Toast Alan Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

Sully111

Premiership Player
Jun 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
In some way it's a pity they couldn't find a role for him elsewhere at the club. It's unrealistic I know but people who get respected like that are hard to come by in footy.

I said that's what they should do a while ago. Honestly, i don't know why it's unrealistic.

SEN will always get it's nuffies but they've really gone down hill since they axed half their team a couple of years back.

They lost me when they axed Ox and Marko and their show.

It was a great informative afternoon show...…..Marko was a great source of information and had a great sense of humour.

When they exited the building...that was it for me....haven't listened to SEN since.

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
It had to happen, given results and six years without finals. However, Richo does seem like a genuinely good bloke; someone others like working with. He did his best, but it wasn't enough ultimately. No shame in that; he had the guts to try and the tenacity to persevere for six years.

I'd also like to wish him all the best for the future.

Onwards and, hopefully, upwards for Saints now. Don't waste this opportunity to make progress.

boydie any news on this? You were at that event from memory.
Was at the player sponsors trivia night and most players seemed ok, I dont think anybody really prodded the guys about the issue, our table had Robbie Young and Clav on it (we won the trivia event btw whoop whoop!) and they seemed good, I asked if training went on as planned yesterday and Robbie said yes with Ratts addressing players before training as per the norm (although usually it is richo).
Lethers spoke before the start of the trivia and allowed questions but only a couple of people put their hand up and 1 was a compliment to how the day was handled and the sole question was regarding Richo's welfare and what the club would help with in which Lethers said that Richo was given a payout based on remaining contract and he will be given support if needed.

Was at the player sponsors trivia night and most players seemed ok, I dont think anybody really prodded the guys about the issue, our table had Robbie Young and Clav on it (we won the trivia event btw whoop whoop!) and they seemed good, I asked if training went on as planned yesterday and Robbie said yes with Ratts addressing players before training as per the norm (although usually it is richo).
Lethers spoke before the start of the trivia and allowed questions but only a couple of people put their hand up and 1 was a compliment to how the day was handled and the sole question was regarding Richo's welfare and what the club would help with in which Lethers said that Richo was given a payout based on remaining contract and he will be given support if needed.
Good to hear mate. I may move this into the toast thread for more exposure.

It was a great informative afternoon show...…..Marko was a great source of information and had a great sense of humour.

When they exited the building...that was it for me....haven't listened to SEN since.

They just knifed KB too. I liked Harford and its been ordinary since then.

I think Marko has a very severe health issue he's going through.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
SEN will always get it's nuffies but they've really gone down hill since they axed half their team a couple of years back.

Sure have particularly with Hutchison in charge , guy loves the negative.

Couldn’t believe some of the stuff being aired , particularly when people are ill informed.

VDS66

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 4, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
I said that's what they should do a while ago. Honestly, i don't know why it's unrealistic.
I think it's like a relationship break up. You need a clean break and clean air for the new guy.

I recall how GT was commenting after Lyon was appointed, didn't help. Not saying Richo would be like that.

Also Richo might want a change as well.

Some inside info by the guys who were at the members function last night can be found here ;

Peoples biggest complaints about Richo over the years is that he seemed "boring" after the game.
Those people have no idea about the main duty of a coach. They can always flick to a stand up comedy show after the game.
I think he never got a good chance, let down by the list management and ultimately by injuries, some of which were pretty freaky.

Hope he goes on to do something else he loves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s worth also remembering that a whole lot has to go right for any coach to succeed. They’re at the mercy of list management decisions made well before they started, financial and business considerations which they can’t possibly change, luck with injuries and the bounce of the ball and player development and trading and staff competence and everything else.

Fair to say that Richo didn’t really get the rub of the green on most or all of these.

Yep Richo suffered because of bad drafting as far back as 2008, 2009,2010 , and it didn't get much better later.
We lost some great players, traded out and retired, we didn't get many great players in at all.

Nick Riewoldt on SEN Breakfast

Danny Frawley on SEN Afternoons

Nathan Burke on SEN Afternoons

Matt Finnis on 3AW

they are on sports radio if you want. to listen. 1278

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
I feel for Richo in that he was bloody unlucky this year. With a bit of luck injury-wise it could have been a good year for us. Unfortunately it has been a shocker for injuries and the season just got harder and harder. A really great bloke. Not sure he is a bad coach, but results are paramount in the industry and unfortunately it just didn't go his way.

I wish him all the best.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I didn't see it, I never open stuff but didn't see it come up.
8E22F9CE-C1B8-4F2F-990E-6649018B4B21.png

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Anyone read or heard anything about how Richo is copping after he resigned?

I know Bolton was not copping that well, Just wondering how Richo is going?

In Bali having a break. I'd imagine Richo will be okay. He seems to not be an ego maniac, and is thoughtful enough to be realistic. He's no doubt bitterly disappointed, but he is well respected amongst his peers & would have no issue gaining employment with another club looking for an experienced operator.

In Bali having a break. I'd imagine Richo will be okay. He seems to not be an ego maniac, and is thoughtful enough to be realistic. He's no doubt bitterly disappointed, but he is well respected amongst his peers & would have no issue gaining employment with another club looking for an experienced operator.
It's a wise thing to do to get out of the footy bubble of Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back