AJ Styles - Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

So are people surprised at how far he has been pushed?

I really just expected him to be a mid card talent fighting for a US Title.
I'm surprised it was this soon.

But I ******* love it. He's been brilliant.

I'm surprised it was this soon.

But I ******* love it. He's been brilliant.

I never really rated him silly me, the bloke is awesome almost my favourite at the moment.

He be back down there after his Feud with Reigns;)

Its normal for a new guy to get a world title shot early. Macho man Randy Savage signed for the wwe back in 1985 and got a title shot against the then world champion in hulk hogan. Savage won by count out. Then in early 1986 Savage got a decent IC title run and the rest was history.

Its normal for a new guy to get a world title shot early. Macho man Randy Savage signed for the wwe back in 1985 and got a title shot against the then world champion in hulk hogan. Savage won by count out. Then in early 1986 Savage got a decent IC title run and the rest was history.
Back in the 80's, the ic was the pinnacle
The world championship was rarely defended on tv or at ppv. It was effectively a marketing tool to get people to non-broadcast shows

As for AJ
I'm surprised he's getting a run, mainly because he doesn't fit the mould of a WWE main eventer

He's a technical wrestler, with moderate (at best) mic and camera skills

Back in the 80's, the ic was the pinnacle
The world championship was rarely defended on tv or at ppv. It was effectively a marketing tool to get people to non-broadcast shows

As for AJ
I'm surprised he's getting a run, mainly because he doesn't fit the mould of a WWE main eventer

He's a technical wrestler, with moderate (at best) mic and camera skills
This is why I'm gutted there are no decent managers any more. If he was wrestling in the 1980s, he had a decent manager like bobby the brain heenan, slick or Jim cormette as his manager to get him over.

This is why I'm gutted there are no decent managers any more. If he was wrestling in the 1980s, he had a decent manager like bobby the brain heenan, slick or Jim cormette as his manager to get him over.
Ladies and Gentleman, my name is Paul Heyman and I am not only the best manager around today, I am the best manager of all time!

Ladies and Gentleman, my name is Paul Heyman and I am not only the best manager around today, I am the best manager of all time!

But no one else accept Paul E is any good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe, but then when you sit back and see its just Vince using a wrestler who has a big following elsewhere as someone to put over Roman Reigns then its no surprise.

If they put the belt on him then that would be a shock! Would be good for business but...

Maybe, but then when you sit back and see its just Vince using a wrestler who has a big following elsewhere as someone to put over Roman Reigns then its no surprise.

If they put the belt on him then that would be a shock! Would be good for business but...

Looks like he will have the belt until the Rumble atleast.

Looks like he will have the belt until the Rumble atleast.

The brand split has helped a lot, along with Reigns drug suspension means both titles are being carried by people you would never expect and both having decent reigns, whether that lasts remains to be seen but on Smackdown at least, AJ doesn't really have the competition worthy of dropping it to

The brand split has helped a lot, along with Reigns drug suspension means both titles are being carried by people you would never expect and both having decent reigns, whether that lasts remains to be seen but on Smackdown at least, AJ doesn't really have the competition worthy of dropping it to
Reminds me of the 2002-2004ish era when there was the brand split of 2 world titles (WWE and world heavy weight belt) 2 midcard belts in US and IC and 2 secondary belts in the cruiserweight in smackdown and Hardcore title in raw

Who does he feud with after the Ambrose thing is done? Brand split really limits things.

Would love to see AJ vs Seth Rollins somehow.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Who does he feud with after the Ambrose thing is done? Brand split really limits things.

Would love to see AJ vs Seth Rollins somehow.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I think it's gotta be Wyatt or Orton.

Maybe Ambrose feuds with Taker, after Ambrose essentially turned on team Smackdown at Survivor Series?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back