Akermanis at it again...

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its pretty accurate, i dont have a problem with it. There are no surprises in what he said. Paid some compliments to him but also said a few home truths.

I don't find any of it surprising. Every footy club has guys that are seen to be treated unfairly, too fairly or not regarded at all. It's all about perspective.

Enjoyable read. But like everything Aker now says about the Bulldogs, you have to question his motives for saying it. Which is a shame, because I'd put a lot more weight behind his thoughts if he hadn't behaved like such a buffoon over the last couple of months.

While some of it may be true, I think his motives for writing the article are questionable. After all, he has been quoted in the media as saying that he wanted to bring down the club. I'm sure that he'd love to cause even more instability at the Bulldogs.

Aker would be a super troll on Bigfooty. I didn't think he played for Sydney so how would he know about Adam Goodes? He's doing his best to **** things up for us this week.

How do you know he isn't?

BTW, just because he didn't play for Sydney it doesn't mean he wouldn't have heard things said about what goes on at other clubs.

Aker is living proof of the complete failure of the current education system.

Any other time in history, by the age of 21, his personality would have attracted a number of spontaneous lessons from his peers, who would only naturally have obliged him with a nose re-arrangement. Historically, there is good evidence that following only a few repetitions, there was every chance that Aker would have transitioned into a decent adult.

Unfortunately, the do-gooder pedagogues in our community have messed with the primal forces of nature and interfered in adolescent development and betrayed many like Akermanis. Kids who just needed a firm hand, have instead been indulged, spoilt, and encouraged in their over developed self absorption. Without this correction kids with Aker's disposition are destined to become life time douche bags.

This is a classic example of adolescent *ation. Interestingly, there is a psycho-sexual aspect to the pathology, namely the adult male will unconsciously continue to behave like a "bitch", quite unwittingly asking to be slapped - the slap he missed out on. It is all rather sad really - but what can you do?

On Rockets Favourites and un-favourites. I reckon its about listening and following instructions.

We oly see what those players do on-field, but we dont know what they are supposed to be doing.

"Rocket also jumped off Josh Hill, and one thing is for sure, Josh won't put his body on the line because he wants to feel loved by his coach.

He has also jumped off Brodie Moles, Andrejs Everitt and Brennan Stack at times. All these guys can play and under a different style of coaching they could be consistent AFL players"

Probably makes sense why Hill has gone down hill (no pun intended) this year. Everitt will probably look to go elsewhere at the end of this season.

Any other time in history, by the age of 21, his personality would have attracted a number of spontaneous lessons from his peers, who would only naturally have obliged him with a nose re-arrangement. Historically, there is good evidence that following only a few repetitions, there was every chance that Aker would have transitioned into a decent adult.

Unfortunately, the do-gooder pedagogues in our community have messed with the primal forces of nature and interfered in adolescent development and betrayed many like Akermanis. Kids who just needed a firm hand, have instead been indulged, spoilt, and encouraged in their over developed self absorption. Without this correction kids with Aker's disposition are destined to become life time douche bags.

This is a classic example of adolescent *ation. Interestingly, there is a psycho-sexual aspect to the pathology, namely the adult male will unconsciously continue to behave like a "bitch", quite unwittingly asking to be slapped - the slap he missed out on. It is all rather sad really - but what can you do?

ahahah It's a little bit like how plastic surgery is altering the natural selection process.

Probably makes sense why Hill has gone down hill (no pun intended) this year. Everitt will probably look to go elsewhere at the end of this season.

Hill has been given plenty of chances and consistently failed to do simple things. He has also failed to show any improvement in those areas for Williamstown. Josh Hill is Josh Hill's worst enemy. He can still turn it around if HE wants to. If he wants to leave then fine, a new coach won't change the fact that he has to take ownership of his own deficiencies.

Hill has been given plenty of chances and consistently failed to do simple things. He has also failed to show any improvement in those areas for Williamstown. Josh Hill is Josh Hill's worst enemy. He can still turn it around if HE wants to. If he wants to leave then fine, a new coach won't change the fact that he has to take ownership of his own deficiencies.

I thought the comment was pretty clear. Hill looks like he wont put his body on the line for whatever personal reasons... that says enough. If he wont put his body on the line, he should ask to be traded. He's wasted space on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cant believe someone wrote this - Love you Aker. Still digging at Eage, Johnson and Gia all of which I agree with. Bad luck Doggies, another wasted year. Time to move Eade on and good to see Johnson has finally retired. About 4 seasons too late for mine. Gia is as soft as they come when it comes to getting the hard ball and is simply not suited to finals footy. Similar to spinners not being suited to the WACA.

How can you possibily say Johnno should have retired in 06.

Abit from Wikipedia -

In 2006 he was chosen as captain of the Bulldogs following the injury of Luke Darcy and also as captain of the All Australian Team. Johnson capped off his 2006 season finishing second in the Coleman Medal with 70 goals, an amazing feat considering that he had played the final 11 games of the season with a shoulder injury that later required surgery

I cant believe someone wrote this - Love you Aker. Still digging at Eage, Johnson and Gia all of which I agree with. Bad luck Doggies, another wasted year. Time to move Eade on and good to see Johnson has finally retired. About 4 seasons too late for mine. Gia is as soft as they come when it comes to getting the hard ball and is simply not suited to finals footy. Similar to spinners not being suited to the WACA.

How can you possibily say Johnno should have retired in 06.

Abit from Wikipedia -

In 2006 he was chosen as captain of the Bulldogs following the injury of Luke Darcy and also as captain of the All Australian Team. Johnson capped off his 2006 season finishing second in the Coleman Medal with 70 goals, an amazing feat considering that he had played the final 11 games of the season with a shoulder injury that later required surgery

Please refrain from reading the comments sections that follow Aker's articles. They're not going to help you in any way whatsoever.

There is not too much wrong with the article.

I would argue that pretty much everything that e has said is pretty obvious and has all been spoken about here on BF.

Hill will succeed in another system - watch this space.

Johnno didn't hit lead up players for a long time - tried to do a lot of it himself.

The big rodent - well enough said about him.

Skinny and Stack - looks right to me. Stack at least had a good amount of consistent opportunity during the year and showed only an inkling that he will make it. Not ready yet. Skinny - been completely mismanaged.

He actually does mention a number of positives about Eade and it is not at all derogatory. It is basically saying that Eade may have run his race - which many of us agree with. His message is stale and needs a rework. The way history portrays Eade will be very interesting. He will not go down as one of the great coaches. He will be considered a good tactical thinker whose game plans were all one dimensional and was unable to adapt to any sort of difficult situation. A lack of a flag will damn him to the also rans. He has been a good coach for us and will be remembered as such, however if he left on Monday after we lose, then he will have left a list on the slide and achieved nothing more than Wallace did -although he had a much worse list to start off with.

Absolutely LOVE this :thumbsu:
Perfect description...a life time douche bag...that's made my day :D

I read the article in the paper this morning and thought to myself "how many people will whinge about this today". Happened to be the first thread on the Bulldog board.

He's spot on. Disregarding if he should have said anything or not (i couldn't care less to be honest) he is on the money.

I read the article in the paper this morning and thought to myself "how many people will whinge about this today". Happened to be the first thread on the Bulldog board.

He's spot on. Disregarding if he should have said anything or not (i couldn't care less to be honest) he is on the money.

Which parts appealed to you in particular, and why did they?

Agreed. Because Aker wrote it everyone says it must be BS or sour grapes. If it was Dermie/Garry Lyon/Walls etc.. no one would question it. It was an even handed article (for a change) that should be taken seriously by the club board in our end of season football review.

Which parts appealed to you in particular, and why did they?

Specifically:

He has also jumped off Brodie Moles, Andrejs Everitt and Brennan Stack at times. All these guys can play and under a different style of coaching they could be consistent AFL players

I actually asked a BF poster who is known to have spoken to Eade a few times a question the other day (that went unanswered, after a personal dig) about this very issue. I was of the opinion that Everitt's form may have something to do in how he is handled by Eade.

Rocket gets a lot of his info from journos and in return will give up info that the journos can use.

This being the double standard that Akermanis talked about on The Footy Show when he was sacked. Eade manipulates the media and the spin that comes out of the club. He does it well too, but i disliked the hypocrisy that came with it in the press conference.

It may be the quality of cattle, but the question will be asked whether three prelims and one Grand Final in 12 years is good enough.

The same question i have been asking. His record suggests he struggles massively to take the next step. Preliminary finals may be good, but again, as i posted last week, teams with similar finals records as us (and i grant Eade is not the only coach in the period) have far superior records (all having won at least 2 flags).

They were probably the main parts i cared about. The "playing favourites" part is par for the course. It happens everywhere at every level.

Specifically:

I actually asked a BF poster who is known to have spoken to Eade a few times a question the other day (that went unanswered, after a personal dig) about this very issue. I was of the opinion that Everitt's form may have something to do in how he is handled by Eade.

This being the double standard that Akermanis talked about on The Footy Show when he was sacked. Eade manipulates the media and the spin that comes out of the club. He does it well too, but i disliked the hypocrisy that came with it in the press conference.

The same question i have been asking. His record suggests he struggles massively to take the next step. Preliminary finals may be good, but again, as i posted last week, teams with similar finals records as us (and i grant Eade is not the only coach in the period) have far superior records (all having won at least 2 flags).

They were probably the main parts i cared about. The "playing favourites" part is par for the course. It happens everywhere at every level.

Cheers.

I don't think you can call Eade releasing information and using the media as a tool, and not allowing particular players to do so a "double standard". The coach sets the rules and can pretty much do as he pleases, the players don't have the same discretionary powers in most cases and nor should they.

Everitt and Hill's development concerns me, and while I believe they've not set the world on fire for different reasons other than how they've been managed, I'm open to the possibility that Eade hasn't managed them well and potentially isn't capable of getting through to them. Stack and Moles are a different story. I don't think Eade dropping them is a sign of him "jumping off" them. Coaches tinker with the make up of teams throughout the season all the time and fringe players are either the beneficiaries or victims of the process. Both have been given pretty good exposure this year.

I've been debating whether we've had the cattle over the last few years to go all the way and if Eade's coaching has held us back. We missed a great opportunity last year and I don't think we did because of coaching issues. This year, I really don't know........but where there's life there's hope (however misguided that hope might be)!

He has also jumped off Brodie Moles, Andrejs Everitt and Brennan Stack at times. All these guys can play and under a different style of coaching they could be consistent AFL players

That is the dissappointing thing for me. That Everitt, Hill and Stack have all talent, and yet have gone backwards in the last year and we havn't even seen them at their best. For a side that lacks run and outside players, that really dissappoints me. They all appear without confidence and none have cemented a spot in the side.
I am not blaming anyone in particular because I don't know what the reasons are, but there is a flaw in the system somewhere and we need to really fix this problem as we have so many talented youngsters coming through, and for us to win a premiership in the next couple of years we need to get the best out of our talent.

I just look at Sydney, they pick Jetta and Dennis Lane(both first year players) and both have more confidence in how they play and influence games, then Hill and Stack that have been on our list for a number of years. IMO, something just doesn't add up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back