Alan Richardson: where's the pressure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Williams was on the channel 9 footy show today and said he was the runner up for the Saints job when Richo got it.

He said he told them they were at least 5 years away but they thought 3 and that is why he didn't get the job.

Seems like they internally overrated where they were at.

Sounds like he would still be interested in coaching if a job came along.
They were/are bare MINIMUM of five years off. The saints board is utterly delusional.

Mark Williams was on the channel 9 footy show today and said he was the runner up for the Saints job when Richo got it.

He said he told them they were at least 5 years away but they thought 3 and that is why he didn't get the job.

Sounds a familiar tale. Have heard this type of story man times in the past (bloke fails interview because he tells the club the truth and instead the guy who promises the world gets the gig).....cant put my finger on which club but Essendon rings a bell.

Bolded is and has been the forwards entry game plan for 3+ years, super easy to defend against and super easy to rebound from, nothing has changed in 3 years, that's Richo's disconnect between our kickers and catchers, and its of his doing
Seemed to be the same story against us apart from the last quarter. Better method and a better connection between the midfield and the forward line would make a big difference.

Sounds a familiar tale. Have heard this type of story man times in the past (bloke fails interview because he tells the club the truth and instead the guy who promises the world gets the gig).....cant put my finger on which club but Essendon rings a bell.

There were rumours about Knights and Hardwick when both interviewed for the Essendon job, which sound like that scenario.

I don’t know how true that is considering the ‘blueprint’ the club put out in 2014 was to win a flag within 6 years...

We are probably still 5 years away now.

I'm no expert but when I see the Saints list I'm always left unimpressed.

They've got some handy players like Steven, Ross, Carlisle etc but they seemed to have drafted a lot of blokes who are never going to be anything special. There doesn't seem to be any standout star talents on their list and I think it's something they sorely miss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no expert but when I see the Saints list I'm always left unimpressed.

They've got some handy players like Steven, Ross, Carlisle etc but they seemed to have drafted a lot of blokes who are never going to be anything special. There doesn't seem to be any standout star talents on their list and I think it's something they sorely miss.
Could be worse, could have the gws reserves team and blokes being drafted on their surnames alone

The rebuild failed, St.Kilda came up too quick. Need to keep playing the kids, focus on contested ball, gather some high draft picks and a quality free agent. They're not as badly off as when Richardson took over.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back