AJ's Tip Of The Week

Remove this Banner Ad

ajmart

Debutant
Mar 13, 2002
adelaide
Other Teams
crows
I've finally decided to make my tip for the showdown this week after a week of deciding which way this match will go. I have little motivation for tipping this match because I am undecided where I want the Crows to finish at the end of the minor round but ofcourse I would like nothing better than for us to beat the PAPS (maybe a premiership would be better)!

However I do believe that this game will be decided on whether or not a lesser light for us can stand up and take the game by the scruff of the neck due to the absence of Ricciuto and Goodwin. I think the rucks will be an even duel even though everyone raves on about Primus but Rhett is in just as good a form as Primus. Midfield and running backmen will be an even contest with Kingsley out and probably Hardwick, that could tip it in our favour.

Smart will do the job on Tredrea and Kenny has come along really well this year so either he or Ben Hart will get Cornes. I think Stevo has too higher work rate for any of the Power defenders so I think he'll win his battle with whoever he gets. It will be a good contest and whatever the result, we are a certainty to beat them in the finals.:)

Verdict: Adelaide by 21 points

NB: One thing I am not able to predict is the excuse Mark Williams will come up with when they lose to us ;) - Injuries?, suspension?, hard training? or will we get something original this week.

I've finally tipped the Crows afer nearly changing my mind. The build up re who is playing and who's not reminds me of the finals. I certainly feel really anxious about the result

Never before to me has the outcome of the midfield battle been so crucial. The Crows do need a few to step to an even higher level for this game as Francou and Carr will make it tough. It will be a big test for Kane Johnson who is a key for the Crows.

Originally posted by ajmart

NB: One thing I am not able to predict is the excuse Mark Williams will come up with when they lose to us ;) - Injuries?, suspension?, hard training? or will we get something original this week.

How about...

"Weve no excuses. Adelaide were just to good on the day....They will be a real force in the finals when they get back the likes of Ricciuto, Goodwin, Welsh and Bassett."

Originally posted by ajmart
I've finally decided to make my tip for the showdown this week after a week of deciding which way this match will go. I have little motivation for tipping this match because I am undecided where I want the Crows to finish at the end of the minor round but ofcourse I would like nothing better than for us to beat the PAPS (maybe a premiership would be better)!

However I do believe that this game will be decided on whether or not a lesser light for us can stand up and take the game by the scruff of the neck due to the absence of Ricciuto and Goodwin. I think the rucks will be an even duel even though everyone raves on about Primus but Rhett is in just as good a form as Primus. Midfield and running backmen will be an even contest with Kingsley out and probably Hardwick, that could tip it in our favour.

Smart will do the job on Tredrea and Kenny has come along really well this year so either he or Ben Hart will get Cornes. I think Stevo has too higher work rate for any of the Power defenders so I think he'll win his battle with whoever he gets. It will be a good contest and whatever the result, we are a certainty to beat them in the finals.:)

Verdict: Adelaide by 21 points

Think you might just like to change that tip? And don't worry, Mark Williams does not give excuses, not that he has much cause to. He leaves that to those experienced in that side of coaching, like Gary Ayres.

Gary Ayers never makes excuses! He just says what happens, like most coaches, atleast he doesn't complain about the tribunal for cases that were correct calls.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back