Alan Jones Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

was a very biased lib, liked how he slammed the grubs after Cronulla riots but a lot of people forget he and Laws used to get up the banks for screwing people over then banks started sponsoring them and they soon changed their tune, so much for being on the side of the working man

:drunk:
He *en INSTIGATED them !!!

Meh, people like Yumi Stynes are one example of why commentators like Alan Jones become popular with the quiet listeners, and why people like Hildebrand get quite a following for their more conservative talking points.
After googling her name myself, I'm pretty sure most of Alan Jones' listeners wouldn't know who she is. They don't really get Twitter on the wireless.

With advertising drying up right now, I reckon saving on a final year’s pay would have been an attractive reason to ask him to leave a year early.

Perhaps his pay was tied to advertising dollars and he pulled the pin because virtue signalling* isn't raking in the advertising dollars like it used to?

*I should say his brand of virtue signalling.

Jones always knew exactly how to manage the Venn diagram of all his different listeners.

Is it really that difficult to find common ground between mysoginists, racists, RWFWs, RWNJs, peddo enablers et al?
Clearly not.
Lowest common denominator faux politics is all Jones had.

Is it really that difficult to find common ground between mysoginists, racists, RWFWs, RWNJs, peddo enablers et al?
Clearly not.
Lowest common denominator faux politics is all Jones had.
This is just counterfactual. There is a reason he was a serious political player in this country, courted by people on both sides of the aisle.

The man is a turd but he had huge broad based appeal amongst older demographics, as his ratings breakdown over the last 35 years will testify.
It defies logic that a person in his shoes would not be in for a cut of profits.
...nonetheless, there it is.

Bit of a surprise since his current $4M/year contract still had another year to run. Can't say he'll be missed.

Ben Fordham will take over his slot, but I wonder who'll take over his audience? His ratings have surged massively during the pandemic.
Advertisers deserting in numbers was in no small part responsible for his departure I reckon. And I'm not sure his ratings are as solid as you say.

Apparently 'Skid Mark' (the name given to #scottyfrommarketing by HG & Roy) said the douche had 'Always done the right thing by the country' Right! Like inciting the Cronulla riots; took for cash for comment; said Julia Gillard should be drowned in a chaff bag and in keeping with his misogyny abused the female Opera House CEO and Jacinta Ahern; regularly attacked indigenous leaders; done for defamation countless times..........

The fetid human being will be no loss. I'm sure 2GB will find a replacement to feed the feeble minded.

Accurate and funny.

C10dp3G.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is just counterfactual. There is a reason he was a serious political player in this country, courted by people on both sides of the aisle.

The man is a turd but he had huge broad based appeal amongst older demographics, as his ratings breakdown over the last 35 years will testify.

...nonetheless, there it is.

You have your logic arse up.

It is not the case that he held and espoused views and magically people adopted those views as their own.
His listeners already held those views.

There is a proportion of Australian society that is mysoginistic, racist, RWFWs, RWNJs et al.

His ability as a political player is vastly overstated, mainly by him and his supporters.
His rise coincided with the rise of RWFW-ittery in this country and his claim to have extensive political influence is BS.
His rise as a political player coincides with "quiet Australians" (read rednecks) finding their voice to spew their bile in public.
He has simply profited from that set of circumstances in same way as other RWFWs like Andrew Bolt.

Advertisers deserting in numbers was in no small part responsible for his departure I reckon. And I'm not sure his ratings are as solid as you say.

Apparently 'Skid Mark' (the name given to #scottyfrommarketing by HG & Roy) said the douche had 'Always done the right thing by the country' Right! Like inciting the Cronulla riots; took for cash for comment; said Julia Gillard should be drowned in a chaff bag and in keeping with his misogyny abused the female Opera House CEO and Jacinta Ahern; regularly attacked indigenous leaders; done for defamation countless times..........

The fetid human being will be no loss. I'm sure 2GB will find a replacement to feed the feeble minded.
Advertisers had deserted him in droves after the Ardern stuff and most didn’t return. Not viable anymore so it’s apparently see you later. Pretty simple in the end.

You have your logic arse up.

It is not the case that he held and espoused views and magically people adopted those views as their own.
His listeners already held those views.

There is a proportion of Australian society that is mysoginistic, racist, RWFWs, RWNJs et al.

His ability as a political player is vastly overstated, mainly by him and his supporters.
His rise coincided with the rise of RWFW-ittery in this country and his claim to have extensive political influence is BS.
His rise as a political player coincides with "quiet Australians" (read rednecks) finding their voice to spew their bile in public.
He has simply profited from that set of circumstances.
I am 99% convinced you are an account run by some IPA type. You’re too much like the stereotypical straw man to be real.

I am 99% convinced you are an account run by some IPA type. You’re too much like the stereotypical straw man to be real.

I am not surprised.
Your logic isn't very logical and you don't know what a strawman is.

i think the people whose behaviour caused the upheaval were the instigators
Controversial broadcaster Alan Jones is under pressure to make a public apology after a court upheld a ruling that he incited hatred and vilified Lebanese Muslims in on-air comments made in the lead-up to the Cronulla riots.

Don't get me wrong , i'm not excusing anyone who was there that day.

i think the people whose behaviour caused the upheaval were the instigators

Jones was spouting hate filled rubbish in the weeks leading up the the riots, he even bragged about it:

"I'm the person that's led this charge here. Nobody wanted to know about North Cronulla, now it's gathered to this."

Then on the day he read out the following:

"Come to Cronulla this weekend to take revenge... get down to North Cronulla to support the Leb and wog bashing day"

Absolute garbage human being. Radio retirement doesn't go far enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back