Alan Jones Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

So News didnt employ Jones? It defended him? Did they have it correct, we've seen a bit of that lately, News correct the other mob wrong & denying it (Trump).
Remember the incident not the detail.
Happy to accept your view though.
Well they DO employ him via sky but nein own 2gb

Well they DO employ him via sky but nein own 2gb

Yep now, never radio where the likes of Keating had a gig at will as he built his following.
All to the indignant sneering of the ABC & it 'superior' audience i.e better educated & definitely NOT working class of the university educated cohort.
Has anyone ever counted the number of ABC presenters destroyed by Jones over the decades?

Yep now, never radio where the likes of Keating had a gig at will as he built his following.
All to the indignant sneering of the ABC & it 'superior' audience i.e better educated & definitely NOT working class of the university educated cohort.
Has anyone ever counted the number of ABC presenters destroyed by Jones over the decades?
I'm sure someone counted but i doubt anyone here did.

Speaking of well-researched, Chris Masters' excellent book "Jonestown" has some pretty tawdry revelations in it. But I don't recommend reading it. It's too long and too detailed and you end up not wanting to spend any more time in the company of this man and his world. You just feel kinda sad about the human race after a while. It would seem Alan Jones was only ever happy when he was making life a misery for someone else.
I have read it a few times and it is long and detailed but if one spends time checking on the details and boy, it takes a very long time to do so, it is as accurate as one could wish for in an investigative treatise.

All class, isn't he?

Total prima donna.

See how far you get into these outtakes.

Some of these show him to be a petty and maybe a bit cruel, but the majority are kind of amusing. I hate the guy (too much driving around with my dad listening to him when I was a kid), but this video probably humanised him more than anything else I've seen. His summation that the Wallabies lost a Test because they were scared of the snakes in Indiana Jones was probably the funniest bit.

The thing is, you don't need to dig into out-takes to hear all the odious things he has said. It's plain as day on his actual show on a daily basis.

Losing elections did that to the ABC presenters. Their ideology is the reason that Labor has only won one election outright since 1993.

It really says something about conservatives that they'll still flock around someone after they've been shown to be a threat to young boys, whereas the left disown anyone who shows such proclivities. (Before anyone mentions Biden, his support base is centrist, the left all supported Sanders).
The rumour by an anonymous squirt on this thread is that he has a relationship with a 22 year old male. If true, that isn’t a boy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cough.....bullshit.....cough

When we played school rugby against his school one of the sledges we used was that an opposition player was getting "mentored" by Mr Jones.
When we played rugby with students from his school against Combined High Schools we were relentessly sledged with the same slur, whether we went to his school or not.

That’s right. If it smells like s**t, it’s s**t.
Which sums up Jones and the Right perfectly.
I always wonder what sort of education a person like you had, to be so unwise about facts and reality.
Was Alan a hero, a mentor?

When we played school rugby against his school one of the sledges we used was that an opposition player was getting "mentored" by Mr Jones.
When we played rugby with students from his school against Combined High Schools we were relentessly sledged with the same slur, whether we went to his school or not.
Parra Marist ?

No wonder they were sledging. Probably got thrashed every time so they had to feel like they were winning at something.

When it's 40-0 before the end of the first half it gets pretty boring in the backline so we had to entertain ourselves.

I went to Gilroy.

Didn't even have an AFL team the w***ers :thumbsdown:

Back in the mid 80's AFL in NSW would have been greeted by the same reaction as Barre today...WTF is that , that ain't sport and what sort of person would be involved with it.

Back in the mid 80's AFL in NSW would have been greeted by the same reaction as Barre today...WTF is that , that ain't sport and what sort of person would be involved with it.
AERIAL PING-PONG !!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back