Alan Richardson: where's the pressure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have no idea whether I’m right or wrong but my hunch tells me he has no plan b. Has a game plan, instructs the players to the enth degree in how to implement, but if it does not work, then he isn’t agile enough to change it. It’s all system and process with Ricoh it seems.

Therefore I think he is a very limited coach.
Richo has a plan b - it is to do nothing for a while then throw Carlisle forward. It has never worked.

So you think supporters of Hawthorn, Geelong, and now Richmond have elevated knowledge of premierships and are now 'expert' posters due to the team they support ?

That's incredibly inane.
I can't speak for all Richmond fans but I definitely felt my knowledge grow exponentially over the summer break.

Because he is a top 5 AFL ruckman.

It’s fair to say your player development has been mediocre
McEvoy is not a top 5 AFL ruckman lol.

Goldstein, Gawn, Nic Nat, Stef Martin, Jacobs, Ryder, Kreuzer, Grundy, and Witts are all unquestionably better than he is.

McEvoy is not a top 5 AFL ruckman lol.

Goldstein, Gawn, Nic Nat, Stef Martin, Jacobs, Ryder, Kreuzer, Grundy, and Witts are all unquestionably better than he is.
Gawn is unquestionably better than McEvoy.
Nic Nat and Ryder, when in form, are better than McEvoy.
Kreuzer has had one season of AFL, better than McEvoy.
Grundy has had four games in 2018 where he has shown that he is a better ruckman than McEvoy.
Martin, Jacobs and Witts (seriously, Witts?) have never been clearly better than McEvoy.

Unquestionably? Please.

You had Garry Lyon, Nick Riewoldt & Nick Dal Santo all questioning the game plan after about 3 minutes into the first quarter. NOTHING changed. Riewoldt at one point started laughing and said ïts gotten ridiculous now'.
Sack him and pay him out, he's gonna cost the club a lot more than his contract is worth if he sticks around.

You had Garry Lyon, Nick Riewoldt & Nick Dal Santo all questioning the game plan after about 3 minutes into the first quarter. NOTHING changed. Riewoldt at one point started laughing and said ïts gotten ridiculous now'.
Sack him and pay him out, he's gonna cost the club a lot more than his contract is worth if he sticks around.

Interesting from Riewoldt considering he would know exactly what sort of plan and style Ricoh goes with having played under him.

But yes they looked clueless tonight, forward structure and ball movement was all over the place.

Interesting from Riewoldt considering he would know exactly what sort of plan and style Ricoh goes with having played under him.

But yes they looked clueless tonight, forward structure and ball movement was all over the place.
Ball movement was all over the place because our structure was ****ed. How call you let a side have 1-2 spare players that continually win the ball in your forward 50. The way ball was switched with ease tonight was ridiculous, and nothing was done about it. Its straight up bad coaching and everyone can see it.

Gawn is unquestionably better than McEvoy.
Nic Nat and Ryder, when in form, are better than McEvoy.
Kreuzer has had one season of AFL, better than McEvoy.
Grundy has had four games in 2018 where he has shown that he is a better ruckman than McEvoy.
Martin, Jacobs and Witts (seriously, Witts?) have never been clearly better than McEvoy.

Unquestionably? Please.
And sandilands still beats them all

Its 50% the recruiters fault. The commentators summed it up perfectly when discussing Luke Dunstan. He has 6 players competing for his 2 spots. I think a few other positions have that issue for them. They got Billings/Gresham/Acres/Wright/Weller/Lonie/Sinclair/ all competing for about 3 spots but they play more then 3 because they dont actually have any true wingers and a forward line which is entirely made up of lead up forwards all competing for what is 1 spot, but hey may as well play 3 of them cos you dont have any actual CHFs to pick from

They pick the same type and same mould of player year in year out. You need a list with a bit more variety then the one they have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don't get why there is any expectation around the Saints.

They've lost some senior players and don't really have any young guns coming through.

Why is their ladder position a surprise to anyone?

so Freo have just 52,000 members from a half share of a football mad city of 2 million?
And that somehow compares favourably with St Kilda getting 40,000 from an eighth share of 4.35 million?
Then about 15k turn up the Saint's games.

Vic club membership figures are about as reliable as a plumber's estimate.

No, because his game plan won 2 grand finals. Thank you for proving my point once again.
It was his players, not the game plan.
Did CS have the same game plan?
I think St. Kilda players lack confidence and getting over the departures of Riewoldt and Montagna does not happen overnight.
The coach is not the issue- the expectation is.

so Freo have just 52,000 members from a half share of a football mad city of 2 million?
And that somehow compares favourably with St Kilda getting 40,000 from an eighth share of 4.35 million?
So how do you explain Hawks, Tigers, Cats, Demons, Bulldogs, Magpies all having higher memberships..maybe they just run their clubs better and attract elite players, something Saints have struggled with recently.

So how do you explain Hawks, Tigers, Cats, Demons, Bulldogs, Magpies all having higher memberships..maybe they just run their clubs better and attract elite players, something Saints have struggled with recently.
How many members would freo have if they were in Melbourne?

Answer: none they would have folded by now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back