Festerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2019
///comet.repair.export
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PAFC Maggies SANFL, ASU Sun Devils
In a major investigation, the Sydney Morning Herald has uncovered multiple allegations against Alan Jones during his controversial radio and sporting career.

Witnesses have alleged that Jones used his position of power to prey on a number of young men, indecently assaulting them, groping or inappropriately touching them without their consent.

Jones denies the allegations.

Alan Jones, the darling of the longstanding darling of ageing conservatives, was Australia's Jimmy Saville? Who would have thought.

In a major investigation, the Sydney Morning Herald has uncovered multiple allegations against Alan Jones during his controversial radio and sporting career.

Witnesses have alleged that Jones used his position of power to prey on a number of young men, indecently assaulting them, groping or inappropriately touching them without their consent.

Jones denies the allegations.

Alan Jones, the darling of the longstanding darling of ageing conservatives, was Australia's Jimmy Saville? Who would have thought.

I'd probably add "allegedly" somewhere in that last sentence*

*No, I am not, for one minute, defending Alan Jones.

What's an alleged number 8 supposed to allegedly do?

I'd probably add "allegedly" somewhere in that last sentence*

*No, I am not, for one minute, defending Alan Jones.
The word 'alleged/allegations' is in every line of my post. And the last sentence is posed as a question not a statement bsed on the content of the published article. So no change needed. Cheers.

Last edited:
As a young gay man in Sydney, I’d heard stories from a fair range of people. To be fair, the stories I’d heard had always been creepy and weird but had always gone right up to the line to stay within the general bounds of propriety (or at most a grey zone). So not an enormous surprise, but certainly so that this story has been published (albeit after his forced retirement).

To the shock of no one.

Jones' wandering hands are well known within Sydney private school circles.
not across the lifestyles of sydneys rich and famous - but even ive heard rumours about harbour boat cruises involving jones and friends

like mckenzie, mclymont isnt an amateur and this story would have been heavily vetted before hitting the send button

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideas_Surprised_Pikachu_HD.jpg

Who would have thought.
If you'd heard the London Toilet story and other rumours, pretty much everybody, but maybe not to the point of sexual assault but then again Grammar School Boy and we know the s**t that they get up to (apologies to all the Public School Boys that weren't psychopaths and sexual predators statistically speaking you probably exist).

Wonder if Alan will go the Kevin Spacey route.

If you'd heard the London Toilet story and other rumours, pretty much everybody, but maybe not to the point of sexual assault but then again Grammar School Boy and we know the s**t that they get up to.

Wonder if Alan will go the Kevin Spacey route.

My view on the public toilet story involving Jones has changed over the years as I became more informed of the anti-gay bias of police and justice systems across the world.

There was a time when homosexual acts were a crime wherever they took place - including in Australia until they were finally made legal across Australia in 1994.

Police deliberately baiting suspected homosexuals in public toilets, parks etc. to secure indecency charges was a disgraceful abuse of police powers imho. It was a culture that facilitated 'gay bashing' and led to the drowning of an Adelaide University academic by SA police without a single charge being laid. That incident led to SA leading the world in the reform of laws relating to homosexuality.

In my humble opinion, today's allegations have absolutely nothing to do with Alan Jones' sexuality. And they have zero relevance to charges laid under homophobic laws and attitudes from 35 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back