Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Maverick

Let the cobblers do the cobbling
Sep 6, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Leeds Utd FC
Whilst what has been reported is very unsavoury, I am struggling to place any logic in the reported situations.

Clarkson is a senior AFL. His role is to provide strategy and key principles that support the delivery of a successful game plan. To sit with numerous players, buying new SIM cards, collecting old SIM cards, telling players to abort babies, leave girlfriends, driving to players house, etc it is very detailed and hands on. I don’t see a senior coach having the capacity to work at this detailed level. This is all between media commitments, sponsor commitments, game prep, game reviews, etc.

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
The player’s feelings will need to be taken into account.
That's the problem with the world.

Feelings are more important than facts.

If he is innocent and the players can't accept it then I'd rather lose the said players than Clarko.

Sacking him if he is innocent will cost the club $5 mil.

Somehow, I don't think the players feelings will be taken into account.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

bennymate

Premium Gold
May 26, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal
50056d09-b58c-47cb-ae3c-8482946e2386.jpg

Val Keating

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s pretty backwards that we get to hear from the accuser without naming them, yet we’re not allowed to know who the accusations come from.

I’m not saying it didn’t happen, but I really don’t like that the accused gets named but the people making the accusations are allowed to go anonymous.

It’s not right to put it in the court of public opinion, yet only the accused is named.

Last edited:
Jeff and Gill don’t like seeing the NMFC up and about signing the best coach of the modern era. **** em. Clarko has plenty of shinboner, I think he’ll tell the truth and clear his name
I was having a good chat with my manager today about it because he is a Brisbane supporter.

We are both come from privilege therefore cannot speak for the victims but we could only think that this situation was a bit of shooting the messenger (which still obviously doesn’t excuse any of the alleged actions taken place) but we both agreed that there had to be a higher power in this.

Nylex

Club Legend
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Report released to AFL two weeks ago?
Firstly. There is no doubt in my mind that racism and treatment of First Nations people has been abhorrent. Thats out ******* Australia.

Yes, must have, its the only plausible answer. That journalist has contacted players mentioned in the report to gain further insight or new information.
Why is it plausible? So self taught journalist Russell Jackson has the view of the players only, def detailing from the report and we’re not sure if he spoke independently to the players making the accusations. He did not publish any views of those accused or of the coaches mentioned though. Maybe let the accused have there say before burying them

Jeff and Gill don’t like seeing the NMFC up and about signing the best coach of the modern era. **** em. Clarko has plenty of shinboner, I think he’ll tell the truth and clear his name
Yes that's right this is an AFL conspiracy against North Melbourne.

And their strategy was to... (checks notes)...
  • Have an independent journalist make the entire AFL look racist
  • And misogynist
  • Three days before the AFL Grand Final
  • And trigger an almost universal outpouring of sympathy for North Melbourne
Solid plan. 🙄

benbanjo

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who knows ?

There may have been a “discussion” with a distressed 19yr old kid (who’s looking for support ) about “options” a young couple have …. Including Termination.

Which ironically that right is being fought hard to be retained as a basic human right in US ( Roe V Wade)

It’s only speculation - but perhaps the conversation had been lost, misinterpreted or shifted over the years.

If there was genuine pressure on the kid for one option only ..& for the sake of a football career …. That would be appalling.

I think it also raises a broader point about “ player welfare” and a club’s responsibilities?

To what extent does a club become so deeply involved in a Personal family matters ?
LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite Master

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who knows ?

There may have been a “discussion” with a distressed 19yr old kid (who’s looking for support ) about “options” a young couple have …. Including Termination.

Which ironically that right is being fought hard to be retained as a basic human right in US ( Roe V Wade)

It’s only speculation - but perhaps the conversation had been lost, misinterpreted or shifted over the years.

If there was genuine pressure on the kid for one option only ..& for the sake of a football career …. That would be appalling.

I think it also raises a broader point about “ player welfare” and a club’s responsibilities? To what extent does a club become so deeply involved in a Personal family matter ?
Well said. I wouldn't be suprised if this is what happened which is all too common after a passage of time when people reflect on and regret life altering decisions. By that I mean we look for people to blame instead of taking accountability for our actions. Now if it's categorically proven that Clarkson and Fagen in any shape, way or form pressured these players to make these decisions than that's game over and Clarkson and Fagan should not be at any club at any level ever again..

Ischenko

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Russell Jackson, ‘self taught journalist’.
I’d say uneducated s**t stirer. If this is BS, Clarko and Fages will need to sue the ABC and fill there pockets with tax payers $
Russell Jackson is a really *en good journalist mate, I read the media for a living (for better or worse) so if he’s gone with it there’s something to it. What exactly remains to be seen. But to call him an uneducated s**t stirrer is very inaccurate. Very.

Val Keating

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep! I agree Val. The bloke was an absolute mess when he was recruited by Hawthorn. Thats Australias fault, thats our ******* disgraceful history.

I’m not suggesting it came from him, but the character of the person making the accusations matters.

I’m not suggesting racism doesn’t exist. It certainly does.

My personal story is only a small thing, but I took my daughter to a park in North Fitzroy and she was playing with another girl, the kid got called over by her parents and then would not play with my daughter again, when my daughter asked her to play with her the kid said “My parents said you look like an aboriginal person and I have to be more careful” and walked off.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I was having a good chat with my manager today about it because he is a Brisbane supporter.

We are both come from privilege therefore cannot speak for the victims but we could only think that this situation was a bit of shooting the messenger (which still obviously doesn’t excuse any of the actions taken place) but we both agreed that there had to be a higher power in this.
Or a lower one. Jason Burt their player development manager was named multiple times, including at the meetings, being the primary contact for some of them, and the person one was to live with after the (forced) separation. It sounded more like he was the welfare manager, but maybe that wasn't an established role yet?

Not actually claiming he's the big bad and Clarko is a goody two shoes, but it's something to think about.

Cyber_punk

Doomer
Feb 16, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes that's right this is an AFL conspiracy against North Melbourne.

And their strategy was to... (checks notes)...
  • Have an independent journalist make the entire AFL look racist
  • And misogynist
  • Three days before the AFL Grand Final
  • And trigger an almost universal outpouring of sympathy for North Melbourne
Solid plan. 🙄

Are we sure Caro doesn't have a good mate at the abc? Used to work there didn't she :tongueoutv1:

I can’t even believe so many people here are taking anonymous allegations that seriously. How are the accused allowed to be named but those alleging aren’t even asked to submit a statutory declaration or put their name behind this?

It’s absolutely likely to be complete made up exaggerated rubbish, yet people are already hanging Clarko, who has been known to be a man of integrity.

What sort of investigation uses some unknown “First Nations” people to interview other “first Nations” people, not bothering to use any professional investigators or interviewing any other club staff or the accused? This is just absolute load of crap and I hope those involved are already preparing a huge defamation case against the ABC and anyone else involved in publishing unproven allegations and naming the people who also have families and whose mental health should be protected.

Any serious allegation where the accuser isn’t prepared to put his name behind it, should be taken with a grain of salt

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Seems weird that you invite someone to live at your place when you don't have the best intentions for that person.

This is probably the case, even if best intentions weren't the right thing to do at the time.

I assume that regardless of whatever actually was said or transpired, the coaches and staff thought they were doing what's best for the players. And if his job was synonymous with welfare management then it's not uncommon for them to have young players living with them.

r_boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2007
Northern Territory
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can’t even believe so many people here are taking anonymous allegations that seriously. How are the accused allowed to be named but those alleging aren’t even asked to submit a statutory declaration or put their name behind this?

It’s absolutely likely to be complete made up exaggerated rubbish, yet people are already hanging Clarko, who has been known to be a man of integrity.

What sort of investigation uses some unknown “First Nations” people to interview other “first Nations” people, not bothering to use any professional investigators or interviewing any other club staff or the accused? This is just absolute load of crap and I hope those involved are already preparing a huge defamation case against the ABC and anyone else involved in publishing unproven allegations and naming the people who also have families and whose mental case should be protected.

Any serious allegation where the accuser isn’t prepared to put his name behind it, should be taken with a grain of salt

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think we should be hanging Clarko either, but to just write off these accusations is rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back