerate this as a society?

How do we accept domestic violence and wanton, random, opportunistic acts like this consistently?

Stop reporting road deaths and start reporting this to keep it front and centre.

Start with those that object to Gillette this week, I mean, really?

How many more have to senselessly and violently die before it is not OK?

Back