Politics Alan Jones and the Send-a-Sock campaign

Over the years he has gone after plenty of men and said far worse, but we all fall apart when he says something mean to a woman.

Why is that? Is she weak and needs our protection?
No, he's weak and is an embarrassment to men everywhere.

Isnt it just a cranky old man saying "put a sock in it" ?

Do people care when he goes after men? Or only women? If only women, why?
Yep people care when he goes after men. The Wagner family cared and successfully sued him as have a number of other people.

A simple google search would have answered your question.

Maybe he should take his own advice "put a sock in it" given it was a harmless saying.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep people care when he goes after men. The Wagner family cared and successfully sued him as have a number of other people.

Maybe he should take his own advice "put a sock in it" given it was a harmless saying.

But the advertisers didnt run for the hills. There wasnt mass outrage from people who never listen to him anyway.

Yet here we are and he is evil because.... woman ?

But the advertisers didnt run for the hills. There wasnt mass outrage from people who never listen to him anyway.

No we are here because he has form. Words matter regardless if male of female and have consequences.
That's all.

In the current climate, any suggestion of violence against women is going to met with resistance.

The weird part is it wasn't the worst thing he said that week (e.g. his 'give her a few backhanders' commentary). I'd guess that if it was a one-off it wouldn't have generated anywhere near the current level of outrage.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

The Wagner family rightfully sued him because Jones wrongfully waged a campaign saying that a retainer wall at there quarry near Helidon was responsible for causing the deaths of people in Grantham by diverting flood waters through the town. Jones was wrong. This all came to a head because Jones had it in for the Wagner family after they built an owned the new International & Domestic Toowoomba airport at Wellcamp. Alan Jones sister’s land was affected by the building of this airport.

Sainteric

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Do you advocate that we increase our foreign aid budget considering your concern for displaced people?
Nope I've seen that in action in PNG, it just lined the elites pockets. The Chinese are better than us at it openly bribe them then steal the resources.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In the current climate, any suggestion of violence against women is going to met with resistance.

The weird part is it wasn't the worst thing he said that week (e.g. his 'give her a few backhanders' commentary). I'd guess that if it was a one-off it wouldn't have generated anywhere near the current level of outrage.

Which is my point. For decades he has led nasty campaigns against individuals and organisations. He has accepted cash for advertising and dressed it up personal opinion. There are lawsuits. And of course his speedy exit from a British rugby tour.

But he is mean to a woman, who frankly wields a large amount of power, and the world is ending.

Its not like he went after Joan the CWA volunteer.

The Wagner family rightfully sued him because Jones wrongfully waged a campaign saying that a retainer wall at there quarry near Helidon was responsible for causing the deaths of people in Grantham by diverting flood waters through the town. Jones was wrong. This all came to a head because Jones had it in for the Wagner family after they built an owned the new International & Domestic Toowoomba airport at Wellcamp. Alan Jones sister’s land was affected by the building of this airport.
Sports socks for him then, they are thicker.:)
I knew that but thanks for repeating what an a-hole he is using a public forum for his personal causes.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Sports socks for him then, they are thicker.:)
I knew that but thanks for repeating what an a-hole he is using a public forum for his personal causes.
He does fight a lot of causes you and your friends would agree with. He also fights a lot more that you wouldn’t.

He does fight a lot of causes you and your friends would agree with. He also fights a lot more that you wouldn’t.
He most likely wouldn't fight for some of the causes that I believe in however is besides the point as doesn't necessarily excuse the times he gets it wrong and puts his foot in it.

Monniehawk

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Monbulk, Upwey, Strathmore, St Alba
What are your thoughts? I promise ShanDog or Malifice will delete any posts aimed at derailing your discussion points.
Jones' comments are deplorable, but he descends into polemics that are based solely on his hatred of anything that isn't way to the right. There is little analysis other than confected outrage and vitriol. Unfortunately this isn't just specific to him, but too many other posters submit polarised comments that actually seek to shore up entrenched positions either side of the divide. This is the norm of this particular thread.
There are some great posters on BF and I enjoy their input (Roylion, et al), because they support their assertions with reason and moderation without resorting to strawman arguments.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
And why/how did Rudd stop them? I seem you trying to argue that the Alp policy change ie scrapping Howards policy wouldnt result in more boats coming. Well that was certainly wrong.

Thats why Rudd had to backtrack.
I wouldn't waste your breath. He and his comrades are delusional and just make crap up. You can't debate fictional "facts".

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions

It wasn't just any woman. It was an extreme left wing communist woman who continually tells a Liberal Federal government what they are doing wrong. The LTDFs love and idolise her.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Jones' comments are deplorable, but he descends into polemics that are based solely on his hatred of anything that isn't way to the right. There is little analysis other than confected outrage and vitriol. Unfortunately this isn't just specific to him, but too many other posters submit polarised comments that actually seek to shore up entrenched positions either side of the divide. This is the norm of this particular thread.
There are some great posters on BF and I enjoy their input (Roylion, et al), because they support their assertions with reason and moderation without resorting to strawman arguments.
Strawman argument like Rudd stopped the boats? LOL. You need to stop being so biased. Both sides have weak arguments at times. The difference is that weak left arguments never get deleted and the left posters never get banned.

Last edited:

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Alan Jones is a beacon of truth and reason consistantly at the top of his dog eat dog talk back ratings caper. Is going no where. The corporate virtue signallers going public with plans to "drop" Jones are just self absorbed free speech bullies. Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Alan Jones is a voice of reason and his truth telling has him consistantly at the top of his talk back ratings caper. Is going no where. The corporate virtue signallers going public with plans to "drop" Jones are just self absorbed free speech bullies.
Please, he's a nasty old queen who needs to be put out to pasture. If he can't even be honest about himself, what else do you think he lies about?

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Alan Jones is a beacon of truth and reason consistantly at the top of his dog eat dog talk back ratings caper. Is going no where. The corporate virtue signallers going public with plans to "drop" Jones are just self absorbed free speech bullies. Dont let the door hit you on the way out.
The issue these days is that companies are required by left wing federal , state and local governments to have "Community, Social Responsibility" or CSR policies. Without one you are highly unlikely to be successful in any government tenders. It's the lefts way of forcing companies to tow the left wing line. It's a step closer to communism if you ask me.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
Please, he's a nasty old queen who needs to be put out to pasture. If he can't even be honest about himself, what else do you think he lies about?
That's very bigoted of you. You should be more accepting of minorities.

The issue these days is that companies are required by left wing federal , state and local governments to have "Community, Social Responsibility" or CSR policies. Without one you are highly unlikely to be successful in any government tenders. It's the lefts way of forcing companies to tow the left wing line. It's a step closer to communism if you ask me.
Tell me, where are the left wing governments in this country?

Back