Toast Alan Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Saints fan I was proud to hear Richo talk on SEN this morning.. There is no bitterness towards the club and so much honesty from him. Stark contrast to to the two ex coaches we have heard on the sacked podcast recently.
He will get a good job at another club, but I hope he can always see himself as a St Kilda man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a Saints fan I was proud to hear Richo talk on SEN this morning.. There is no bitterness towards the club and so much honesty from him. Stark contrast to to the two ex coaches we have heard on the sacked podcast recently.
He will get a good job at another club, but I hope he can always see himself as a St Kilda man.
Richo has class and dignity. It didn't work for us but that's life.

He sounds like a man of character and it makes the posters who made personal attacks on his looks, his intelligence and even his speach seem very small bitter little people.

His coaching deserved critisism, sure, but the lies about him and the character assassinations showed the ugly shallow characters of many on here.

He sounds like a man of character and it makes the posters who made personal attacks on his looks, his intelligence and even his speach seem very small bitter little people.

His coaching deserved critisism, sure, but the lies about him and the character assassinations showed the ugly shallow characters of many on here.
Oh come on it was all light hearted entertainment.

Lighten up...

It was a nice interview but hearing Richo in the media again had elements of remembering some of the more annoying habits your ex had.

Lyon said something like, “So was it nice to be relaxing over in Bali, by the beach and be away from the pressure and spotlight of being a head coach?”
Richo, “No, no, I’m not a huge fan of the beach so I don’t spend much time there”.

Lyon, “So if you could write your own perfect role, what would that look like? What would you ideally like to be doing?”
Richo, “You don’t get to write your own role so, it would be a balance of what the club wants and what I want to do”.

Lyon, “If you won $10 million on the lottery, what would you do with the money?”
Richo, “Well Garry, the reality is I haven’t won $10 million on the lottery, but if I won $500, I’d probably go to Bunnings and get some new garden ornaments”

I reckon he will be a fantastic get for someone as an assistant though, especially if that is where is main focus is now.
Seems to be a good father like figure to the players and really trustworthy. I reckon he goes to North and I think that is an awesome move to support Shaw.

This.
And that fact that he will be snapped up for another role pretty much straightaway is testament to this.

Oh come on it was all light hearted entertainment.

Lighten up...

It wasn’t though. Some of the vitriolic stuff said about him, especially about his appearance on AFL360 was very much below the belt.

It wasn’t though. Some of the vitriolic stuff said about him, especially about his appearance on AFL360 was very much below the belt.
yes I know. I was being sarcastic.

It was appalling.

The ones happy to throw it out justified it as fun and entertainment.

It's funny that if you said that sort of stuff to another poster, you'd be banned.

Pretty sure there are obscure rules about abusing players and the club, but never enforced. Maybe if they were, there wouldn't be as much bitching on here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back