FTA-TV Air Crash Investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Any fans of Air Crash Investigation here?

I enjoy learning about why accidents occurred and what can be done to prevent them in the future.

It's sad that accidents, in many cases, are caused by a chain of preventable events.

Especially when errors, oversights or deliberate actions lead to injury and death.

Will watch it if I'm channel-surfing and it's on. Interesting show and like hearing about how the planes work.

It might seem counter-intuitive but I always thought it might be a good show for people with a fear of flying to watch. Having an idea of how things work and how hard it actually is to accidentally crash a plane might could calm some people.

It might seem counter-intuitive but I always thought it might be a good show for people with a fear of flying to watch. Having an idea of how things work and how hard it actually is to accidentally crash a plane might could calm some people.
It may be work for some but ultimately you are talking about a worst case scenario. You can would be better off touring a plane and having the safety features and pilot & crew training explained. Pity the fear of flying courses are so expensive.

I'm also a fan. I've been watching it for a number of years and I've enjoyed the fact that QANTAS had never made an appearance on the show. And then they had an episode all to themselves a couple of years ago with an absolute doozy of a dilemma. I find the stories, such as the QANTAS episode, where the pilots land the planes safely to be the more interesting episodes because it seems almost impossible to believe that people can survive these kinds of situations.

I know the show has been around but wasn't until maybe a month and half ago I started watching it. Oddly enough it was stemmed from a mate going to Vegas for a buck's holiday and my dad going to China.

Ever since, have been binge watching eps on youtube. Started season 9 I think last night. Watched the Manchester disaster (where the plane caught fire on take off) and when a new Airbus Air France plane crashed after doing a stunt at an air show.

The show is just a great blend of recapping what happened and then providing insights from people involved. Amazing how the investigators can find out the cause of an accident even when the plane crashes into the ocean or into millions of pieces.

Brilliant show. I have experienced some anxiety with flying, so started watching and for a while it did make me feel better, mainly because I came to the conclusion most of the things that happen are fixed never to happen again. Then, I was flying about a year ago and it dawned on me that there are actually enough plane crashes to make a continuing series about plane crashes and had a bit of a panic. My favourite in terms of how they solved the seemingly unsolvable was the Air France flight that disappeared over the Atlantic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably my fave ep is this one (another glider situation) :p

Also, as noted in the comment sections, one of the pilots is a dead ringer for Nigel Farage. :D

My favourite's probably the one where one of the pilots is hanging out his window by his feet.

I remember that one!

Dude survived as well! :eek:

And it's mainly human error. Which is somehow both reassuring and not.

Very true.
Can only think of a couple of eps off the top of my head where it has been mechanical failure, or there has been ice in the fuel or something like that.

Very true.
Can only think of a couple of eps off the top of my head where it has been mechanical failure, or there has been ice in the fuel or something like that.
Most common one I've seen is the pitot tubes being blocked causing an innacurate air speed reading. Still even then it's more the pilots response that causes the accident.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back