Aker

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Acker

No. Aker has had a very good season and has no major injuries. He has at least one more season and probably two left in him.
I would say the same for Brad Johnson as well.

On a side note: I've always been confused as to why some people shorten 'Akermanis' to 'Acker'. Surely you'd minus the 'c' and shorten it to 'Aker'.

Anyway, he's had a good season and has 1 more in him.

Unbelievable shocking spelling.

But one big difference is though

Jason Akermanis has one year left to run on his contract, and he is not nursing a degenerative knee condition/injury.

Scott West has ran off contract and does have a degenerative knee condition/injury.

Yeah i believe Aker has one more year left in him as well.

I guess the same goes for Johnson as well.

Geeez imagine this time next year both Aker and Johnson possibly gone :(.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aker would want to go out at the top of his game, so I think he'd be more likely to call it a day on his own terms.

I think its outrageous to suggest Aker is past it.
He was one of the brownlow favourites early in the season he was playing that well.
Thought he was a reasonable contributor in the finals also.

For instance - in the Sydney game - in the third quarter - he may have only got it a few times - but I was watching him and his workrate was enormous off the ball and the touches he did have were crucial.

His ability to finish on left or right foot is still unbelievable - and he can still get it out of the middle.

Will be a very important player next year. We need all the smart players we can get.

He's been on just about every footy show this week, I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves midway through this program to jon the channel 9 gf breakfast show.

On a side note: I've always been confused as to why some people shorten 'Akermanis' to 'Acker'. Surely you'd minus the 'c' and shorten it to 'Aker'.

Finally someone has said something, I was just about to but then read this comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back