Coach Alastair Clarkson III - new NMFC senior coach until at least end 2027 - NMFC board approved AC to start 1/11 amid ongoing HFC racism investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at the sort of crap getting about ... This is from a group of mates, some who claim to be ITK. I'm resisting to take the bait here. Can anyone refute the claims about a Clarko sign-on bonus? I need something for the smart a**es!

"The Hawthorn report has been under lock and key for months, though knowledge existed at AFL exec level and an agreement with the named individuals embargoed until Brisbane had completed its season.

Kevin Sheedy was tipped off about this report through his deep connections with indigenous Australia and sabotaged Essendon’s attempts to lure Clarkson and in the process toppled the Essendon board to protect the club from another public relations disaster. Current favourite for the Essendon role, Adam Yze will not be appointed to the role as will be implicated in the review with the decision to be announced after the grand final and James Hird appointed under Kevin Sheedy’s direction.

Media speculation about Brad Scott being a late entrance to the Essendon process is just that, he will be joining Brisbane in the coming weeks to coach his old team. Hawthorn are absolutely filthy on this though the ability to tie Clarkson to these allegations is limited, with Fagan to wear the bulk of the blame. Hawthorn currently looking at their options to withold a final payment on his contract.

Clarkson’s agreement with North Melbourne leveraged the huge cap it had and unusual risk free upfront signing bonuses were awarded with no recourse. This places North in a ridiculous position that not only will they potentially need a new coach, but their ability to pay a new coach is severely impaired and thrust them back into debt.
I’ve heard Jed Anderson is at the centre of Hawks allegations and he went to ABC and leaked his side of the story recently as he’s not happy Clarko is his coach again at Roos"

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sheedy sided with the board members that went after Clarko. The ones that got turfed were the anti-Clarko, pro-Truck members.

Have a look at the sort of crap getting about ... This is from a group of mates, some who claim to be ITK. I'm resisting to take the bait here. Can anyone refute the claims about a Clarko sign-on bonus? I need something for the smart a**es!

"The Hawthorn report has been under lock and key for months, though knowledge existed at AFL exec level and an agreement with the named individuals embargoed until Brisbane had completed its season.

Kevin Sheedy was tipped off about this report through his deep connections with indigenous Australia and sabotaged Essendon’s attempts to lure Clarkson and in the process toppled the Essendon board to protect the club from another public relations disaster. Current favourite for the Essendon role, Adam Yze will not be appointed to the role as will be implicated in the review with the decision to be announced after the grand final and James Hird appointed under Kevin Sheedy’s direction.

Media speculation about Brad Scott being a late entrance to the Essendon process is just that, he will be joining Brisbane in the coming weeks to coach his old team. Hawthorn are absolutely filthy on this though the ability to tie Clarkson to these allegations is limited, with Fagan to wear the bulk of the blame. Hawthorn currently looking at their options to withold a final payment on his contract.

Clarkson’s agreement with North Melbourne leveraged the huge cap it had and unusual risk free upfront signing bonuses were awarded with no recourse. This places North in a ridiculous position that not only will they potentially need a new coach, but their ability to pay a new coach is severely impaired and thrust them back into debt.
I’ve heard Jed Anderson is at the centre of Hawks allegations and he went to ABC and leaked his side of the story recently as he’s not happy Clarko is his coach again at Roos"

Posted and discussed a couple of nights ago. Probably 20-30 pages back, given the pace at which this thread moves.

Edit: it was last night (page 174).

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
FMD. You don't worry about the complainants when choosing your own council.

Hey, since you accused me of murder, I just want to check with you if its ok that I've hired Cleaver Greene to represent me?
The AFL is supposed to be the mediator in all this, the neutral party. I'm ok with them appointing Gordon, not sure it's all going to turn out well for the complainants though.

Injunction on what grounds?
They wouldn't be able to prove what the story contained until after it was published.
You can't say x person is sending me y questions therefore I know for a fact they will publish z.

If the journo had let slip that he had a copy of an internal report it might have caused problems though.
But I note that even in the article its ambiguous whether he had a copy or whether he was just told parts of what is in it.

If the journalist is asking for response the person needs to know what they’re responding to.

Once the allegations are supplied it would be straight to the lawyers.

I don’t really think Jackson wanted a response he just wanted the story out there.

Someone has put a lot of time and effort into that , good in ‘em lol

LTK blew that shyte out of the water quite succinctly, Hazey.

Interesting, though lots of elements that fall in the "unlikely" category. Example 1, no-one with any financial literacy would refer to a "risk free up front signing bonus". Example 2, surely any such bonus would not be "with no recourse" - it would at the very least be contingent on Clarko starting in the position. Example 3, if Jed's not being offered a new contract, he wouldn't have Clarko as coach again. Example 4, Sheedy allegedly "toppled the Essendon board to protect the club from another public relations disaster", and that very act of toppling the board has been the definition of another public relations disaster.

So yeah, unlikely (but at a long stretch, not impossible).
woops, read the fred *in

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
It's one thing to give evidence in an interview or club/AFL sanctioned report.

But if this does end up in the courts, then any discussions not held directly with the accused are only heresay.

This from what I can gather will result in a lot of the partners and their extended families evidence not being admissible in a real court.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The AFL is supposed to be the mediator in all this, the neutral party. I'm ok with them appointing Gordon, not sure it's all going to turn out well for the complainants though.
Personally a bit uncomfortable with someone from clubland having the role representing the League as a whole. Maybe it's not an issue in this case, but I'm still not a fan.

To his brisbane address, right? I don’t know if ‘ignored’ can be definitively used based on how he has phrased it. Unless he said ‘I received confirmation that Fagan had received my email/call, but refused to make any comment’.

Again, I’m trying to imagine what the scene would be like. The Brisbane lions coaches email account on the Monday since returning from Melbourne on Sat/Sun. I don’t know. It seems a bit too much of a loose statement to say ‘it’s not his fault he ignored it’.
If Fagan has missed seeing emails and hearing phone messages as important as these then he's an idiot.

Aug 6, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If the journalist is asking for response the person needs to know what they’re responding to.

Once the allegations are supplied it would be straight to the lawyers.
Sure.

But say I write an email to you and it goes

Dear Mr Blackshadow

I'm an investigative journalist with the Big Footy Gossip outlet and I'd appreciate it if you could respond to the following questions for a story I'm working on.

1) Why are you currently a VIP member at Tender Touch
2) Is it appropriate given your professional and marital situation to be operating the Wristo BF user account
3) How do you reconcile this with your esteemed reputation as an upstanding member of the NMFC BF community

Please note the deadline for my post is close of business tomorrow.

Kind regards
Makeshift Park Esq.

Now you may well say "hey that's bullshit, none of those things are true" and you may well send it off to your lawyers who'll send me some polite threats, but you can't as I understand it seek an injunction that prevents me for publishing anything because you don't know what actual imputations the story will have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy mellow coffee & live a petty bourgeois life.
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sure.

Dear Mr Blackshadow

I'm an investigative journalist with the Big Footy Gossip outlet and I'd appreciate it if you could respond to the following questions for a story I'm working on.

2) Is it appropriate given your professional and marital situation to be operating the Wristo BF user account
3) How do you reconcile this with your esteemed reputation as an upstanding member of the NMFC BF community

Kind regards
Makeshift Park Esq.

Now you may well say "hey that's bullshit, none of those things are true" and you may well send it off to your lawyers who'll send me some polite threats, but you can't as I understand it seek an injunction that prevents me for publishing anything because you don't know what actual imputations the story will have.
He's on to you B'Shad.

And I think he might win as the defence of "truth" is legit.

Sure.

Dear Mr Blackshadow

Kind regards
Makeshift Park Esq.

l did lol

Given Fagan’s status in the game the allegations would cause serious reputational damage.

If he’s 100% certain the allegations are baseless even Denis DeNuto could get an injunction up preventing publication until the allegations are probed further.

KickItAnywhere34

Club Legend
May 2, 2001
Melbourne Vic Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Hazey relax - it’s a Pretty good theory but I believe this text has been doing the rounds today as another mate of mine got it too. I haven’t heard anything in relation to this but I can say that Jed Anderson has no issue with Clarko and I reckon most of what is there is pure speculation given that the AFL and Hawthorn didn’t receive the report until a week and a half ago which is well after the timeline for the Sheedy stuff and when we appointed Clarko. Great story but the timeframes give away that its utter rubbish.

scottywiper

Brownlow Medallist
May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
Hazey relax - it’s a Pretty good theory but I believe this text has been doing the rounds today as another mate of mine got it too. I haven’t heard anything in relation to this but I can say that Jed Anderson has no issue with Clarko and I reckon most of what is there is pure speculation given that the AFL and Hawthorn didn’t receive the report until a week and a half ago which is well after the timeline for the Sheedy stuff and when we appointed Clarko. Great story but the timeframes give away that its utter rubbish.
It's grade a fiction...

JGreezy

Premiership Player
Mar 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
None of the ABC stories match Jed. I wish that people would do 5 seconds of thinking before dragging him into this.

Jed's partner Nicky was openly 4 months pregnant when he was traded to the Hawks. He didn't quit footy after leaving Hawthorn.

Those two facts rule him out from any of the stories.

Edit:

See the article below that announces the trade and mentions that they were expecting a child. The hawks were well aware.

Last edited:

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
having had some experience with "integrity units",
If guilty or not guilty from the IU, that doesn't necessarily mean the individuals are guilty/not guilty.

Even courts of law get it wrong. Literally all that matters is what the CLUB, PLAYERS and STAFF think/feel about the situation, and what any potential acquisitions think/feel.

Could very well get a guilty verdict, still deny it, and continue as head coach.
I don’t get this part. If he’s found guilty, I assumed that regardless of denials he won’t be allowed to coach again at any level. (And personally I wouldn’t want him to).

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's grade a fiction...
It's some Essendon fan's headcanon they kept repeating to themselves as they drifted off to sleep. Like I said earlier it paints Sheedy as the Noble Hero respected by all, and he is hiring Hird simply because the other coaching options are caught up in this horrific scandal!

Also lolnorf they have no coach AND they got swindled by clarko out of a lot of money AND one of their players is a whistleblower who went to the ABC AND norf are going back into debt.

I genuinely don't know how anyone can read the whole thing and think it's anything other than bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back