Status
Not open for further replies.

CBSlogger

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Half cut, just got home, came on here for a sneak peak before heading to bed..... no game day thread?

I'll give it a crack, never done this before, little nervous tbh, forgive me Gaso.

As far as i can tell this is a win win win win game.

The naysayers have all but disappeared, cause Maj has been magnificent. Even the most obtuse of us can now see the light. Congrats on fitty big fella, hope the boys get it done for you.

Waitey is hanging up the boots, finishing up a proud North man who gave more than most of us expected. Even on the way out I'll probably have a bet on him for most goals such is the ability still left in his tank. Feel like he'll call himself a North man when all us said and done.

We should beat the Saints but who the hell knows. Brad has gone into full loyalty mode to finish 2018 (since June really), backing in all 'n sundry despite anything and everything that ever suggested he shouldn't. Beating the Saints should be straightforward but what else has gone to script this year?

Anyhoo, a win gets us a 12-win season which would have been laughed down in March, and pick 10 for our middle-of-the-ladder meddling. A loss locks in pick 7 which may just net us a jet.....just saying.

FWIW I'd rather win and continue driving the winning culture, like no one else we are North Melbourne after all.

Half cut, just got home, came on here for a sneak peak before heading to bed..... no game day thread?

I'll give it a crack, never done this before, little nervous tbh, forgive me Gaso.

The naysayers have all but disappeared, cause Maj has been magnificent. Even the most obtuse of us can now see the light. Congrats on fitty big fella, hope the boys get it done for you.

Waitey is hanging up the boots, finishing up a proud North man who gave more than most of us expected. Even on the way out I'll probably have a bet on him for most goals such is the ability still left in his tank. Feel like he'll call himself a North man when all us said and done.

We should beat the Saints but who the hell knows. Brad has gone into full loyalty mode to finish 2018 (since June really), backing in all 'n sundry despite anything and everything that ever suggested he shouldn't. Beating the Saints should be straightforward but what else has gone to script this year?

Anyhoo, a win gets us a 12-win season which would have been laughed down in March, and pick 10 for our middle-of-the-ladder meddling. A loss locks in pick 7 which may just net us a jet.....just saying.

FWIW I'd rather win and continue driving the winning culture, like no one else we are North Melbourne after all.
Nice work ol mate, you can’t be too pissed because you managed to squeeze in the word obtuse at 2.30am EST.

Happy 50th Maj, happy retirement W80, happy coleman BBB, goodbye 2018 and bring on 2019.

if we win we finish 10th in front of * and a loss results in 12th behind *.

get the feeling dodoro would try and shaft us and nominate TT in their first round. a win could mean we ship our first rounder off somewhere so it's not 'wasted' on TT, a loss could mean potentially two first round picks, hmmmmmm

with this the game day for this year:
Scamper, My Little Geelong Cat:
Scamper (3).JPG
and
Mozzie the Mini Aussie:
545440_b897b4591f2a0b9a733e820798fb37e2.jpg

both say the following:

Brown will find it hard to get the 8 to win the Coleman but something magical happens gets to 7 and equals Jack or passes him would be Fantastic.
But still won't get him AA selection as that's been already decided with Jack Buddy Hawkins Grundy Breust and a mid fielder to be the forward line.
As North Supporters if Brown misses out you can blame Luke Darcy a well known North hater plus other members of the AA panel.

Pick 7 won't mean anything for us, as it's going to Port, and will likely be pick 10.

We should win, but it's possible we won't.

2018 has been an incredibly frustrating year for me as a supporter and I'll be happy when it's over. The style of footy in the competition right now is garbage, and the umpiring is woefully abysmal. They are literally deciding a significant amount of matches.

North by an inefficient 17 points.

I am still basking in my Polec post that received the highest likes personally ever since 2002 OP. so yeh I am metaphorically sitting on a Point Cook beach relaxing.

The biggest dilemma of the day is do I make the effort to attend this meaningless result of a game in the hope that BBB can kick a ton of goals?

North by 99 points

I am still basking in my Polec post that received the highest likes personally ever since 2002 OP. so yeh I am metaphorically sitting on a Point Cook beach relaxing.

The biggest dilemma of the day is do I make the effort to attend this meaningless result of a game in the hope that BBB can kick a ton of goals?

North by 99 points
E Yes!

Coleman

Everything else is f***ing irrelevant.

Everything else.

This isn't about structure or process or opposition. This is about getting a North man a medal.

Get it f***ing done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Outstanding OP. Only marked you down for allowing "all and sundry" through without the essential BF alteration, but a solid 9/10.

Go Ben Brown. Go with love and thanks, Waitey. And a final chance to cheer and thank the team that won at the SCG and in Perth, beat Hawks, GWS, Eagles and Swans, and ran Richmond soo close, snatched one at the death from Western, and humiliated St Kilda and Carlton. A year that promised little and has delivered much more and some memories that will last forever.

One more win would be lovely. A Coleman would be wonderful. Enjoy the day. Go North.

Coleman

Everything else is f***ing irrelevant.

Everything else.

This isn't about structure or process or opposition. This is about getting a North man a medal.

Get it f***ing done.
Time to let go, OF. Neither Ben or North are in form to let him get seven goals. Waitey will snaffle a few in his farewell you can guarantee that too.

North have selected a very experienced side to close out the season (the equal second oldest side playing this round!) - we have a massive advantage in age and games played.

St Kilda Attribute North Melbourne
187.1cm Height 188.0cm
86.5kg Weight 88.3kg
24yr 5mth Age 26yr 2mth
78.4 Games 114.9

St Kilda Games North Melbourne
7 Less than 50 5
8 50 to 99 6
3 100 to 149 4
4 150 or more 7

God l hate " 4.40 friggin " Sunday twilight games. 23.30 flight to Fiji tonight should ease the pain slightly.

Take the win, snaffle the Coleman, get the trades done and apply the zinc cream.

Forever in my heart and buried with this years away jumper on. Love you North.
Last game of the round for the last two rounds. The AFL really banked on us being awful or wait they just gave us our usual schedule.

Last game of the round for the last two rounds. The AFL really banked on us being awful or wait they just gave us our usual schedule.
Only ways to change this is to improve on and off the field in every department.
Let's see more of our chairman on TV and radio promoting the Club like 2 Chin Eddie does.
Do more moves then a ballerina to get more media support game style need to change to play finals and maybe win a Premiership get more members to join and get them to attend games in Victoria whether it's home or away.
Example :If it's a home game let's start getting crowds of 35k to 50k @ Marvel and 15k to 20 k in Hobart and if it's an away game in Victoria let's start getting between 10k to 20k to away games in Victoria so to give as much support as possible and try to get 5k to 10k to interstate games especially for WA and SA games.
Land a couple of big fish and draft right and finally ban the North Melbourne haters EG: Luke Darcy Roaming Brian Nathan Brown Terry Wallace Jon Ralph and Mark Robinson from anything to do with our club as they all dispise us no interviews no TV give them nothing.

Today reminds me a bit of the last round of 1990. A far better than expected season but by the last round couldn't make the finals. John Longmire couldn't lose the Coleman but needed 4 to get to 100 against Collingwood. North tried everything to get him there and he was good enough to get 10 shots...but we were thrashed and Horse kicked 2.8.

Want to win today but if BBB is in range and laying off handpasses or sharing it around then I'm ripping the 50 off my son's jumper. Not sure what I'll do if he's in space or one out and not getting used.

As it's an away game and we don't have reserved seats, I might change ends every quarter and sit st whatever end BBB is at.

Today reminds me a bit of the last round of 1990. A far better than expected season but by the last round couldn't make the finals. John Longmire couldn't lose the Coleman but needed 4 to get to 100 against Collingwood. North tried everything to get him there and he was good enough to get 10 shots...but we were thrashed and Horse kicked 2.8.

Want to win today but if BBB is in range and laying off handpasses or sharing it around then I'm ripping the 50 off my son's jumper. Not sure what I'll do if he's in space or one out and not getting used.

Let’s hope for tears of joy today MM and not the post game tears of 1990

Only ways to change this is to improve on and off the field in every department.
Let's see more of our chairman on TV and radio promoting the Club like 2 Chin Eddie does.
Do more moves then a ballerina to get more media support game style need to change to play finals and maybe win a Premiership get more members to join and get them to attend games in Victoria whether it's home or away.
Example :If it's a home game let's start getting crowds of 35k to 50k @ Marvel and 15k to 20 k in Hobart and if it's an away game in Victoria let's start getting between 10k to 20k to away games in Victoria so to give as much support as possible and try to get 5k to 10k to interstate games especially for WA and SA games.
Land a couple of big fish and draft right and finally ban the North Melbourne haters EG: Luke Darcy Roaming Brian Nathan Brown Terry Wallace Jon Ralph and Mark Robinson from anything to do with our club as they all dispise us no interviews no TV give them nothing.

I actually reckon Robbo is pretty fair to North. But we should ban him anyway because he's a flog. List needs more Duh-wayne Russell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back