Alan Jones Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

So patreon is most like what I surmise the mob working with Jones is? A start up o_O .. er, wot !

It has been announced today that Alan Jones has signed with Australian Digital Holdings, a new company, to launch his digital television show Alan Jones Direct to the People, which will premiere Monday, December 13. The announcement was made by Australian Digital Holdings chairman Maurice Newman.
The show was described as a unique experience in the Australian media landscape by Newman who cited that it will be free and viewable on every social media platform, available on podcast, and Alanjones.com.au. The website will also provide commentary pieces from Jones ranging from sports to politics to the arts. Newman said that they believe the programs and articles will produce millions of consumers.
Newman also said that while Jones is Australian Digital Holdings inaugural signing they plan to announce more within the next six months.

During the announcement press conference, Jones said that this project is a pioneering initiative.
“We have been encouraged by the reach and level of interest by what I am already posting on my Facebook page,” said Jones.
“It is very much the tomorrow of media in that all of you here know that we are all so busy and time-poor that we are not available to watch television at 7 o’clock at night or read the newspaper as we might want. But we might have time at 11 o’clock at night to ask what did he say about x or y. That content will continue to go up beyond whatever the program is.”

Jones said that the format of Alan Jones Direct to the People will be familiar to his supporters.
“I will have an opening editorial, at least two prominent interviews, a closing comment, a bit of a laugh. And thats it bang.”

This follows Jones’ resignation from Sky News earlier this year. Jones joined Sky News Australia in 2013 as co-host of political discussion program Richo + Jones, alongside Graham Richardson. He then went on to anchor Jones & Co in 2016 before hosting the Alan Jones program from July 2020.

yeah, its not new or original. one poddy i listen to (Welcome to Nightvale) has had this for years

yeah, its not new or original. one poddy i listen to (Welcome to Nightvale) has had this for years

I prefer the written word, finding it easier to cross check claims when my b.s bell sounds. Being verballed added to being 'sold a pup' makes me averse to podcasts, for true believers on any level.

Good riddance 🖕
What a waste of space
Could not stand the man and like Trump he is a dark reminder of how populist assholes can wield significant power .

Getting the message out, roll up, roll up ..... own goal that Chris, own it.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you are so wrong on this

digital streaming content providers are not a new thing, and its frankly a saturated market

it has everything from journos doing podcasts, to untold number of armchair experts and insiders on youtube/twitch/etc

and here is Jones's problem. Gen X and Gen y dominate the audience, and they like the punchier more dramatic streamers. Now you're probably saying he will make his home on the Boomer haven of Facebook. True that is his plan, but then there is one obstacle - Facebook content rules

the moment he starts bagging sudanese people, muslims, or pushing anti vaxxer untruths, he will be shut down
Think Jones is canny enough to play to his audience, provided he or someone around him is clever. He's not Alex Jones; he's a character all of his own category.

Part of the paradox of his appeal is his ability to be anything to anyone.

Think Jones is canny enough to play to his audience, provided he or someone around him is clever. He's not Alex Jones; he's a character all of his own category.

Which reminds me of a famous line delivered by a friend who was getting shafted in a tendering process some years ago,

“Mate, I’m the cheapest Whore around…but don’t * me like one”

As someone once said of Mick Jagger, "He's a nice bunch of blokes."

Alan Jones live stream crashes minutes into premiere | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

less than 1400 on the live stream when it crashed

ive seen webinars on the NDIS with more people online than this
Boomer Twitter was hilarious when it cut off. Crying that he’s been censored already, confusion why it wasn’t working anymore/how to make it work.
Who’s have thought when your main audience came because they actually still listen to the radio wouldn’t tune in to an internet strewn

Good riddance. No doubt he will start a YouTube channel to vent his bile.
First week and it's going off! Thousands of views! Who needs millions of viewers!?

D3C16A9D-19DC-45F2-832C-E5AAA14042E5.jpeg

First week and it's going off! Thousands of views! Who needs millions of viewers!?

View attachment 1299612

Kwality to put these numbers into context (for what youtube is like):

a vlogger called Asmongold got 950k views just talking about some new end game content for world of warcraft (a 20 year old MMO with a very limited audience for immediate relevance today)

but you say thats gaming, and international

Pauline gets 20k-80k for her nutburger s**t

Craig Kelly over 30k

Avi the jewish Nazi - 50k to over 200k

this is what i was referring to before about youtube being a saturated market. Jones isnt providing anything fresh or new, and isnt delivering it in a way the audience wants

Remove this Banner Ad

Back