Aircraft Purchases

Remove this Banner Ad

Yawn. This thread just follows the same pattern of a 100 other anti liberal threads.

The OP starts with some criticism of the Liberals and the usual suspects jump in with the usual abuse.

Who can be bothered challenging or even engaging in such low brow debate.

translation: I got nothing, so I'm going to obfuscate, avoid the issue, & play the man & not the ball

Yawn. This thread just follows the same pattern of a 100 other anti liberal threads.

The OP starts with some criticism of the Liberals and the usual suspects jump in with the usual abuse.

Who can be bothered challenging or even engaging in such low brow debate.

Easy to be anti when the clowns make it so easy...

Commit to the Joint strike fighter without looking at the alternatives? Ace...

Pay over $6 billion for a dud fighter? Which is worse in just about every aspect than those countries who have different planes in our sphere?

Why don't just admit you have nothing to get around such monumental stupidity?

nelson-incredible.jpg

Six Billion Bucks pissed up against the wall while the dental and hospital systems in Australia are a disaster zone.

The sad part about last night's program was the depth and variety of experienced experts who confirmed the complete stupidity and irrationality involved in this decision.

This government has completely lost the plot. Whitlamesque!!!

This governments stupidity in regards to the ADF has been an ongoing point for more than a few year- lately the defence of this stupidity in regards to Defence spending has been confined to those full on conservative party members-but most of them have left the sinking ship.

There simply isn't an excuse for this.

With a pint sized military, the only possible way for Australia to be a credible military power is to have the best possible equipment- not only does that give us better performance, it makes it easier for us to handle multilateral operations from a logistics point of view.

A defence force is basically a multibillion dollar investment in preparing for the most worst case scenario possible. You can either do it or not (see for example NZ). Since we want to do it, it makes sense to spend whatever is necessary to do it properly- the alternative is to shell out a heap of money and *still* not actually have a credible defence force.

Economically, we at a point in Australia's history where we could afford a massive purchase which could give us value for 30 years, basically the F22 Raptors.

So what are Nelson's priorities here?

So what are Nelson's priorities here?

cleetus is just outclassed by americans salesmen, same as reith, and probably buckets before him.

what kind of an imbecile buys a 20 year old product for the same price as a new one:rolleyes: (and no they have no classic value or collectors value)

where are the Howard cheerleaders on this issue?

Nope I cant defend him or really Nelson on this one. I have done a bit of work in the past with defence contracting (not anything to do with this though) and the staff are very hard to work with.

But this is a big **** up. I need to look more closely into it before I can truly comment however from the looks of it, it is a costly mistake.

Without trying to deviate the from the thread even though I will vote for howard in the upcoming election there is a lot in his party that for me is undesirable. Coonan, Andrews and Abbott (even though he's a nice bloke) are not competent ministers and have truly done **** all in their respective portfolios. I really see myself voting for howard as the devil I know.

Nope I cant defend him or really Nelson on this one. I have done a bit of work in the past with defence contracting (not anything to do with this though) and the staff are very hard to work with.

But this is a big **** up. I need to look more closely into it before I can truly comment however from the looks of it, it is a costly mistake.

Without trying to deviate the from the thread even though I will vote for howard in the upcoming election there is a lot in his party that for me is undesirable. Coonan, Andrews and Abbott (even though he's a nice bloke) are not competent ministers and have truly done **** all in their respective portfolios. I really see myself voting for howard as the devil I know.

:thumbsu:

The latest is the $2 billion FFG upgrade for the 6 FFG's-Adelaide, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Newcastle and Sydney. Due to cost blow outs we had to decommission 2 of the FFG's rather than upgrade them. So the $2 billion price tag for 6 FFG upgrades went to $2 billion for 4 vessels-1/3 of the original number of vessels.

Now in todays Fin Review its come out that their is only 2% of the budgeted $2 billion left over, and they still haven't completed the upgrade on the 1st vessel-with 98% of the budget spent. So the other 3 vessels do not have any money allocated to upgrade them!!

We could have bought brand new FFG for $2 billion let alone just upgrading 1 vessel!

three questions:

1. what kind of a phukcwit would authorise that sort of contract?
2. Does Tenix have anything to do with this?
3. When are we going to shoot nelson?

hill, nelson and reith are 3 of the most incompetent corrupt asswipes.

Im pretty sure labor will be just as bad.

three questions:

Wait to you see the cost of upgrading the Vietnam era APC's

three questions:

Impossible.

General Robert E Hill
Lord "half-wit" Nelson
Peter 'the Undertaker" Wreath

..............a trifecta of quintessential phukcwits :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it's been a massively expensive project which is still going up and there is no cap on what Australia will be liable to pay.

who's to say that manned aircraft will still be a major factor in 10-20 years.

getting them at any cost is a massive risk. of course not getting some modern aircraft is another risk. Defence procurement is never easy.

What we do, is going to be an indicator of who we side with. The establishment and thier nwo, or Trump?

Trump wants the whole thing built in america by americans.

getting them at any cost is a massive risk. of course not getting some modern aircraft is another risk. Defence procurement is never easy.

That's not the daichotomy.

It was a s**t idea to go down this road ten years ago; the government's of both sides are responsible for this * up which anyone can see.

We have to hope that Trump we save us from this lemon.

We have never ever needed fighter jets, apart from one time in ww2 at milne bay and darwin. but then , that could of been avoided.

the only threat to this country comes from american carriers and if they get with range of our populated areas, we're screwed. they will defeated by submarines and nothing else.In particular diesels that can sit on the bottom and rise when they pass, ensuring the phuqers get hit. In the 90's lab started building subs specifically for this task. liberals screwed this up purposely.

You're detached.

This post is utter nonsense, from top to bottom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back