Ain’t nothing like the sound of the Rickenbaker - what are your favourites?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears, Perth Scorchers
Correct, nothing like that sound. I have one myself. Always loved the look of them since I saw the old Beatles footage. Through a Vox AC30 is sublime.

John Lennon was a gun guitar player, very underrated on his Rickenbacker. They sure aren't a one trick pony.

Mar 25, 2021
Omnipresent
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears, Perth Scorchers
I have a 2012 Gibson 61 Sg reissue myself... beautiful guitar. My second guitar is a Tony Iommi sig Epiphone which holds its own, great pick ups.
Nice. As popular as they are I just don't like the weight of a Les Paul. Plus for me they always feel like they pull to one side due to the uneven weight, especially when sitting down. Great guitars though.

SG's are much lighter and easier to handle. That's why Angus chose them I believe.

I've got a Gibson semi hollow and that is easy to handle.

On a side note Paul Mccartney prefers his hollow Hofner to his Rickenbacker bass due to the weight. He mentions it in that Get Back doco.

Don't forget Rickenbackers basses, those things are beasts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kim Scott from The Mark of Cain loves the Rickenbacker, his brother on guitar plays a Rickenbacker too. Nothing flashy about these guys, straight ahead sort of punk rock I guess (or maybe they're just hard rock, whatever, they're awesome)

And yes this is where my Bigfooty name comes from!

Love 'em!
Ill At Ease is a classic album.
Used to watch them live, back in the 90s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back